• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

tim1138

Seeley is fine, Tim is probably bummed out since he enjoys Humphries on GL

Yep. Seeley is a good writer, but Humphries brings a lot of heart to Green Lanterns, especially writing about Jessica's struggles with anxiety. Nothing I've seen from Seeley makes me think he will replicate that.

Messi

Hal is a dick:

Also, Fabok is selling art. Fairly expensive but I wonder if Messi might be interested in the unused Harley cover...

Oh fuck oh fuck.

Those are some prices, alright.

ymgqkzX.gif

That's what covers of that level sell for.

I'm a marvel guy. For decades. Went to Midtown Comics for the first time in over a year, I don't read that much anymore...

I could not find ONE marvel book that interested me enough to buy. The creative teams did nothing for me. Both blue and gold looked straight up bad. I'm not really interested in Deadpool or Old Man Logan stuff. The Cho Hulk book looks good actually. So there is one!

I ended up buying the second volume of Dr. Strange, as Bachalo is my favorite.

I also bought the first five books of the Snyder Capullo Batman run. HOLY SHIT. Fucking fantastic work.

I also bought the first volume of Mage, after liking Trinity a few years back and hearing Kevin Smith reference it for years. I read the first three issues and its not doing much for me, does it get better? Strangely though, I see why Smith would love it, it has a very "early smith movie" feel to it.
X-Men Blue, All-New Wolverine, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Infamous Iron Man, Mighty Thor, and Uncanny Avengers are all pretty good.

I'd pitch Old Man Logan, but you already said you weren't interested.

Seeley did good on Nightwing.
His run is masterclass. His dialogue can, however, be stilted and unnatural at times.

#DickGraysonIsTheGreatest

Sandfox

Newsarama just posted this about the Perlmutter thing:

Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter has a new title at Marvel Entertainment, LLC. Formerly the company's Chief Executive Officer, he's now the Chairman of the Walt Disney-owned subsidiary.

The title change occurred earlier this year, though there's no seeming change to Perlmutter's duties. According to a source familiar with the change, it comes as a delayed result of Disney's acquisition of Marvel in 2009. Because Disney's Bob Iger is the only executive within the company to carry the title CEO, the top executives of other Disney subsidiaries carry different titles like CCO (PIXAR's John Lassetter), and now Chairman (Perlmutter).

Perlmutter joined Marvel in April 1993 as part of the then-independently-owned company's Board of Directors. In 2001, Perlmutter became Vice Chairman of the Board and then in January 2005 became the company's CEO. Perlmutter kept the Marvel CEO title after the company's acquisition by the Walt Disney Company until this year.
https://www.newsarama.com/35436-marvel-s-ike-perlmutter-transitions-from-ceo-to-new-position.html

X-Men Blue, All-New Wolverine, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Infamous Iron Man, Mighty Thor, and Uncanny Avengers are all pretty good.

I'd pitch Old Man Logan, but you already said you weren't interested.

His run is masterclass. His dialogue can, however, be stilted and unnatural at times.

#DickGraysonIsTheGreatest

Black Bolt, Iron Fist, Gwenpool, Renew Your Vows, Thanos, and Daredevil to name a few more.

I decided to quit it with the CMX sale... because I know there'll be another sale this week that will let me grab even more stuff on my wishlist.

Wanderer5

Meh at Dark Horse, but I might look into ROM from IDW. Going to wait out on that a bit to see if a DC sale comes around this week, which I guessing something should come up for Comic Con?

Meh at Dark Horse, but I might look into ROM from IDW. Going to wait out on that a bit to see if a DC sale comes around this week, which I guessing something should come up for Comic Con?

ROM is a really solid book. It escapes that middling territory that dooms a lot of media tie-in books (or almost everything from Dynamite and Zenescope). :3

Sandfox

So it's a title change and it will carry no effect on Marvel's direction, did I get that right?

Basically Disney doesn't want anyone but Iger to have the title CEO. Dude is 74 and will probably be stepping down relatively soon, but I'm expecting the replacement to be someone he groomed and exactly like him.

Sandfox

So the big Archie reveal is tomorrow and my final guess is
Betty ends up crippled with Reggie becoming ostracized and in trouble with the law over the accident. The latter is obvious based on solicitations. It is possible that they decide to kill Betty though.

VanWinkle

Dark Horse sale. You mean Dark Horse sale. I bought it too, even though I already own the luxurious deluxe editions. But I want to reread it without having to lift those unwieldy things.

Oh yeah, whoops. Was going to buy some TMNT stuff from the IDW sale, but I am holding off for the DC sale so as to save some money.

Wanderer5

ROM is a really solid book. It escapes that middling territory that dooms a lot of media tie-in books (or almost everything from Dynamite and Zenescope). :3

Got interested by the character after seeing Linkara's retrospective on the original run, and read the first two issues of the first trade for the new series, which does seem pretty solid, so I'll look into it sooner or later.

mreddie

Not gonna lie m8 Cates on a Marvel book is a dream come true for me. Team announcement of the year

I have been praying for Donny Cates to save my Marvel comics since God Country #1. They better lay that red carpet out

I just hope we're done with that Strange depowered bullshit.

Also, watch the new books come in and Bendis will worm his way into one of them.

Sandfox

Not gonna lie m8 Cates on a Marvel book is a dream come true for me. Team announcement of the year

I have been praying for Donny Cates to save my Marvel comics since God Country #1. They better lay that red carpet out

It's going to be interesting to see what other creative teams are revealed this week.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I'd never heard of him, but the concept sounds cool. My only minor quibble with Aaron's Thor run is that I don't think his Loki is very interesting.

Just started reading The Dark Knight Strikes Again after recently finishing The Dark Knight Returns.

I'm halfway through Book 3 and I still have no clue what the plot is.

Messi

I just hope we're done with that Strange depowered bullshit.

Also, watch the new books come in and Bendis will worm his way into one of them.

Yeah watch that dude who is doing some of the best work of his career worm his way into a relaunch.

You know you fucked up, right?

Oh big time.

I still can't tell if The Flash's costume is actually black or just shaded like all the time.

And why are Lex Luthor and Martian Manhunter giant horrible mosnters?

How is the president a hologram?

Why do I care about the superchix?

Why does Frank Miller not know what manga is?

What is GOING ON!?!

mreddie

Yeah watch that dude who is doing some of the best work of his career worm his way into a relaunch.

Iron Man is his big bust to me, let Riri do shit in Chicago instead of tying up Stark's loose ends.

Defenders is ok but Diamondback Brock Lesnaring Iron Fist made me go what.

Top Bottom