• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Reading Hickmanns Avengers Run is super annoying. You have to skip books all the time and the issues arent even numbered, I have now a piece of paper where I write a the issue i have left the last time.

squadr0n

Theres a Avengers Time Runs Out OHC coming out 7/6 that collects Avengers 35-44 and New Avengers 24-33

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN160924

Are there any other OHCs that come before this one? This is the first one ive seen that collects both series in one book so far and I would like to get the first 2 if they are available. Id rather not got the individual trades.

Are there any other OHCs that come before this one? This is the first one ive seen that collects both series in one book so far and I would like to get the first 2 if they are available. Id rather not got the individual trades.

That contains what was in the four individual TRO volumes. Which is what directly leads up to Infinity. Whatever came before that was just the standard Avengers and New Avengers Marvel NOW series.

squadr0n

That contains what was in the four individual TRO volumes. Which is what directly leads up to Infinity. Whatever came before that was just the standard Avengers and New Avengers Marvel NOW series.

What is up with the numbering? The Infinity Hardcover says it includes: COLLECTING: Infinity 1-6, New Avengers 7-12, Avengers 14-23, Infinity: Against the Tide Infinite Comic 1-2

Did Avengers and New Avengers numbering change mid run?

Theres a Avengers Time Runs Out OHC coming out 7/6 that collects Avengers 35-44 and New Avengers 24-33

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN160924

Are you sure this is oversized? Avengers v6 ends at #34 and New Avengers v4 ends at #23. So this looks like everything from there to Secret Wars.

Marvel needs to release these as omnibuses with the correct reading order like the did with Hickman's FF.

Reading Messiah Complex and I'm confused: why were Gambit and AoA Sunfire on the Marauders? They're supposed to be good people, but they're working for Sinister?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are you sure this is oversized? Avengers v6 ends at #34 and New Avengers v4 ends at #23. So this looks like everything from there to Secret Wars.

Marvel needs to release these as omnibuses with the correct reading order like the did with Hickman's FF.
It is. Was noted as Oversized in their catalouge.

Did Avengers and New Avengers numbering change mid run?

Yeah, that had to be it. I think that was when they switched from Marvel NOW to All-New Marvel.

Reading Messiah Complex and I'm confused: why were Gambit and AoA Sunfire on the Marauders? They're supposed to be good people, but they're working for Sinister?

That was a weird story in hindsight. That was the story where everyone was obsessed with saving the mutant race, yeah?

Only just noticed they're releasing a hardcover collecting the Lando, Leia and Chewbacca mini-series'. Wasn't a big fan of Leia's but it would be quite nice to have the set in one book.

61ffv1j8kOL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Vic_Viper

Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers kept the same numbering up until it ended actually

That's what I thought too but from the way the Infinity Hardcover is numbered it makes Time Runs Out sound like it takes place after Infinity leading up to Secret Wars.

They just need to do an Omnibus for this run or even 2 separate omnis with the correct reading order.

Would also like a Snyder Batman Omnibus but it seems like that won't happen till atleast next year.

That's what I thought too but from the way the Infinity Hardcover is numbered it makes Time Runs Out sound like it takes place after Infinity leading up to Secret Wars.

It does.

Infinity hardcover collects Avengers 14-23 and New Avengers 7-12

The Time Runs Out hardcovers are the end of the run, collecting Avengers 35-44 and New Avengers 24-33. Time Runs Out is the last thing that happens before Secret Wars.

Gambit and Sunfire were turned into two of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse during the ending parts of Milligan's X-Men run. They were turned back to "normal" with the help of Mr. Sinister. Not sure about Sunfire, but Gambit's true reasons for working with the Marauders is actually a reveal later on.

Vic_Viper

It does.

Infinity hardcover collects Avengers 14-23 and New Avengers 7-12

The Time Runs Out hardcovers are the end of the run, collecting Avengers 35-44 and New Avengers 24-33. Time Runs Out is the last thing that happens before Secret Wars.

Ok I thought so. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have a confession to make. My entire Marvel knowledge before I started the reading order was completely based on the following

- 90s Cartoons
- Marvel Cinematic Universe

It's true. I'm glad I started to read the comics though!

Why must Ramos draw all of the New X-Men with massive ass gauntlets and boots? Yeezus

That was the story where everyone was obsessed with saving the mutant race, yeah?
A new mutant baby was born after M-Day, so basically everyone was trying to kill everyone because the Purifiers are a bunch of assholes. Also time travel
Gambit and Sunfire were turned into two of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse during the ending parts of Milligan's X-Men run. They were turned back to "normal" with the help of Mr. Sinister. Not sure about Sunfire, but Gambit's true reasons for working with the Marauders is actually a reveal later on.
Gracias
I have a confession to make. My entire Marvel knowledge before I started the reading order was completely based on the following

- 90s Cartoons
- Marvel Cinematic Universe

It's true. I'm glad I started to read the comics though!
I have a confession to make: I like that you like comics

Messiah Complex is pretty good so far. Just fucking everything is fucked up. Purifiers, Reavers, Predator X, Cable, ONE, three teams of X-Men

Yeah, it's one of the better X-Men events in recent memory. I read it years ago. It also leads into Messiah War and then Second Coming.

Of the three, I thought Messiah War was the weakest.

Yeah, it's one of the better X-Men events in recent memory. I read it years ago. It also leads into Messiah War and then Second Coming.

Of the three, I thought Messiah War was the weakest.
I'm reading them to compliment Kyle and Yost's X-Force run. Messiah Complex > X-Force Complete Collection Vol. 1 > Messiah War > X-Force Complete Collection Vol. 2 > Second Coming.

After this all I need is Second Coming. Messiah War was good but it was so damn bleak and depressing
Second Coming was the one were FUCKING SPOILERS HOLY SHIT, right?
WOOOOOOOOOOW

It's an ancient story and I wouldn't have commented if there wasn't someone in the thread specifically reading an event that came before it.

It's an ancient story and I wouldn't have commented if there wasn't someone in the thread specifically reading an event that came before it.

Wasnt aware of this, would have done this when I would have read all posts.
Haha it's fine. I don't care. Spoilers don't bother me, especially in comics. I'll avoid them if I feel I really want to or need to
He put a spoiler tag on it. Maybe you should do that on your quote too...
I think I covered it pretty well

Mafro

Messiah Complex is pretty good so far. Just fucking everything is fucked up. Purifiers, Reavers, Predator X, Cable, ONE, three teams of X-Men
I loved Messiah Complex/Messiah War/Second Coming. I think that was the last time I genuinely enjoyed all the X-books. It gets a lot of flack, but Kyle & Yost's X-Force run was by favourite of the lot.

I loved Messiah Complex/Messiah War/Second Coming. I think that was the last time I genuinely enjoyed all the X-books. It gets a lot of flack, but Kyle & Yost's X-Force run was by favourite of the lot.
It's all been really good to me so far, which is great. Good to have a good X-book to wash out the taste that was Daniel Way's Astonishing X-Men run

TheFlow

Banned
Reading uncanny x-men definitely got me inspired to read all the x men books up to now.

Cyclops is such a complex character in the book. the movies real did jobb him

Top Bottom