• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Why did you wait so long? Even I hopped on the train last year on a whim.

I assumed it wouldn't be for me as I don't follow the larger narrative of Marvel or DC books. I just pick up the fringe books that appeal to my interests. But Secret Wars seems to change things even for the books I read so I decided to catch up and it has been so good.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Battlworld is a mashup of alt universes.

Hell Strange Punisher is from an Alt universe story.

And it should be obvious given that last go around Wolverine, Spiderman, Ghostrider aren't Inferno demons.

Ok, so it makes more sense. Just fun little stories wth alt universe characters.

I assumed it wouldn't be for me as I don't follow the larger narrative of Marvel or DC books. I just pick up the fringe books that appeal to my interests. But Secret Wars seems to change things even for the books I read so I decided to catch up and it has been so good.

I picked the first New Avengers trade because Panther and Strange were in it.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Messi

I picked the first New Avengers trade because Panther and Strange were in it.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

mid way through the avengers run they put a #1 one the cover and I picked it up as the start of a new arc and I was like.

58112031.jpg

Bii also gave me infinity codes and I had no idea what the hell was happening.

mid way through the avengers run they put a #1 one the cover and I picked it up as the start of a new arc and I was like.

58112031.jpg

Bii also gave me infinity codes and I had no idea what the hell was happening.
Such a cheap trick as there's no way you can jump into that arc and understand what's going on.

Owzers

rockets/warriors pre-game show...they are playing Uptown Funk in the stadium.

There is no escape, only acceptance. How do i know this isn't a dream and all the days i don't hear Uptown Funk are real?

PsychBat!

Banned
How did you guys read this Avengers/New Avengers monthly? every issue is straight up hype. I imagine the wait was terrible between issues.

Yeah, the wait was cruel. But I always reread the issues again and again to see if I could connect dots that I possibly missed. I was so invested in this story than I was for any other story in any other medium. Just so good. Now here we are. :)

Messi

Yeah, the wait was cruel. But I always reread the issues again and again to see if I could connect dots that I possibly missed. I was so invested in this story than I was for any other story in any other medium. Just so good. Now here we are. :)

Did you translate all the builder code? ive been doing that stuff. it takes so much time.

I'm actually liking Uncanny Avengers

Same here.

Messi

Skylar Grey is the Roman Reigns of the music world. She's one note and was forced on us for a while.

I barely know who she is. I only listen to those 10ish songs from the itunes thing. I also don't listen to the radio lol. I found it browsing itunes.

Why is this Green Lantern about to give someone the finger?

Also, the name of the first issue ("Blackest Night") confused me. I recall looking at the reading order that lists the cross-over of that name much later in the run.

Bloodember

Does anyone have a Secret Wars Battleworld #1 digital code I can buy? There's only one on eBay and it's an 8 day auction, not wanting to spend cover price for a digital comic. Thanks.

Zombine

Banned
She kept on doing very similar songs for a while with that one producer, but I liked them. Never heard much of her other work though.

That's the one I observation I've made in regards to her career, and why she hasn't exploded. All of her lyrics are exactly the same, and every song she has been tied to are almost identical. It hurt her quite a bit.

Working off my DVR backlog. Caught up on the last 8 eps of IZombie. This show is coming into its own. The over arching arc is getting good. But just like flashes dragging out things with Iris, poor major is getting the same treatment

mreddie

On my last week of my Unlimited trial, any suggestions aside from Uncanny Avengers, the Hickman stuff, ASM, Scarlet Spider, Nova, Hawkguy.

Is Fraction's Iron Man run good?

On my last week of my Unlimited trial, any suggestions aside from Uncanny Avengers, the Hickman stuff, ASM, Scarlet Spider, Nova, Hawkguy.

It's my favorite run of the character. Also read Iron fist by bru/fraction if you haven't already. And whedons astonishing xmen. And Brubakers captain America run. Oh and of course Nextwave

Read Superior Foes of Spider-Man pls

And if you liked Scarlet Spider, you may as well read New Warriors since it's a followup. It's just okay throughout but the dialogue with Kaine and Aracely continues to be stellar. It got cancelled and the ending is kind of weak... But I enjoyed it for what it was.

Zombine

Banned
Please everyone watch the documentary "Stripped." It's so damn good. What an awesome look into the world of the funny pages.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Please everyone watch the documentary "Stripped." It's so damn good. What an awesome look into the world of the funny pages.

After BrightLightLava and your recommendations, I'll probably have to give that a go. Maybe I'll have some time to watch it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom