• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Nelo Ice

Banned
So besides not even getting a shot at the Mickey variant, I picked up the Starlin variant of Secret Wars #4. Was glad to see it wasn't marked up over msrp. Also picked up A-Force #2 and Giant Size Little Marvel #2.

Secret Wars
nR84zMc.png

If Manapul keeps doing projects with Brian Bouchebag, then he can fuck right off. Sad to see somebody so talented tie himself to such an anchor.

What was that whole drama with him? I've completely forgotten

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Secret Wars
nR84zMc.png

What was that whole drama with him? I've completely forgotten

No drama, dude just can't write or tell a story, and the team of Manapul and Bouchebag has been churning out gorgeous looking dogshit for years.

Savitar

We Stand on Guard was good stuff, nothing OMFG worthy but it was a decent set up and as time goes on based on his previous and current works got no doubt BKV will take the book to places.

Plus some good ol Canada vs USA is always fun stuff.

Busaiku

Yeah, it looks like a bunch of books were delayed.
Are they really gonna be able to do the All New, All Different in October.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
We Stand on Guard was good stuff, nothing OMFG worthy but it was a decent set up and as time goes on based on his previous and current works got no doubt BKV will take the book to places.

Plus some good ol Canada vs USA is always fun stuff.

I thought it looked interesting. I'm gonna put it on my wishlist for now.

New thread! Loving this month's logo.

Excited about Tess Fowler on Rat Queens. They've been posting her art on the Queens' FB for awhile so it was always likely. Her stuff looks like it came from 2nd Edition AD&D books, that's a good thing IMO.

MG310

No.

The way it was setup, Nick was revealed to be
the ultimate Top Cop, and had been killing galactic/interdimensional/magic threats for decades on end, with only Uatu knowing what he was up to.

Which is why Uatu then setup a contrived plot to suicide-by-cop via Nick, thus also forcing him into becoming the new Watcher. Nick only gets the watcher powers at the very end, and is then enslaved/chained to the moon.

Its just... messy. With no payoff.

Then we got Old Grumpy Asshole Steve right after, making one wonder why the fuck they got rid of Nick just to give us a shittier Nick.

Then they barely use Nick Fury Jr which you think would be the reason for sending Old Nick away.

Messi

New thread! Loving this month's logo.

Excited about Tess Fowler on Rat Queens. They've been posting her art on the Queens' FB for awhile so it was always likely. Her stuff looks like it came from 2nd Edition AD&D books, that's a good thing IMO.

Tess did the Braga one shot no?

Also. Thanks for the Secret Wars spoilers today folks. Didn't even try to spoiler tag it. Much appreciated.

Zombine

Banned
Can we just stop clipping scans that aren't officially released in general? It's kinda lame.

For real though, Aerith kills Snape.

Can we just stop clipping scans that aren't officially released in general? It's kinda lame.

It's even in DA RULEZ:
1. Discussion of newly released comics that involves specific plot details shall be accompanied at all times by the appropriate use of the
tag function.
2. Direct posting of full-page images from newly released comics using the tags is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
3. Direct posting of images or spoilers from comics that have yet to be released is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
4. Covers, solicitation copy, and/or promotional materials shall not be considered spoilers and are allowed, unless their content involves specific plot details; in those cases, outgoing links with spoiler warnings should be used.
5. The unmarked posting of spoilers related to comics will be allowed after a period of one week (Wednesday to Wednesday) from that comic's release. (NOTE: Longer? -Spike)
6. Members of Comic GAF are expected at all times to exercise common sense and polite discretion as a matter of courtesy to fellow posters. I know, tough one.
7. If you are unsure of whether or not posting something would constitute a spoiler, err on the side of caution and use the [SPOILER] tags.[/quote]

No. 2 should be updated IMO. Should basically be "no scans of new comics, at all."

Wait a week. If you absolutely must post images, don't use IMG tags, LINK THEM. Geez, guys.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I guess that secret wars issue explains why
Cyke is nowhere to be seen in the october books ;_;

No. 2 should be updated IMO. Should basically be "no scans of new comics, at all."

Wait a week. If you absolutely must post images, don't use IMG tags, LINK THEM. Geez, guys.

I can get behind this.

Sorry you got spoiled on Secret Wars Messi. =/ Lamers.

so I guess that secret wars issue explains why
Cyke is nowhere to be seen in the october books ;_;

We'll see. Four issues to go.

Zombine

Banned
I thought as much, I just didn't know what Zombeen was referring to.

I'm referring to reviews that people here write with pics they clip from their iPad and highlight moments that aren't presented in previews. They're scans any way you try to spin it and it's against TOS and kind of rude to those of us who haven't read yet.

I'm referring to reviews that people here write with pics they clip from their iPad and highlight moments that aren't presented in previews. They're scans any way you try to spin it and it's against TOS and kind of rude to those of us who haven't read yet.

That sounds like a grey area, tho. If it was in digital form when you acquired it, and it's from an official source, is it really a scan? I mean, I certainly wouldn't post panels from books that just came out that day, regardless...

Messi

That sounds like a grey area, tho. If it was in digital form when you acquired it, and it's from an official source, is it really a scan? I mean, I certainly wouldn't post panels from books that just came out that day, regardless...

So I can screen cap articles from edge magazine and post them on GAF? I bought it digitally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom