• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Zombine

Banned
The Soule run is non canon in my head

You're being held in prison and death isn't an option. The prison guard forces you to pick one book as canon and the definitive run of the character:

Soule on Daredevil
Lemire on Hawkeye

You have to pick one.

Go.

Sou Da

Every page from that ongoing is an eyesore.

I haven't read that book yet...
4wzknh.jpg

Far from awful.
Art, if it apparently wasn't clear.

You're being held in prison and death isn't an option. The prison guard forces you to pick one book as canon and the definitive run of the character:

Soule on Daredevil
Lemire on Hawkeye

You have to pick one.

Go.

K I S S M Y B L A C K A S S W A R D E N

Zombine

Banned
You're overblowing it, it's got some nice colors. It isn't an 'awful' page by any means.

This ain't Deodato.

By lines I mean dialogue. It's fuckin horrible. No real issue with the art other than the fact that the new costume and Casey Jones and Gambit's love child look 90s as fuck.

The art in Souledevil is fine

I just did not like the writing from the first issue. Just felt like a huge step back after all of the character development from Waid's run. I've heard it's improved but it's hard to get excited for it after so many great runs the character has had from the start.

Zombine

Banned
Just read Captain America #2

Yeah. I don't know. It's...it's Millar without being Millar. There's a ton of "edgy" moments in the issue that I couldn't really get over. This whole arc so far is kind of tacky...

Sou Da

Yeah. I don't know. It's...it's Millar without being Millar. There's a ton of "edgy" moments in the issue that I couldn't really get over. This whole arc so far is kind of tacky...
Really? I didn't find it edgy at all, Spencer writes an entertaining Red Skull.

I laughed pretty hard at the "Which is why you have to aim lower" exchange.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Don't tell Nick Spencer that or he'll abuse you on Twitter

Although, I personally enjoyed it

Zombine

Banned
lol I just go to the issue of X-men with Arcade. What ever happened to him?

background.jpg

Amazing comic run. Read this.

Don't tell Nick Spencer that or he'll abuse you on Twitter

I mean, I'm looking deep into my soul for ways to not call it shit. But it's pretty fucking shit. It's cheap and tacky and just overall in really poor taste.

Art is good enough, but this is just a bad idea in general. What was Marvel thinking...

Floods your TL more than Gail Simone? That woman lives on Twitter.

I followed her on Tumblr for a bit, had to unfollow her there.

I didn't follow her on Twitter since AFAIK that doesn't have a post limit like Tumblr used to have. I can only imagine how much she posts on Twitter.

I followed her on Tumblr for a bit, had to unfollow her there.

I didn't follow her on Twitter since AFAIK that doesn't have a post limit like Tumblr used to have. I can only imagine how much she posts on Twitter.
It's nonstop. I seriously don't know how she gets anything done. I just went back and looked at her recent timeline and there's like no gap. It's 3-10 tweets/retweets/replies per hour.

So I may be getting a puppy, a good friend of mine wants to hook me up since learning I lost one of mine last month as you guys know.

If I do go forward with it, you peeps need to help me out with a name.

My 2 year old is called Ollie. Yes, as in Queen. What can I say, I was big into Arrow back then, and it sounded good for a puppy.

If it was a female I would name her Laura, but I dont want females with males anymore (went through that for years and its a hassle).

Something comic related but that still sounds like a easy to say dog name (so no Cyclops or Wolverine or Batman). What say you?

Squirrel.

Sou Da

background.jpg

Amazing comic run. Read this.

I mean, I'm looking deep into my soul for ways to not call it shit. But it's pretty fucking shit. It's cheap and tacky and just overall in really poor taste.

Art is good enough, but this is just a bad idea in general. What was Marvel thinking...
You're recommending Arena and calling THIS tacky? Lol.

any time you wanna read about Daredevil fighting the Hand, dealing with Elektra, getting into it with Punisher, etc just know Frank Miller already invented/perfected it 30+ years ago.

I haven't read the Soule Daredevil yet. Honestly not sure if I'm going to.

It all feels very typical and uninspired so far, not to mention the seemingly easy out on the status-quo reversion.

I have one issue left so far to read but I'm thoroughly bored. It's not "bad" so much as it is basic and standard.

VanWinkle

GL by Geoff Johns is so good. Man. The only mild complaint I have is that the little chants of all the different lantern corps is kind of silly. But it's fine. I love everything else.

TissueBox

Yeah, it's legit. Just get ready for those feels.

Yep just finished it and nearly slipped on an envelope trying to get to a tissuebox. *blinks*

Anyways, great read, officially turned a new fan, and am looking forward to the movie in the hopes Columbus delivers on this orgasmic eruption of heart-wrenching rocket fueled rat-a-tat-tat as translated on-screen in live action. Time will tell...

Owzers

I'm gone for two days and no one notices or talks about Ovewratch. I am leaving this community for good and joining Messi in Funko Town. It's been fun guys.

also all these NBA free agency stuff i've missed, Dwight to the Hawks? Hahahahhaha have fun with that.

Top Bottom