• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I may be getting a puppy, a good friend of mine wants to hook me up since learning I lost one of mine last month as you guys know.

If I do go forward with it, you peeps need to help me out with a name.

My 2 year old is called Ollie. Yes, as in Queen. What can I say, I was big into Arrow back then, and it sounded good for a puppy.

If it was a female I would name her Laura, but I dont want females with males anymore (went through that for years and its a hassle).

Something comic related but that still sounds like a easy to say dog name (so no Cyclops or Wolverine or Batman). What say you?

Lucky

3167296-hawkeye+011-002.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

mreddie

So I may be getting a puppy, a good friend of mine wants to hook me up since learning I lost one of mine last month as you guys know.

My 2 year old is called Ollie. Yes, as in Queen. What can I say, I was big into Arrow back then, and it sounded good for a puppy.

If it was a female I would name her Laura, but I dont want females with males anymore (went through that for years and its a hassle).

Something comic related but that still sounds like a easy to say dog name (so no Cyclops or Wolverine or Batman). What say you?

Mei

Sandfox

I've seen speculation that the "I quit" teasers from Marvel are leading up to a team book featuring all of those characters. We'll see Tuesday.

Clearly you need to name it Diggle.

Calcium

Banned

Name the dog Lying Cat. You're welcome.

Option 1: Goldballs.

Option 2: Barda

tumblr_mk9523DSoi1rgyfvfo3_500.gif

Actually I retract option 2 Barda and Shayera are the names I wanna give to my future pets lol.

New option 2: Orion.

TheFlow

Banned
I've seen speculation that the "I quit" teasers from Marvel are leading up to a team book featuring all of those characters. We'll see Tuesday.

Clearly you need to name it Diggle.

are you telling me we could get a young cyclops and miles morales book? shiiiiiit

Also Diggle if the puppy is a boy.

Rhaknar

You have Flash right there, could go Barry. Or Wally. Even if they both end in "eee" sounds.

Norin? Doesnt roll off the tongue.

Rider? Im just going cosmic now >_>

Edit: Diggle would be kinda perfect...not sure how it sounds in portuguse tho, I would need to practice it. Damn it now i want Diggle. Front runner for sure.

shingi70

Banned

Titus

I had a dream last night that KoeiTecmo released a Justice League Warriors game featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern (Jon Stewart), Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Cyborg, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Vixen, Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi), Dr. Fate, Zatanna, Atom, Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Red Tornado and Shazam. I.E. my dream roster.

I honestly got my life from pretend playing that game. And now I'm sad that it's not real. It even had an Anarchy Reigns esque versus mode with battle royales and everything.
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png
jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

Why can't we have nice things?

Could Green Lantern make a construct of Superman or any other superhero?

Yes and no. It'd be shaped like them, and it might even act like them, and do similar things, but it'd most likely not be able to match them. The ring's constructs are shaped by the mind and powered by the will; if there's a complex method (Cyborg) or massive power source (Flash, Superman), the Lantern probably won't have the wherewithal to replicate the abilities. That said, in terms of lower-tier powerhouses lacking in special skills or secondary abilities, they might be able to make it work.

Of course, the ring oftentimes relies on plot convenience more than anything else, so who the fuck knows. Comics!

Comics!

Aquaman #2
Batman #2
Green Arrow #2
Justice League Rebirth #1
Paper Girls #7
Superman #2

And a ton of Marvel stuff I'll read in six months.

I had a dream last night that KoeiTecmo released a Justice League Warriors game featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern (Jon Stewart), Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Cyborg, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Vixen, Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi), Dr. Fate, Zatanna, Atom, Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Red Tornado and Shazam. I.E. my dream roster.

That will never happen. I'm happy we're getting Berserk musou. Even if the new anime is trash.

oh yeah. It's that time, isn't it.

Batman #2
Flintstones #1
Future Quest #2
Green Arrow #2
Revival #41
Switch #4
Tokyo Ghost #8
Walking Dead #156
Empress #4
Moon Knight #4
Silver Surfer #5
Spider-Woman #9
Giant Days #16

Heavy week. And I need to buy a new cell phone, too. I don't want to, but my old one is starting to go.

That will never happen. I'm happy we're getting Berserk musou. Even if the new anime is trash.
Not interested in the Berserk game, especially after watching the teaser and finding out what the pre-order costume was.

Now a Toukiden/MH-like Claymore game would be right up my alley.

88c232c5c09466bb28c0d3c9d4fbfaaf.gif

Shit yeah it's list time

Kim & Kim 1

Bounty 1

Aquaman 2
Batman 2
Green Arrow 2
Justice League Rebirth
Superman 2
Unfollow 9

Black Science 22
The Fix 4
Paper Girls 7
Tokyo Ghost 8
Walking Dead 156

Amazing Spider-Man 15
Captain America: Sam Wilson 11
Civil War II: Kingpin 1
Civil War II: X-Men 2
Invincible Iron Man 11
Moon Knight 4
Silver Surfer 5
Spider-Man 2099 12
Spider-Woman 9
Vote Loki 2 (I liked it well enough)

Invader Zim 11

Holy shit what a week O.O

McBryBry

Looks like for me its just Amazing Spider-Man 15. I only have 1-3 so I'll probably pick up a few more. Is there no Flash this week?

Also, in my Marvel conquest (Marvel NOW! all the way to continuity) I just finished Avengers Arena. I wasn't expecting much going in but I actually really enjoyed it. It did a good job of making me care about some characters I had never seen before. Overall just a neat story (even if its a ripoff) and I liked how it wasn't just all murderfest. A lot of it was more trying to escape than becoming a murderfest. I'm excited to jump into Undercover now.

Edit: Now at 140 issues read so far after Arena. Think ill use gaf as a way to help keep track!

Rhaknar

So Doom is in that Marvel Now splash thing, I take it he's still around in the iron man book? What's he been up to if so?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
List!

BLACK SCIENCE #22
FIX #4
NAILBITER #23
PAPER GIRLS #7
REVIVAL #41
SPREAD #14
SWITCH #4
TOKYO GHOST #8
WALKING DEAD #156

9 whole books this week. That has to be some kind of record right?

PsychBat!

Banned
Apparently he got heated with a female fan on twitter about Captain America and she deleted her account. Dan Slott is trying to defend him.

This whole Cap Hydra story from a PR angle has been a disaster.

What a good place to be. Don't believe it, 'cause they speak a different language and it's never really happened to me.

Apparently he got heated with a female fan on twitter about Captain America and she deleted her account. Dan Slott is trying to defend him.

This whole Cap Hydra story from a PR angle has been a disaster.
I don't fucking get why this is such a huge thing. Just like when Thor became a woman and Captain America became a black man. THE WORLD SURVIVED. IT WILL SURELY KEEP SPINNING AFTER THIS.

She's been doing some sciencing and Doom's been hanging out since he has nothing better to do and also has no friends.

Ha, I figured that was the case. Is it really a reason to avoid the game, though? You could just not use it.
I haven't read Berserk to begin with, so my interest in this game is only for any improvements Omega Force may have made to the Warriors formula.

However I do know about
Casca's rape
, and I'm worried about the development team's approach to the scene/subject matter if even the teaser and preorder bonus are glorified in such a way.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Finished Ex Machina, that was pretty good, not Y, Saga or Paper Girls good but stills pretty good. Really enjoyed the ending.

Reading more Black Panther, Everett K. Ross is such an interesting story telling device. Provides a fish-out-of-water look into the universe, just like how Doctor Who companion type characters are used in sci-fi. He is an in universe narrator, thereby bypassing the need for inner monologues and what feels like author info dump. And because of how goofy the character is, he can also put in some squirrel-girl-page-footer type quips about the universe without it breaking the flow.

Mafro

After the first Arc in Hickman Avengers, I think New Avengers is the far superior book.
I wasn't really a fan of the single character-focused issues after the first arc of Avengers, I thought it really affected the good flow it had going on. It hits a bit of a bump after the excellent Infinity tie-ins too but from the Original Sin tie-ins onwards to the end of the run it's fantastic.

I definitely prefer New Avengers, thought it was far more consistent apart from one arc that was stretched out a little too long.

I wasn't really a fan of the single character-focused issues after the first arc of Avengers, I thought it really affected the good flow it had going on. It hits a bit of a bump after the excellent Infinity tie-ins too but from the Original Sin tie-ins onwards to the end of the run it's fantastic.

I definitely prefer New Avengers, thought it was far more consistent apart from one arc that was stretched out a little too long.
I loved the character focused issues because I had no idea who most of those characters were, and these issues made me become really invested in them.

I didn't the second arc as much though.

Agreed on Infinity and New Avengers. Fucking loved both.

---

Reading Grant Morrison's JLA. I like it, but I don't love it. I'm up to the World War III arc now.

Daredevil by Mark Waid

This was a pretty fantastic and refreshing run on the character. I liked the volume which focused on San Francisco more as it felt better paced. All in all, a fantastic read.

...and the new run by Charles Soule already pisses me off with the identity-reversion and being back in New York with not a mention of his girlfriend. And awful art too.

Top Bottom