• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
Wow, Action Comics #42 came out of nowhere.

Superman vs Police Brutality. Never thought I'd see the day.

It's one of those things that make perfect sense but that you never really hope to see because usually comics don't really give a shit? But then they do and it resonates in a way that's so great? Pak has been a godsend, and he just gets Superman.

ReAxion

I just like eggs. I've been eating tons of eggs for ages now. I thought it was a well-known fact that I'm addicted to eggs. Haha

But no, not bulking or anything. I just do a relatively high-protein diet and have an annoyingly fast metabolism.

Cut it down to 6. You're intentionally creating the scenario where there's 8 hot dogs to a package and only 6 buns to a bag!

I just like eggs. I've been eating tons of eggs for ages now. I thought it was a well-known fact that I'm addicted to eggs. Haha

But no, not bulking or anything. I just do a relatively high-protein diet and have an annoyingly fast metabolism.

I think that's well beyond liking eggs and deep into LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING EGGS! territory.

PsychBat!

Banned
beauty-and-the-beast-gaston-flexing.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Cut it down to 6. You're intentionally creating the scenario where there's 8 hot dogs to a package and only 6 buns to a bag!

You'd think so, but in reality it's a big mess no matter what because my parents eat like 2 eggs each every morning.
The way we get around this potential disaster is by buying 72 eggs at Costco every week. The eggs never run out. The way god intended it.

I think that's well beyond liking eggs and deep into LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING EGGS! territory.

Hmm. Fair point. I accept this.

There are weeks when i eat a dozen eggs a day every day. Fwiw.

My man.

Nah, i'm just a cheap bastard in search of cheap protein.

MY MAN.

Zombine

Banned

How do you feel about gout?

There are weeks when i eat a dozen eggs a day every day.

How do you really feel about gout?

Have you big egg folks ever considered raising chickens? I mean, I know this isn't possible everywhere but it's certainly not an invalid option in places where it is.

Kipp

Have you big egg folks ever considered raising chickens? I mean, I know this isn't possible everywhere but it's certainly not an invalid option in places where it is.

I've definitely considered it an option at some point in the future. But I've also considered the fact that I'd probably need a ton of chickens to sustain my diet.

Plus, eggs are cheap enough that I'm not sure it'd be worth the inconvenience of having to keep animals alive.

Action Comics #42 is one hell of a comic. It's probably the most direct reference of current events in a comic since Material #1, and I'm completely serious on that. If you missed the "Superman as social justice crusader" from the beginning of Morrison's run you'll wanna hop on that, because it's got a realness to it that I didn't think you could get in a contemporary cape comic of this magnitude. It's a great fucking issue.

Still reading my picks from this week, but I had to hop back into the thread and say that HOLY CRAP AC #42 was one hell of a comic, and I agree with all of the above. Just super fucking real.

It also had Superman rodeoing a giant shadow monster, so that was fun, the but the real meat of the issue was the Kentville thing. Binghamton is an asshole, but you can just, just see where he's coming from, so he doesn't come across as a caricature, just a man made bad by life. Dante is badass, and Lee just displays this amazing moral courage and...

God, it was something else. Everyone, get on this, STAT.

Ran the math on that once. Eggs are much cheaper. Structure, heating, rations, cleaning crap. Nah. Not worth it.

Love my eggs, but unfortunately you can't raise chickens in the city.

Have to be honest. I don't really like the city. Looking up and seeing all those concrete monstrosities.... It's so weird. I leave my house and there's just open sky everywhere. I feel so claustrophobic in the city.

Deadly Class today, wow. Another killer issue.

Everyone really needs to give this book a shot if they haven't already. It's incredible.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Does Dark Horse publish anything of note besides Hellboy & co.?

I know they were trying to diversify their superhero lineup after losing Star Wars, but did that ever pan out? Also, where is new Umbrella Academy at?
Mind MGMT
Usagi Yojimbo

They do a lot of good miniseries as well, along with bringing over international books.

Kipp

I don't tell people who boulder how many eggs to eat for breakfast.

Words to live by right there.

It takes a lot of sustenance to go around breaking big stones with hammers all day.

Have to be honest. I don't really like the city. Looking up and seeing all those concrete monstrosities.... It's so weird. I leave my house and there's just open sky everywhere. I feel so claustrophobic in the city.

I'm not a fan of cities either, but I think it's mainly because of the claustrophobia that comes from the fact that there's unending traffic and there's absolutely nothing you can do except wait it out.

I had a neighbor try to do this once. It isn't as straightforward as one would think. As soon as the raccoons located them they became too stressed to lay eggs and it was just a constant battle to keep all manner of vermin out of their coop and house.

Still reeling a bit from Action Comics #42 (read it nao) but I pressed on and read Bizarro and Omega Men.

Bizarro really hit its stride with this one. Utterly charming, somewhat bizarre (duh), but in a very good way. Not sure what's up with Queen Tut, thinking that maybe the staff put some kind of whammy on her? Not sure. The bits with other Justice League members were great, and the
"I have FAILED THIS CITY"
shirt made my day.

Omega Men continues to be a weird, weird book. I honestly don't know what to say about it. I like it, and I'm very interested in what happens next but... it almost feels like the first exposure to a new culture, in a way. It's dealing with familiar themes and ideas but in a fashion that I've never actually personally dealt with before, like... it's got a different set of stock tropes. Very, very much looking forward to #3.

People, spoilers on stuff that just released today very much needs to be inside of spoiler tags. Some of us can't easily read new releases until later in the day or the like.

I had a neighbor try to do this once. It isn't as straightforward as one would think. As soon as the raccoons located them they became too stressed to lay eggs and it was just a constant battle to keep all manner of vermin out of their coop and house.

Oh, I never said it was easy. But I do know some friends and family that have done it and seem to enjoy doing it.

The Wicked + The Divine 12

Decent issue, if a bit all over the place.
But I guess there'd be less cohesion without Laura.
Not sure how I feel about Wic Div with cartoonish/anime expressions. Definitely made the gods seem less pensive and mysterious than they typically come across. But it made for an impactful panel during the fight scene climax. Though, the two page spread during that fight was hot garbage. Especially coming off of Wes Craig's next level paneling hotness.

Not really the follow up issue I imagined after all the hot death in 11 but it definitely still had me curious to find out what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom