• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Hopefully DC Rebirth does so well it forces Marvel to drop their prices so I can actually try some of these new titles.

Yeah I know it's not gonna happen. $6 #1s and $5 singles for everyone!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hopefully DC Rebirth does so well it forces Marvel to drop their prices so I can actually try some of these new titles.

All they've done is make Marvel Unlimited 10x better

Sandfox

I'm not sure how this all breaks down financially, but I doubt that happens.

Messi

Now, a move I would really respect and admire but that I don't expect for them to actually do is take a a young character that has already built an audience and has identified as straight come out as LGBT. I didn't identify as bi myself until I was 17...it happens. But I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Didn't they do this with Iceman? Or you mean come out of his own will?

--

RIP Singularity :(

I'm not sure how this all breaks down financially, but I doubt that happens.

I don't think even Marvel can justify that, as much as they'd like to. $5 is where it becomes much more reasonable to trade-wait everything than read monthly. And if people aren't reading monthly, Marvel ain't making dat cash.

mreddie

I'm shocked there's not one LGBT book but then again, Marvel ignored Angela being lesbian and Sera trans despite it GETTING A GLAAD SEAL OF APPROVAL!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not really. I found it rather boring

Noooooooope.

It's an insult to what came before

D:

how?!

let me explain this in terms you will understand ratsky

All New Hawkeye is to Fraction's Hawkeye as The Strain is to House of Cards

sure they both star Corey Stoll, but one is absolute trash, and the other is amazing

V7QHeQ2.gif

It's basically terrible and might even make you retroactively dislike what came before.

After reading Immortal, definitely check out the new Power Man and Iron Fist run. It's phenomenal, and it has a lot of the light-hearted humor and everyday situations that you like about Hawkguy.

Good lord. :/

Link?

Sandfox

I don't think even Marvel can justify that, as much as they'd like to. $5 is where it becomes much more reasonable to trade-wait everything than read monthly. And if people aren't reading monthly, Marvel ain't making dat cash.

I was talking about $3 issues lol. Marvel isn't going to raise their prices to $5 for normal issues.

Some may balk immediately at this choice but I would love to see Kamala Khan turn out to be LGBT. Coming out as gay in a conservative Muslim family is a decision that creates incredibly complicated and difficult situations and it is a real experience for some people. I think it has the potential to be dramatically interesting...brave, risky storytelling.

But Marvel won't risk the golden goose, so that won't happen.

I think I'm in for U.S.Avengers. It looks like a fun book. That Iron Patriot suit is huge, though. It helps that there's an anime girl wearing it, though.

Neoxon

We know it's true and he stole that info lol.
YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad Marvel is doing this. Not only will us Richie fans be hyped, but one of the main sources behind Sam's hate will be gone. Now he can succeed or fail based on his own merits.

That said, is Death of X gonna be the only X-Men title for Marvel NOW, or will there be more later on?

Sandfox

YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad Marvel is doing this. Not only will us Richie fans be hyped, but one of the main sources behind Sam's hate will be gone. Now he can succeed or fail based on his own merits.

That said, is Death of X gonna be the only X-Men title for Marvel NOW, or will there be more later on?
I'm expecting them to just keep the current titles until Death of X ends and then we might see some changes for the X and Inhuman books.

Neoxon

I'm expecting them to just keep the current titles until Death of X ends and then we might see some changes for the X and Inhuman books.
I mean, isn't most of Death of X supposed to cover what the hell Cyclops did? I'm sure there will be some present-day stuff, but the Cyclops stuff seems to be the main attraction for the story.

I mean, isn't most of Death of X supposed to cover what the hell Cyclops did? I'm sure there will be some present-day stuff, but the Cyclops stuff seems to be the main attraction for the story.

That's what we were told but now I'm not so sure. I think this is the full menu. We have a checklist and there's no reason not to have the X-books listed if you're going to have Death of X on there.

But, I expect them to do a separate refresh after Death of X, alternatively it's possible the current books are just being swapped out with minis during Death of X and that's why they aren't on there.

Neoxon

Based on how many people have been begging for this to happen, I expect this book will sell 500k and be the number 1 seller every month.
That's a bit of an overstatement, but I still think this is a good call.
Part of the reason why Kamala Khan worked is because she wasn't an outright replacement for Carol, & she was a great character in of herself. Sam was okay, but the fact that he replaced Richard Rider kinda resulted in him obtaining the hate he's been seeing up until now. But with Richard Rider back, it'll take away much of the hate Sam's been seeing, which may work to his benefit going forward. It's a win-win situation for both Novas (so long as Richie's ongoing gets a good writer).

Neoxon

That's what we were told but now I'm not so sure. I think this is the full menu. We have a checklist and there's no reason not to have the X-books listed if you're going to have Death of X on there.

But, I expect them to do a separate refresh after Death of X, alternatively it's possible the current books are just being swapped out with minis during Death of X and that's why they aren't on there.
That would make the most sense. Death of X could easily be a great way to do another wave of refreshes for the X-books a month or two after the first wave of #1s.

I'm 33, so I'm in the ideal age range for having a nostalgia boner for Richard Rider, but before Annihilation, he wasn't shit. I like Sam.
Then you should be happy about Richie's return. Thanks to this, Sam won't be as hated by the community. As stated earlier, it's a win-win situation for both Novas.

Sandfox

ASM isn't on there but it's confirmed to be continuing with Slott and Gage co-writing, probably because the upcoming because the upcoming issues are tying into Clone Conspiracy. We'll see what happens with Death of X.

Saw a couple of spoilery covers

Uncanny Avengers
looks like the great Steve Rogers heel turn is incoming

Venom
Oh no! Not back to this look! Please still be Flash ; ;

Prowler
Welp. RIP Hobie.

Neoxon

ASM isn't on there but it's confirmed to be continuing with Slott and Gage co-writing, probably because the upcoming because the upcoming issues are tying into Clone Conspiracy. We'll see what happens with Death of X.
There was a listing for Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, so that may have something to do with it. Perhaps it may be their big way of getting Pete & MJ back together.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What If? Infinity - Inhumans: lol at Blackbolt's secret weapon against Thanos being fucking
Dazzler
. Thats actually pretty smart >_>

Hail Hydra #4 - Series ends as it began, with Nomad not really acomplishing anything and just going back to the 616 via the Infinite elevator like we knew we would from the Sam Cap book. The fact that im long past caring about Secret Wars doesnt help either.

Time to read Secret Wars #9 I guess, be disapointed at the ending and just put it behind me since im fully into ANAD at this point on MU anyway (which im way behind as it is, most issues are on 3-5 and I barely read 2 of each, most only 1)

Saw a couple of spoilery covers

Uncanny Avengers
looks like the great Steve Rogers heel turn is incoming

Venom
Oh no! Not back to this look! Please still be Flash ; ;

Prowler
Welp. RIP Hobie.

can people like at least link to where they are seeing this and not just mention it so those of us that dont care about spoilers can see?

Keep in mind that ANAD leaks were based on that ANAD Marvel Previews issue, and even that book didn't have the full line.

Top Bottom