• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

I got a confession for real, though. New Avengers is firmly in the Good-Bendis tier in my eyes. Just fun team comics.

Cade

I'm sorry! I'm sorry. Have I just not read enough comics recently that my bar is low? You didn't even include the hyphen. Damn.

Side note, I wish I could steal the real Cade's username. He got here first but he never posts. I was going to ask a mod if I could have it but I can't find his profile anymore and like what if he only posts in places I don't look in and he's a frequent poster?!

I'm getting jealous of Age of Ultron and Mad Max watchers....what did I watch last night? Boring nba playoff games and one episode of Clone Wars because i didn't feel like starting a movie on netflix. Today? 30 minutes of Dig until it bored me into not wanting to watch anything.

You shouldn't be jealous of anyone that had to sit between AoU.

Was looking at wikipedia's Marvel Max page to see what else i should have a go at, realize that there's a Criticism tab. Have a gander

James Adams said:
Former Marvel president and chairman Stan Lee openly criticized the Max imprint. Referring to the 2001 Fury miniseries, based on the character Nick Fury, who he co-created, Lee said, "I don't know why they're doing that. I don't think that I would do those kinds of stories."[7]

like....what?

so i went and checked, since there was no way in fucking hell he could be talking about My War Gone By, which is one of the best things to ever grace the medium (plus it came out in like, 2011-2012 or whatever)

And true enough, its a silly six ish story that is quite passable. Explores some of the themes that Ennis knocked out of the park a decade later, but in a "hahaha excessive gore is fun" cruel ennis manner.

Quite surprising to see how much good Castle Max did to him. Also a testament to how much a writer can grow if he starts to actually give a fuck.

Anyway, got my eyes on Max Cage, Fantomex, Wolverine, and the Dead of the Night set. Any of these best avoided?

Sandfox

The Star Wars comics are looking like huge money makers for Marvel. I'm curious to see what the next step for those books are.

The Star Wars comics are looking like huge money makers for Marvel. I'm curious to see what the next step for those books are.

Marvel universe crossover. It's coming.

50898426.jpg

Messi

Hello Friends. My time here has come to an end. We have had many laughs. some tears (plenty of Olivia Wildes tears). But I think we all knew that eventually I would have to leave. I must return to my home community as it has returned from oblivion. I was transferred over here from FootballGAF when things went to hell but things are looking up. Its a new day and I am willing to take on this new challenge. I know you will miss my hijinks but I think I have left a fine blueprint for the people of my club to follow. I know you will all blossom without me, keep doing what you do and maybe our paths will cross again someday. Screw Grandharrier.

olivia-wilde-o.gif

that's it, Spike. We've indulged your rigged voting, smiled in the face of your frankly terrifying and lewd fan arts, but this

this is where the line is drawn. I suppose a vote of no confidence of your ability to run this OT, and formally nominate sillymonkey321.
Entertaining but flawed, and certainly overhyped. I bought way into the trailers when they first came out, enough to go on media blackout back in December to avoid spoiling myself.
The movie is my least favorite part of The Road Warrior expanded into two hours, Hardy lacks that "it" that Mel Gibson had to sell me on the character of Max with such sparse development, and most of the best action parts were shown in the very first trailers.
I'm not going to tell anyone not to see it but expectations were not met.

Hello Friends. My time here has come to an end. We have had many laughs. some tears (plenty of Olivia Wildes tears). But I think we all knew that eventually I would have to leave. I must return to my home community as it has returned from oblivion. I was transferred over here from FootballGAF when things went to hell but things are looking up. Its a new day and I am willing to take on this new challenge. I know you will miss my hijinks but I think I have left a fine blueprint for the people of my club to follow. I know you will all blossom without me, keep doing what you do and maybe our paths will cross again someday. Screw Grandharrier.

612capture_tombstone03.jpg

see ya, new guy!

Duress

olivia-wilde-o.gif

That wink at the end of the GIF, says otherwise. ;)

olivia-wilde-o.gif

Saving this post so Messi can't delete it when he realizes it's not the same FootballGAF, but instead one that hates Olivia Wilde, and will delete those posts for being off topic.

Not like this Messi... We need you here
Mad Max last night, the Pixies tonight. It's a birthday weekend entertainment extravaganza!
Love the Pixies, hope you have a good time!

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."

Messi

Guys, I have made a huge mistake. That is not my futbol gaf. It is a husk of what it was. They are removing off topic posts and stuff. We should forget that I ever posed anything here. I am sorry. :(

Owzers

we already accepted a New 52 Messi into our community, there is no room for previous continuity. This isn't Convergence.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

olivia-wilde-o.gif

Its a brand new day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom