• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Sandfox

It looks like Jubilee will be in Hellcat #11 and Avengers 1.1 is seemingly a Kooky Quartet flashback story.

TA #15 is going to be an Asian team up story featuring various Marvel heroes like Ms Marvel and Silk going by the cover. That's really cool to see.

mreddie

WHERE'S ANTMAN?
WHERE'S CARNAGE?
WHERE'S WOLVERINE?
WHERE'S MOCKINGBIRD?

cjs7wnT.gif

Updated.

Messi

It looks like Jubilee will be in Hellcat #11 and Avengers 1.1 is seemingly a Kooky Quartet flashback story.

TA #15 is going to be an Asian team up story featuring various Marvel heroes like Ms Marvel and Silk going by the cover. That's really cool to see.

OMG Yes! Brittney Williams draws an adorable jubilee

Sandfox

I just saw Mockingbird is gone, INJUSTCIA

Issue #3 turned me off on the book. That was a really messed up story.

I'm trying two of them because they actually have attached very promising teams to those books

Same thing with Prowler. I'm always willing to give a character another chance, as long as it's not a Lantern or Solo
I would try Prowler if Sean Ryan wasn't writing it. His Nova was poor.

Am I blind or is A-Force gone? Can Thompson only handle one book at a time so she's just on Hawkeye?

Also writes Jem & The Holograms for IDW, and writes novels as well.

He aint on the cover, but I mean who else could it warrant this teaser

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Love that cover homage. I think it's time I started reading this.

"Come at the king, you best not miss"

That's the good stuff.

Aceun

So Riri is definitely going to the Champions, right?

Overall I'm good with this. Half my books remain in tact. The other half are replaced with mostly new number 1s.

Excited to try some brand new stuff like JJ, Prowler, Wasp and the Sorcerers Supreme.

Sandfox

I forgot to mention this before but Bendis stated during an interview that
the Guardians will be staying on Earth
after Civil War 2 and that seems to be standing true in both Venom and Star Lord.

I'm going to sleep now because it's late in Sweden. If someone could do an avatar of Rider's helmet when the HD artwork is released and send it to me I'd be really grateful and happy. Maybe I can get away from being confused for Messi :p

I'm going to sleep now because it's late in Sweden. If someone could do an avatar of Rider's helmet when the HD artwork is released and send it to me I'd be really grateful and happy. Maybe I can get away from being confused for Messi :p

I call shenanigans on "grateful" or "happy" lmao

;D

Sandfox

Domino is joining the Mercs for Money alongside others like Negasonic Teenage Warhead in her movie appearance and Machine Man replacing the now departed members.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Domino is joining the Mercs for Money alongside others like Negasonic Teenage Warhead in her movie appearance and Machine Man replacing the now departed members.

holy shit what? this Machine Man?

Nextwave-1.jpg

all them fleshy humans to kill <3

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I guess Alonso was full of it when he finally deigned to mention LGBT representation recently. Sigh.

I think the jury is still out on that. We don't know all the team lineups yet and there are several new characters who we don't know the status of yet.

Yeah, we still don't know the line up for Occupy Avengers.

Maybe that's the All-New, Almost All-LGBT name for the old Young Avengers

Sandfox

The biggest thing about Marvel Now is that it's looking like Rider fans can finally calm down lol.

Overall I'm picking up a good number of new and retooled books.

Yeah, we still don't know the line up for Occupy Avengers.

Maybe that's the All-New, Almost All-LGBT name for the old Young Avengers

I think you look at the new characters in the lineups and new character solos we already know and at least one but maybe even two or three will be revealed to be LGBT during Divided We Stand.

Also, perhaps I'm being too optimistic, but I really believe Marvel has to know how bad they fucked up when they retconned Hercules' sexuality and I expect him to come out as bi again as well. I don't think he would be in their main Avengers lineup if they aren't planning to do that.

Finally if Billy and Teddy don't turn up on one of these teams Marvel fucked up again so hopefully they're on Occupy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think you look at the new characters in the lineups and new character solos we already know and at least one but maybe even two or three will be revealed to be LGBT during Divided We Stand.

Also, perhaps I'm being too optimistic, but I really believe Marvel has to know how bad they fucked up when they retconned Hercules' sexuality and I expect him to come out as bi again as well. I don't think he would be in their main Avengers lineup if they aren't planning to do that.

Finally if Billy and Teddy don't turn up on one of these teams Marvel fucked up

well Wiccan and Hulkling arent on USAvengers so maybe they show up somewhere?

They don't deserve any benefit of the doubt with things like Hercules, Angela, burying the gay Giant-Man, and near-total failure to mention LGBT characters in the context of broader diversity at Marvel.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Finally if Billy and Teddy don't turn up on one of these teams Marvel fucked up again so hopefully they're on Occupy.

There's only three gay couples I can think of in all of Marvel.

Billy and Teddy
Northstar and his husband
New Giant Man and his boyfriend/husband

That's sad. If you are going to bring up representation at all, you've got to have the only one where I can name both people in the couple front and center in something.

There's only three gay couples I can think of in all of Marvel.

Billy and Teddy
Northstar and his husband
New Giant Man and his boyfriend/husband

That's sad. If you are going to bring up representation at all, you've got to have the only one where I can name both people in the couple front and center in something.

Well we're reading leaks not announcements right? We weren't supposed to get all this in one big incomplete info dump.

It is sad though and the reason I think two or three of the new characters will be LGBT is to add at least one new relationship to that meager list.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Well we're reading leaks not announcements right? We weren't supposed to get all this in one big incomplete info dump.

It is sad though and the reason I think two or three of the new characters will be LGBT is to add at least one new relationship to that meager list.

True. But looking at my list I realize that I can't name a single stable lesbian relationship in the entire line. America was dating that paramedic for a bit, but I don't think that's still happening. I can't actually think of another lesbian outside of Mystique, and I feel like if they were trying harder with her they could make her genderfluid. There's really no better candidate.

Sandfox

We're probably going to hear some book plans at Comic Con, but we'll see what comes from that.

Now, a move I would really respect and admire but that I don't expect for them to actually do is take a young character that has already built an audience and has identified as straight come out as LGBT. I didn't identify as bi myself until I was 17...it happens. But I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Top Bottom