• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

gayL1K6.jpg

I don't get it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I don't want to be hyperbolic, but Squirrel Girl 7 100% definitely has a BreakfastGaf reference.

Edit: Ah, I'd typed this but didn't hit enter until after the discussion happened. But it was pretty great.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Dunno if this counts as a SW4 spoiler but can you believe Luke managed to blow up the Death Star by himself!? What a shot.

ElNarez

Banned
Dunno if this counts as a SW4 spoiler but can you believe Luke managed to blow up the Death Star by himself!? What a shot.

We laugh but speaking of: just how many droids who are almost-but-not-quite-HK-47 is Gillen gonna write in Darth Vader. I don't mind, but, I really wanna know.

I don't get it.
It's from today's issue of Airboy, which I decided to look up since folks were doing such a hard one-eighty on it.
Robinson and Hinkle get Airboy high and they end up in a transgender bar. They don't tell Airboy about the women because he's a fictional character from the conservative 1940s and he'd freak out over the "trannies and drag queens," but he finds out anyway after getting a blowjob from one lady in the bathroom; she wants him to reciprocate after. Robinson's in the next stall over getting the same treatment, and when Airboy confronts him back in the bar the pictured dialogue takes place.

AC#42.

Based Pak.

Also ordered Uncanny Avengers Omnibus for £40.

I should get round to finishing off Daredevil Miller Vol 1 so i can move onto Uncanny X FOrce...

Yo, seriously what the hell with the secret wars spoilers?? That one post wasn't even being coy, just straight up posted a spoiler. I don't think it will ruin the comic for me, but c'mon. It hasn't even been out a whole day yet!

So what exactly is Original Sin about? Like, I hear it's a bad event, but it did happen. I'm very curious.

Everything that I've seen relating to it seems to hint at some sort of time travel or something.

Busaiku

So was everything delayed?
The ads in some of the books were saying July 1 for the next issues.

Secret Wars 5 was supposed to be today too.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The owner at my shop knew I was looking for this and held it behind the counter for me this morning.

Today is a good day.

n3j2U2-WEuRfZ3L1Qhn8fK5TMFJMXueELDcEyv61mZXL=w537-h953-no
Damn I wanted to pick this update at my local shop but apparently they were all pre bought :(. Guess for anything cool I have to pre-buy. Didn't even think of that.

Shitting on Nick Fury.

Seriously, that is the whole and complete purpose of Original Sin.

So that's the one where he gets the Watcher's knowledge and just fucks everyone?

Because I see Original Sin Mighty Avengers, and it looks like it has original Blade on the cover. And I also know Beast bringing the O5 happened around that time maybe, so I was very curious as to what was up...

Tizoc

It's from today's issue of Airboy, which I decided to look up since folks were doing such a hard one-eighty on it.
Robinson and Hinkle get Airboy high and they end up in a transgender bar. They don't tell Airboy about the women because he's a fictional character from the conservative 1940s and he'd freak out over the "trannies and drag queens," but he finds out anyway after getting a blowjob from one lady in the bathroom; she wants him to reciprocate after. Robinson's in the next stall over getting the same treatment, and when Airboy confronts him back in the bar the pictured dialogue takes place.

Aha, thanks for clearing it up.

So that's the one where he gets the Watcher's knowledge and just fucks everyone?

No.

The way it was setup, Nick was revealed to be
the ultimate Top Cop, and had been killing galactic/interdimensional/magic threats for decades on end, with only Uatu knowing what he was up to.

Which is why Uatu then setup a contrived plot to suicide-by-cop via Nick, thus also forcing him into becoming the new Watcher. Nick only gets the watcher powers at the very end, and is then enslaved/chained to the moon.

Its just... messy. With no payoff.

Then we got Old Grumpy Asshole Steve right after, making one wonder why the fuck they got rid of Nick just to give us a shittier Nick.

No.

The way it was setup, Nick was revealed to be
the ultimate Top Cop, and had been killing galactic/interdimensional/magic threats for decades on end, with only Uatu knowing what he was up to.

Which is why Uatu then setup a contrived plot to suicide-by-cop via Nick, thus also forcing him into becoming the new Watcher. Nick only gets the watcher powers at the very end, and is then enslaved/chained to the moon.

Its just... messy. With no payoff.

Sounds weird.

I'll probably read it.

Secret Wars #4 escalated real quick.

Also, we now know the Phoenix's place in the pecking order.

You do know what a Phoenix does right?

Anyways, shit issue. Reed vs Doom issue 4000 continues to be like some fanfic with amazing art and shit dialogue.

Hickman is a "that happened" storyteller and it's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom