• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's finally a good book with the heist aspect. I feel the book burned off all the readers with the LOSER HERO shit.

I liked the last issue with the Ocean Eleven references and stuff, but fucking hell it took ages for it to get there

Still in Jail too for reasons I don't care about

mreddie

Dragging out that "why am I in prison" reveal too

The latest issue was good but it took way too long for that book to find its feet

Gonna be funny if Ant-Man NOW bulids up the father hero and heist shit quick in the first 2 issues.

Oh and the Trial of Ant-Man? Does anyone fucking care?

When Spencer did Word Balloon for Steve Rogers #1, he said his Ant-Man story was getting close to the end.

It dragged on way to long and I feel whoever picks up the reigns will speed it up.

I'll be compiling the "Under 20/21K Marvel" list on my way home so we can see what books are in trouble now that we'll know Now! 2.0 in a few days.

That Civil War tie-in saving Ultimates. This is why they keep doing events ya'll

Ultimates at least is a book that should be involved in those types of tie-ins. Most other books it's just so forced and screws up the pacing.

I don't think people that don't read Squirrel girl or Deadpool are suddenly going to pick them up because they're a tie-in.

Ultimates would seem like it'd actually have potential to directly tie into the event.

I just think stuff like Ultimates could get helped by these tie-ins, but the other stuff it has the potential of hurting. When the fans of those other books want more of the same and if a couple issues get thrown off with a crossover and then an event tie-in they could end up with more people jumping off than jumping on because of a tie-in potential.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait what? They announced a new Great Lakes Avengers? lol?

or was BK being cheeky and he means USAvengers? He does doesnt he? Goddamn it BK...

TheFlow

Banned
Not particularly jacked for this, but I'll read it.

Lemire has done good and bad work, so Thanos could fall on either side. It's a 50/50. Didn't like ANH, but I loved Green Arrow and am loving Old Man Logan and Extraordinary X-Men.
True, I just rather see him on a character I wanna read about

I don't know why, but I just remembered this page from X-treme X-Men today:
hfX8e5S.jpg
And this is why Storm is the best. I can't find the page afterwards where Sage holds a knife to Viper's throat and threatens her life, sadly.
wait what? They announced a new Great Lakes Avengers? lol?

or was BK being cheeky and he means USAvengers? He does doesnt he? Goddamn it BK...
They genuinely did. Last week.
True, I just rather see him on a character I wanna read about
But what if you had wanted to read Hawkeye?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Look for Captain Marvel and Black Panther to create an even closer bond in Ultimates2 …"

giphy.gif

ElNarez

Banned
No one's mentioned Travel Foreman is doing art on Ultimates² and: yeah, dope

beaten but also who the fuck cares this art team is godlike

There's exposure, and then there is absolute over exposure to the point of brand dilution. I get that we have a film coming out or whatever, but after Infinity he really needed a long ass break. Come up with some new ultimate jobber for our Heroes to fight.

bruh...

while i do agree with the general sentiment, infinity happened three years ago.

you old, brev

Rhaknar

who is this Travel Foreman person? *googles*

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO o_O

is this a fucked up creepy looking Magik? I dont want to link it because it might not be safe (I mean its slightly more risque than what she actually wears in Marvel comics but still)

TheFlow

Banned
I don't know why, but I just remembered this page from X-treme X-Men today:

And this is why Storm is the best. I can't find the page afterwards where Sage holds a knife to Viper's throat and threatens her life, sadly.

They genuinely did. Last week.

But what if you had wanted to read Hawkeye?
Aye that 50/50

Top Bottom