• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Yo JC, this your chance to provide an epic Seven Soldiers write-up bro
xWQwP5.jpg

Kirkman's Destroyer MAX is legit good. Kinda surprised.

Also has The Most Gorgeous blood color. Overall excellent art.

Could do a whole lot worse with what is essentially bulletproof grandpa punisher punching things to death.

Tizoc

Kirkman's Destroyer MAX is legit good. Kinda surprised.

Also has The Most Gorgeous blood color. Overall excellent art.

Could do a whole lot worse with what is essentially bulletproof grandpa punisher punching things to death.

Oh I think I remember that comic, it was really good, but I should give it a re-read.

Messi

Some of the art in this All New X-Men crossover with Miles-man is jaw dropping. All new X-Men has been great visually for the entire run.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Seven Soldiers seems like one of those things I need to read but I just haven't yet. I'm sure I'd love it.

Gonna try to read at least an issue of something every day so I can start clearing out my backlog for realsies. Animal Man has been waiting for too long.

Morrison Animal Man, right?

Owzers

Rockets basically sabotaged the NBA playoffs by beating the Clippers in that game 6, should have just let it end there if they are going to get swept. Rockets better win game 4.

I bring this up here because i blame Messi.

tim1138

Seven Soldiers seems like one of those things I need to read but I just haven't yet. I'm sure I'd love it.

Gonna try to read at least an issue of something every day so I can start clearing out my backlog for realsies. Animal Man has been waiting for too long.

Morrison's run?

Tizoc

Yo, are we talking about Seven Soliders? 'Cause it's fucking excellent.

Also, the Klarion issues were my favorite as well, but I also liked the Manhattan Guardian stuff a whole lot.

M. Guardian is the OG
zP81Aj.jpg

I like how Morrison does it; even if it is the end of the world the heroes don't let it get to them and they kick ass and save the world with a smile.

tim1138

So DCs Galactus is almost the shitty Galactus from Rise of the Silver Surfer? : D didnt expected this

Yeah not really, there is no 1:1 DC version of Galactus. Sun Eaters are not cosmic deities in the way Galactus is, pretty sure they were originally created as living weapons that the Controllers used to wipe out systems they judged "evil". They are not forces of nature at all.

DC's "Galactus" was supposed to be Imperiex.

Same deal, big dude in armor, embodiment of entropy etc etc

He was pretty lame though

I'm not sure that's quite the same though. Imperiex wants to like, reboot the universe or some shit. Galactus feeding on planets and Sun Eaters on stars seems more analogous. Sun Eaters were even originally conceived as a means of "pruning" worlds deemed too evil.

Who the hell is Static Shock?

Probably the most famous character to come out of Milestone Comics which was an attempt to diversify comics with more minorities in the 90s. They existed in a separate universe but were published by DC. They eventually got folded over into mainline continuity. He has electricity based powers and had his own cartoon as well as appearing in a couple others.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvels project is an,underaged brubaker/epting book
Its a great story. I love all these retellings of the Golden Age.

Jaden Smith.
:D Will reall seems to force studio in movies with his son.

Probably the most famous character to come out of Milestone Comics which was an attempt to diversify comics with more minorities in the 90s. They existed in a separate universe but were published by DC. They eventually got folded over into mainline continuity. He has electricity based powers and had his own cartoon as well as appearing in a couple others.
Never heard of him. Will looking into him now.

For Messi:

Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner spoke about Harley Quinn and Power Girl #1. Conner related that bringing Power Girl into several Harley Quinn issues made them want to do “more of this”. The whole story chronology takes place in the space between two panels in a previous issue. The artwork is by Stephane Roux and Palmiotti said the two protagonists are going to be “destroying everything in their sight” in this issue. In #2, out on July 15th, Conner said “Harley can take a bullet”, based on the cover. Palmiotti said that at some time in the past, “Power Girl has made a big impression on a planet” that will appear in #2.

Regarding Starfire’s arrival with Issue #1 on June 10th, Conner commented on what a great job Emanuela Lupacchino has been doing. Starfire wants to be a “regular human being” and wants to go somewhere warm and sunny so goes to Key West, Conner said, where a lot of crazy things go on. “An orange girl wouldn’t stand out very much there”, Conner joked. She surprises the locals and doesn’t try to “hide her identity”. Palmiotti said the comic is perfect for new readers of Starfire, and if you know about her already, you’ll get “an extra giggle here and there” with references. He said the tone will be somewhat like Powergirl from “a few years back”, Palmiotti hinted. It’s a somewhat all-ages comic, he said, but don’t “give it to a 4 year old”. It’s “all ages except for when it’s not”, they joked. In Issue #2, Starfire deals with fighting a hurricane, and “she’s not good at it”. The cover shows her being attacked by a parrot. Palmiotti joked that she eats the parrot but then rescinded that as untrue, to laughter.

Bombshells also got some love. Marguerite Bennett she’s been “sitting on this” since last September and asked for a round of applause for her restraint. Bennett is excited that we get to “explore this world through all these different genres”. Every one of the 10 page units is going to settle on a genre with an “alternate history of WWII”. It’s an “incredibly fun world”, she said, with interior art by Marguerite Sauvage. She said that to give us an idea of the tone of the book and how “lively” it is, the first page opens with a black and white film cell appearance with graininess and a film roll spinning. We see a “damaged image” of a family walking at night going to the movies. A gangster pops out “with a tommy gun” to attack them. A figure “jumps down” and it’s Batwoman who saves Bruce Wayne’s parents, she said. The “whole conceit of the story is that heroines came first, that there were no women who were derivative of their male counterparts”, Bennett explained.

Owzers

Is there a reason why comixology doesnt' download comics while my ipad is in standby/sleepy mode?

i turned on background app refresh, maybe that will help...

The cover is misleading, in Klarion's first appearance he and Etrigan don't fight at all, they team up to fight the Elders from Klarion's village. Later appearances are a bit more antagonistic.

I pretty much know jack shit about Klarion other than his animated appearances.

Reading through Sandman right now for the first time. Such a treat. I like the callbacks to Moore's Swamp Thing, didn't know they were linked in any way.

Owzers

It's really annoying

i want to download all my Avengers issues in case i decide to reread the madness. It's going to take awhile.

In theory it would just download new issues as i start reading from the beginning but that requires me to read stuff.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How much shipping costs do I have to expect when I want to buy a big boxset like the Avengers Mansion Famous Firsts or the Secret Wars Battleworld Box from Instock Trades?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I read 5 pages of Life and Times of Martha Washington yesterday. Woooo comics!

I also went to the aquarium yesterday and it was THE BEST.

Messi

Guys. I have a confession. I am Brian, and I bought the Zatanna Bloodspell page where she is playing with the dolls. Sorry MG :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom