• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG @ Romita's interpretation of Stryfe's Liefeld-esque helmet

background.jpg

my dude is a satellite catching radio waves
it's incredible. Cable's arm! His eye! His Liefeld-esque square guns!

It's lost to time, like thor 2's plot

Wikipedia tells me Thor: The Dark World exists, and I think if you go through my past transactions you could see a ticket sale for "Thor: The Dark World" around November, but gun to my head if you had to ask me about a single damn thing about it. I don't think its actually a real thing, myself. Like the Loch Ness monster and Hawkeye #22.

edit: double post, birdie tier confirmed

Cade

Wikipedia tells me Thor: The Dark World exists, and I think if you go through my past transactions you could see a ticket sale for "Thor: The Dark World" around November, but gun to my head if you had to ask me about a single damn thing about it. I don't think its actually a real thing, myself. Like the Loch Ness monster and Hawkeye #22.

edit: double post, birdie tier confirmed
slow your roll, friend, hawkeye just started

Thor what?

electric boogaloo

There hasn't been a civil war 2, just many smaller events.

We've had:
Civil War (which lead to the publication of the Statues, Hardcovers, and Reading Discouraged Act, or the S.H.A.R.D.)
Secret Invasion (all those dudes who posted after Zomb|OT| were Skrulls)
House of Morrison ("No More Multiversity")

We're still waiting on:
Dark Reign (sillymonkey makes the OT again)
Fear Itself (MorrisonGAF gets corrupted by mystic Hijinks books, and Messi is killed off but brought back in the post-game tie-ins nobody buys and everyone agrees to never speak of it again)
Original Sin (where Zombine, JC and PsychBat team up to find out who killed comics, and in my tie-in I admit I own and have read the trade of Countdown Arena)
Siege (where GrimDarkGAF invade our hallowed halls, but Birdie Hype for a random Secret Wars tie-in [I dunno, one where Howard the Duck is Spider-Man and he's dating Kate Bishop or something] reunites our community, and the Hijinks Age dawns)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
but Evans is the best thing in every movie

#SteveCrushSaturday
Thats true. The guy is a fantastic Captain America. I dont even give a fuck about Tony Stark anymore. Its all about Cap now for me in Marvel Movies
until Spidey joins the game.

Cade

I'm not even a huge Chris Evans fan but i'm looking at his filmography and this might actually be true for all the ones i've seen wtf

i guess maybe not Avengers

even avengers

Thats true. The guy is a fantastic Captain America. I dont even give a fuck about Tony Stark anymore. Its all about Cap now for me in Marvel Movies
until Spidey joins the game.

Team Cap is the real deal. I hope Spidey doesn't wishywashy and fuck w/ IM in the movie at all.

I'm glad we all agree on Steve Rogers being the best MCU character. Hold dat L Tony Stark, with your money and your snark and your neurotic character flaws

Cade

Of all the comics-turned-movies, Thor might have the biggest potential of em all but easily missed the mark the most. Very bummer. Hopefully Ragnarok blows minds.

Whew. I ducked out for awhile until I got my comics. I'm back though. I read:

-Constantine Volume 3: Voice in the Fire. Some mind-fuckery here and there, but otherwise it's just okay. The constant pining over Zatanna is meh. It does have the Future's End issue, though, and that was a really good issue.

-The Flash Rebirth. That was a really enjoyable book. I liked it a lot. If I'm not mistaken, from this point until Flashpoint Paradox is just supposed to be really high-quality Flash, yeah? Because I'm willing to read all of that.

-Silk #4. Fucking Johnny Storm.

-Convergence Suicide Squad #2. That took a really hard twist. I liked it. Scumbaggery all around.

-Secret Wars #2. The hype is indeed, off the charts.

-Thor #7. I really like this book. The action, the hype, the action...the hype...It's all good. I like it a lot. It's got some 'splainin' to do.

Squire

Banned
Read through all of that
time travel
arc in Avengers last night. Shits about to get real. That
alt-universe
story in New Avengers prior to that was also crazy.

Happy birthday, Messi!

Who is your avi, TyRa? Idolm@ster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom