• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

I nominate this as worst post of the month.

giphy.gif

But there's still a week left in the month.

Malyse

Hell, the covers were the "comic book industry changing" announcements.

Edit: Captain America Sam Wilson gets renamed The Falcon. The book hasn't even been boosted much by having a event spinning out of it and the other cap book.

This is literally just Marvel Now! 3.0, isn't it?

Here's what would be interesting to me: no captain America. At all. The role just lies dormant for like a year and there's no book called Captain America.

But I don't expect Secret Empire to have any consequences
other than maybe another dead black guy. Yes I'm still upset about both Civil Wars leaning in on that dumb trope.

Here's what would be interesting to me: no captain America. At all. The role just lies dormant for like a year and there's no book called Captain America.

But I don't expect Secret Empire to have any consequences
other than maybe another dead black guy. Yes I'm still upset about both Civil Wars leaning in on that dumb trope.

Cap is on that Thor cover with the same shield he got after Standoff.

tim1138

It's a reference to the posters on a subreddit on Reddit where misogynistic men are 'enlightened' about society being 'oppressive' for them.

This was the Gamergate before Gamergate.

AKA MRA
People who post on the red pill subreddit. (And the Donald)

Or if you want a less vapid explanation, this.

Ah, so the same garbage people who wanted to sue over the ladies only Wonder Woman screenings, got it.

error4041

Marvel Legacy was a big letdown, they literally released some variants and called it a day, the most exciting thing about their announcement was that Gwenpool, Jessica Jones and Black Bolt weren't cancelled.

No talk about creative teams, for all we know, nothing has changed creatively, almost no new books, just the Ghost Rider team book and a Falcon book.

unless Marvel has some big announcements tomorrow, this is getting them from bad to worse.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
looking at those covers, theres another Wanda is a bad guy story...

...yay >_>

Mafro

Hell, the covers were the "comic book industry changing" announcements.

Edit: Captain America Sam Wilson gets renamed The Falcon. The book hasn't even been boosted much by having a event spinning out of it and the other cap book.

This is literally just Marvel Now! 3.0, isn't it?
Ugh what a shitshow from Marvel. Barely even looks like anything new there.

Jessica Jones is staying?
You think a Bendis book with his pet character would be ending?

Messi

Ugh what a shitshow from Marvel. Barely even looks like anything new there.

You think a Bendis book with his pet character would be ending?

With Defenders out there and a potential relaunch of titles. Sure. He has moved iron man books before in times like these.

Btw, would you call 52+ books "shrinking the line"? That's what Legacy is at currently.

When you currently publish close to 80, yes.

Mafro

With Defenders out there and a potential relaunch of titles. Sure. He has moved iron man books before in times like these.
Never even realised Defenders was out. Thought they'd be releasing that closer to the Netflix show but I guess that's when the first trade will be out.

Sandfox

Btw, would you call 52+ books "shrinking the line"? That's what Legacy is at currently.
In July they have 62 different ongoings releasing in the main line for reference and I would imagine that's lower than it was earlier in the year.

If you want to believe Bleedingcool, Marvel is going to let the number drop as books end and avoid giving characters like Black Panther multiple books.

I remember when Flow got mad and refused to believe it when I said that Metal would have tie-ins.

Jessica Jones seems to be doing well enough to stick around.

At least we knew of all of them before this list but JL, Flash and GLC. Makes sense since it's a JL event.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The feel when you plop in a Larry Cohen movie and suddenly there is Stan Lee and there multiple scenes taking place in the Marvel HQ and the main character is a Marvel Drawer. Strange stuff! But I liked Ambulance, even when it wasnt by far as good as The Stuff

Because they always get cancelled. Every time.
Pls stop liking my favorite books :/

I feel like Snyder said no tie ins. Am I incorrect?

No tie-ins to understand the core story. It was Doomsday Clock they said will have no tie-ins at all(which makes sense since Metal will still be happening when it starts). Guessing it'll still get a epilogue in a Superman issue.

mreddie

I'm not back fully but I need to let this loose.

Fuck Axel Alonso
Fuck Tom Brevoort
Fuck Dan Slott
Fuck Nick Spencer
Fuck you asshole fucks who try to stay at the comfy job at Marvel because you can add your fanfics into actual printed material.

DC is kicking your ass and the best you can do is variant covers and ripping off old covers? REALLY?
REALLY?

Marvel 2 in 1?
Ghost Rider Team Book?
Falcon solo?

That's fucking it?

Death of Jane Thor because you are banking on Odinson being likable just in time for the movie?
No teams announced for the new books at all?
Is Runaways not Legacy material?
Why the fuck are you still printing Monsters Unleashed? To keep Cullen Bunn happy? You are giving him a Venom miniseries and another Deadpool mini.

You axed Wasp which I get but kept fucking Gen X, America and are buying time to bring back Banner and Tony?

And are already teasing a new Spidey mini? Fuck you.
Scarlet Witch is crazy again? Fuck off.
Cable vs. New Mutants? WHO ASKED FOR THIS?

This shit is the fucking Shockmaster of reveals. Marvel, you deserved to get your fucking asses kicked til 2019 because only then will you fucking learn to stop treating your fans like shit. MARKET YOUR FUCKING BOOKS. TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THE PREORDER SYSTEM SINCE YOU STILL KISS DIAMONDS ASS.

I don't give a fuck about Fantastic 4 but your keeping almost every team in tact. Then why the fuck are we reading Secret Empire for? So Nick Spencer can tell us Nazis are evil but we all have darkness in us? SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Keep rewarding the old guard with shit events, keep giving the new guard a good book but not give a fuck about til it gets a Eisner. Keep chasing away all the talent while they flourish at other companies? (Tell Marguerite and Sam they have great books BTW.) Pat yourselves on the back by being progressive when you fucking aren't by not committing to any LGBTQ+ stuff and claim you do when in reality, you'll ax the book after the first or second trade and then kill the character 3 years later.

Synder may have lied about Metal not having tie ins up the ass or pointless one shots but you what? At least I have faith in Synder unlike Bendis doing an event.

Fuck off with your needing to stay on for the storyline shit and fuck your buy the book digitally shit. You know how many books I liked that you axed?

Nighthawk
Wasp
Ant-Man
Mockingbird
Loki
Young Avengers
AN Ghost Rider
Spider Woman
Angela
Foolkiller
Hercules
Illuminati
Mosaic
Silk
Elektra 2014

On and on...

I'm gonna keep the books I already like and everything else, I have ways to look at them because they are the safe ones. The ones that will stay because they're the A+ top book.

Keep doing those 10 buck issues, variant overload and minor IP books you think will breakthough like Ms. Marvel but will likely not because no one in the media is bringing it up?

Keep Marveling Us Marvel. Just remember, you dug your own hole once before and you almost fucked up to Chapter 11.

Stay Metal, ComicsGAF

Back offline.

Where's Gwenpool at arc-wise? beginning, middle, end? I'll catch up on volumes and then hop on singles at the start of an arc. I thought I could live without it, but I was wrong.

Top Bottom