• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
U3RkAkg.gif

Right click save as.

Im happy most TV shows have wrapped up this week or next. My DVR backlog is pretty hefty but with work and comics (mostly work) I've not been able to keep up. I watch too many shows. So once things cool down I can get the backlog back to zero. Still staying on top of the top shows like Flash, Etc

Owzers

the only shows i stayed up on recently were Walking Dead and Last Man on Earth, no regrets on either. I still need to give iZombie a try while it proliferates on my dvr. Once you learn to embrace the skunk, Last Man on Earth was no longer too cringey.

I feel like I should sign up for another free month on Marvel Unlimited but I feel like I'll just sit on the service for a month after marathoning through a series again

Oh well, free is free

Oh well, pledged is pledged.
*gulp* I'm staying away from the woods!

So now that all the new comics are read I'm back to my Frank Miller DD re-read. Man this version of Elektra is much more interesting than her recent portrayals. She has many different facets to her motivations, character, etc. and of course the Miller action art is top notch. although I do remember enjoying Ruckas Elektra run back in the day (even with the sketchy art). I might need to revisit it someday.

Just read Superman batman enemies among us and just want to make sure that Superman
was not some gross tentacle monster babu that adapted to human form and it was all 100% fake visions from the parasites right?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Bii's post about his awesome commissions made me bust out the only one that I ever got. I knew that Francis Manapul was going to be at SDCC, and I had just gotten into his and Johns Flash, so I was determined to get him to do a sketch for me. For over a month, I kept going back and forward trying to figure out who to get him to draw. I kept bouncing around between all my favorites: Iron Fist, Cyclops, Iron Man, Chase Stein, Old Lace, Ampersand, and back and forward again. If I'd read Young Avengers then, I'm sure Wiccan would have been in the mix too (I'm bad at picking favorites).

This kept up until I was literally in line to get the sketch, and when I got up to the front, he asked me who I wanted and my mind went blank and said the first two words that came to mind.

Indiana Jones. Don't regret it. Do regret standing there like a mute the entire time he drew. Couldn't think of anything to talk about. He seemed nice though.

Heyyyy that one might have started my Netflix complaints here, one of the few movies I haven't managed to make myself finish.
I mean, if you ever wanted to be intensely bored while watching a movie in a genre that should, for all intents and purposes, never be boring. That right there would be the film to watch.
Wait you guys aren't spending the weekend going through your Mad Men blu rays wthhhhh

Some of us read comics.

zennyzz

Amanat then teased "Silk's" upcoming arc guest-starring Spider-Man, which will feature a showdown with Black Cat. "[Silk] will prove once again why she's better than Spider-Man -- or at least she thinks," says Amanat.

oh...

Marvel's other Spider-series, "Spider-Gwen," came up next, with Amanat revealing that "Spider-Gwen" #5 will feature a battle of the bands pitting the Mary Janes against the Black Cats. "This storyline, Matt Murdock -- in this universe he's the Kingpin -- this story follows Felicia Hardy discovering that Murdock is responsible for killing her father," said Amanat. "This happens in the middle of the battle of the bands and Spider-Gwen is put in the middle."

YOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Unbeatable Squirrel Girl" next, telling people to "enjoy having happiness and laughter in your life" by picking up the series. Kubert said that issues #6-8 will be a new storyarc, and therefore a good jumping on point. The arc will guest star Chipmunk Hunk and Coy Boy, two characters that can talk to their respective heroes. Another hero, Girl Squirrel, will be arriving -- which is actually a squirrel with superhero aspirations.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So basically they're going to be setting up a Black Cat book in the Spider-Gwen universe. I want to see the logic behind Daredevil becoming the Kingpin.

It's not that hard to figure out why. Kingpin's in prison and Matt is currently running the show on the outside.

Is she? Honestly I literally don't know what a Mary Sue is anymore.

It's when you create a new character in an established universe and that character overshadows all the others in every possible way. You read Silks bio and it's like "Has totally better reflexes, spider senses, and everything than Peter."

5 issues in and they gotta remind everyone of that fact. Unless this issue subverts the trope.

NEO0MJ

Finished Top Ten. That was a great read. I loved how mundane it made everyone begin a super was, while at the same time still being crazy. Character were a lot of fun, though I wish some of theme were further developed such as Multi-woman.

I regret not picking up the Absolute edition when I had a chance, as collecting the spin-offs seems difficult now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So there were two Hickman SHIELD Volumes and the first is finished?
I have a offer to buy the OHC kinda cheap, but I want to be sure that I dont buy and incomplete book.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just read a couple of issues of Fraction / allred FF while waiting in the doctors lounge, its cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom