• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

who is this Travel Foreman person? *googles*

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO o_O

is this a fucked up creepy looking Magik? I dont want to link it because it might not be safe (I mean its slightly more risque than what she actually wears in Marvel comics but still)
Well, Kingdom Hearts has been known to be light
If Rocafort is drawing Squirrel Grl I'm burning this thread to the ground. He deserves better.
He's drawing a mini called "The Trial of Hank McCoy."
DC just announced a new Vigilante mini series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ero-as-young-black-man-in-vigilante-southland

Donny-f1d51.jpg
That's not Black Lightning.

All New Iron Fists
Bring in the All-Forgettable All-Different Power Man. Just have an Immortal Weapons book or something.
another black superhero who's a NBA player, black and blue color scheme, and mothafuckin' electric powers

white people pls explain
Go with what works? I guess?

I can't explain.

Phamit

I hope they keep Aaron for a Doctor Strange book, but with the second Thor and the new Strange book I'm a bit concerned

shingi70

Banned
When I was kid and would play superheroes my favorite power sets were electricity or tech base. It's only later in life I realized I was perpetuating super hero stereotypes.

Kaare Andrews getting another Iron Fist book sounds like they just couldn't get any other fuckin' person to pitch for that character. Like it was either him or nobody.

IIRC there was even a study on what powers different heroes and villains had and if skin color meant there was a higher chance they had a specific power. Think the result was pretty much:

Tech and electricity: Black heroes and villains.

Kung-fu and magic: Asian heroes and villains.

Money and powers from accidents: White heroes and villains.

frye

I wonder how aware comics people are of the black person/electric powers thing... Waid pointed it out in one of those Boom books he did but it keeps happening!!

mreddie

IIRC there was even a study on what powers different heroes and villains had and if skin color meant there was a higher chance they had a specific power. Think the result was pretty much:

Tech and electricity: Black heroes and villains.

Kung-fu and magic: Asian heroes and villains.

Money and powers from accidents: White heroes and villains.

Latino heroes have strength I know that.

TheFlow

Banned
Ok sold all of my books except Seconds, Private eye, and lost at see. Guess people don't like O'Malley.

How much I received before shipping 1,239.49. Welp time to binge on CMX.

Owzers

Her solo series is good. Don't be mean. Way worse books on the stands than what the Harley team are putting out.
I thought you said you weren't really liking it a few months ago, too many Harley books being put out with iffy quality. I haven't read anything since buying the power girl three issue arc in a cmx sale, still have a fairly negative opinion on the book.

Nobody is the better option in this situation.

Kaare: Heeeeeeey, Tommy B! I got another Iron Fist pitch for ya, its grittier and grimmer than the last one haha

Tom Breevort: Stop, just...shut the fuck up for five minutes. I gotta make a call. *dials number, Fraction picks up*

Matt Fraction: For the last time, I'm not coming back to Marvel. One, I'm done all my comics for ya'll. B, you said no to my Inhumanity pitch, and three, well, just-its just no, ok? No means no.

Tom Breevort: As an editor, its my job to tell you you started your list with numbers, then switched to alphabetical with the letter B, then back to numbers with three.

Matt Fraction: Shut up. Don't call me again. *hangs up*

Tom Breevort: Fuck...

Kaare: ...*slowly raises up his giant folder with his very detailed pitch for Iron Fist*

Tom Breevort: *sigh*...lets hear it Andrews

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah we already have a great Iron Fist book, he doesn't need a solo book right now.

Right? PMIF had just about washed the stink off and now they're diving back in.

Kaare: Heeeeeeey, Tommy B! I got another Iron Fist pitch for ya, its grittier and grimmer than the last one haha

Tom Breevort: Stop, just...shut the fuck up for five minutes. I gotta make a call. *dials number, Fraction picks up*

Matt Fraction: For the last time, I'm not coming back to Marvel. One, I'm done all my comics for ya'll. B, you said no to my Inhumanity pitch, and three, well, just-its just no, ok? No means no.

Tom Breevort: As an editor, its my job to tell you you started your list with numbers, then switched to alphabetical with the letter B, then back to numbers with three.

Kaare: ...*slowly raises up his giant folder with his very detailed pitch for Iron Fist*

Sounds about right. Do we have details about what he wanted Inhumanity to be?

Ok sold all of my books except Seconds, Private eye, and lost at see. Guess people don't like O'Malley.

How much I received before shipping 1,239.49. Welp time to binge on CMX.

Whoa, nice.

It isn't as funny now that it looks like Spider-Woman is ending but...

• 105 Spidey 7 20,736
  • 108 Rocket Raccoon and Groot 6 20,392
  • 110 Nova 8 19,720
  • 111 Spider-Woman 8 19,658
  • 114 Squadron Supreme 8 18,676
  • 115 Scarlet Witch 7 18,496
  • 118 Astonishing Ant-Man 9 18,382
  • 124 All New Inhumans 8 17,865(already cancelled)
  • 127 Howard The Duck 8 17,569(already cancelled)
  • 131 Star-Lord 8 16,762(cancelled due to writer going DC exclusive)
  • 134 Nighthawk 2 16,522
  • 135 Contest of Champions 9 16,423(already cancelled)
  • 138 Venom Space Knight 9 16,006
  • 139 Mockingbird 4 15,975
  • 141 Web Warriors 8 15,953(already cancelled)
  • 145 Agents of Shield 6 15,689
  • 147 Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 9 14,692(safe due to trades)
  • 148 Guardians of Infinity 7 14,592(cancelled due to writer going DC exclusive)
  • 161 Patsy Walker Aka Hellcat 7 13,396
  • 169 Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 8 12,721
  • 186 Drax 8 10,707
  • 187 Hyperion 4 10,689(already cancelled IIRC?)
  • 246 Scarlet 10 7,386

Sounds about right. Do we have details about what he wanted Inhumanity to be?

Good I assume, so that must've been the problem.

Kidding(?) aside, I got no idea, but he worked on it for half a year and had a 64-issue outline and shit, so he was really invested in it. Marvel just wasnt jiving with it, so they got their ghost writer/company man Charles Soule.

Kidding(?) aside, I got no idea, but he worked on it for half a year and had a 64-issue outline and shit, so he was really invested in it. Marvel just wasnt jiving with it, so they got their ghost writer/company man Charles Soule.

Going from Fraction to Soule, argh.

At least it wasn't Cullen Bunn.

I bet you could insert a lot of writers and properties in there and that conversation will come out similarly each time.

I've been wondering this for awhile. I'd really like to see his OG pitch.
Going from Fraction to Soule, argh.

At least it wasn't Cullen Bunn.

Soule's been doing a good job with the Inhumans. I like him on that at the very least.

Sandfox

Holy crap at the new Spidey ongoing; I need that book in my life now.

It isn't as funny now that it looks like Spider-Woman is ending but...

Some of those books are either going to end or be relaunched. You also have to take audience into consideration for various reasons.

All the scuttlebutt on Inhumanity was "Game of Thrones with the Inhumans," which sounded cool enough to me, but I'm not sure if that's what Fraction was delivering or just what Marvel wanted.

tim1138

Whatever it was morphed into ODY-C, so it worked out for the best in the long run.

Messi

I thought you said you weren't really liking it a few months ago, too many Harley books being put out with iffy quality. I haven't read anything since buying the power girl three issue arc in a cmx sale, still have a fairly negative opinion on the book.

I burnt out on it after feeling the need to read it all. Now I only read the main series and take my time. I am still enjoying it. My burnout wasnt from the quality just the quantity. That book knows what it is and plays to it, if that doesn't click then it is understandable.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Guyz.
That Mephisto thing out of Deadpool/Spider-Man that no one of you thought would go into something.

Its happening. It finally happening.

Fuck. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck.

Top Bottom