• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

The Flash is excellent but i don't get the Iris hate

she's a solid actress and maybe the best looking person on television

I honestly don't mind TV Iris, I've just never been a huge fan of her character in general.

Plus I wanted an excuse to post that page.

PsychBat!

Banned
vOcwT73.jpg

tim1138

I'm so awful at Splatoon, but I've also been on a bunch of crap teams where people think they're playing CoD or Halo and ignore the whole painting thing. My wife on the other hand has been tearing it up.

tim1138

So how great were Ripley Rossmo's pencils and Ivan Plascensia's colors in that Constantine preview?

Just look at this, it's fantastic.

b195iMK.jpg

Sadist

I'm so awful at Splatoon, but I've also been on a bunch of crap teams where people think they're playing CoD or Halo and ignore the whole painting thing. My wife on the other hand has been tearing it up.
I think that's the reason why I'm winning matches :p

Seriously, I aways was an average fps player, but I'm wrecking stuff in Splatoon. Few hours ago I played a match where I had 13 kills + painted a lot of stuff and zero deaths. I felt pretty damn OP lol

The art's good! Looks like Rossmo at the top of his game. gonna need to see it in standard size because from here the eyes are trippin me out

Messi

Damn it Dark Horse give me a Lady Killer trade date.

Anyone feel like telling me what Boom trades are worth picking up? I have picked up two and they have both been fantastic and the build quality is insane. I own Six Gun Gorilla and Lumberjanes.

GOD DAMN IT NO. I WANT A KNIFE FIGHT.

Will ComicGAF ever know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight?
FLy8ZTJ.gif

No comics today. Went for a meal with friends. Had a good time, but tired now. Comics and a book tomorrow I think, reading A Short History of Nearly Everything, it's a nice companion piece to Hickman's Avengers. I need to get that Top Shelf IDW bundle so I can read March Book Two and finally read the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen stuff after The Black Dossier (I have the Omnibus of the Vertigo stuff). I also got two more Judge Dredd books, one is The Cursed Earth which I'm eager to get to since I'm still hyped after Mad Max.

I was very sorry to hear Tron 3 was cancelled. My friend is a massive Tron fan and he was quite annoyed. We were out because it was his birthday and everything. I got him Marceline & The Scream Queens because he's a big Adventure Time fan and of Marceline in particular.

Messi

Will ComicGAF ever know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight?
FLy8ZTJ.gif

No comics today. Went for a meal with friends. Had a good time, but tired now. Comics and a book tomorrow I think, reading A Short History of Nearly Everything, it's a nice companion piece to Hickman's Avengers. I need to get that Top Shelf IDW bundle so I can read March Book Two and finally read the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen stuff after The Black Dossier (I have the Omnibus of the Vertigo stuff). I also got two more Judge Dredd books, one is The Cursed Earth which I'm eager to get to since I'm still hyped after Mad Max.

I was very sorry to hear Tron 3 was cancelled. My friend is a massive Tron fan and he was quite annoyed. We were out because it was his birthday and everything. I got him Marceline & The Scream Queens because he's a big Adventure Time fan and of Marceline in particular.

Didn't you think of your good buddy Messi and how devastated he would be?

So one of the impulse game purchases I made this morning was Axiom Verge. I just booted it up. Oh my this is awesome! Since nine old has decided to stop making metroid games I'm glad someone has decided to pick up the baton and run with it. This game is lovely. It's been so long since I sat and played games. But That desire is coming back strong. Woo. The third of my trilogy of interests (reading, TV/movie, and games) is back

So one of the impulse game purchases I made this morning was Axiom Verge. I just booted it up. Oh my this is awesome! Since nine old has decided to stop making metroid games I'm glad someone has decided to pick up the baton and run with it. This game is lovely. It's been so long since I sat and played games. But That desire is coming back strong. Woo. The third of my trilogy of interests (reading, TV/movie, and games) is back

best metroid since Zero Mission

And the music...Vital Tide b

Owzers

I would rather read more Sullivan's Sluggers than play more Never Alone. I've been trying to go through ps+ games before my year sub expires in early June, Transistor was great and this is not.

Calcium

Banned
I would rather read more Sullivan's Sluggers than play more Never Alone. I've been trying to go through ps+ games before my year sub expires in early June, Transistor was great and this is not.

Yeah, I had to push myself to get through Never Alone. I liked the segments with the polar bear. Everything else was pretty lame. Agreed on Transistor, great game.

MG310

This week in things that I didn't know could happen a bug crawled inside of my TV and died against the inside of the screen.

Anyone else not like the Fantastic Four? Like, at all? Even when I was a kid I thought they were incredibly lame.

Yes.

Read Hickman's run and be healed.

Truth be told, nearly all characters are salvageable in the hands of a good to great writer.

Then there are others like The Flash, where the main character is boring af, but the rogues are so solid that the book can keep going.

Zombine

Banned
Yes.

Truth be told, nearly all characters are salvageable in the hands of a good to great writer.

Then there are others like The Flash, where the main character is boring af, but the rogues are so solid that the book can keep going.

Silk, for instance. Took a Mary Sue and made her into a Mary Sue that you like.

MG310

I liked them but didn't read too many F4 books until the Waid/Wieringo run.

Most of my knowledge of them before that was from the 90's animated series.

Calcium

Banned
Yes.

I'm sure over the years they've had a few well written runs, but I honestly couldn't even bring myself to read any of them. Stupid, I know, but my dislike of them is so ingrained that I'd be physically unable to order a book featuring them. It doesn't help that I've seen bits and pieces of the movies, which were painful to view.

Anyone else not like the Fantastic Four? Like, at all? Even when I was a kid I thought they were incredibly lame.

Agreed, heartily. The Thing is alright, but the rest... eh.

The best thing to come out of the group is Doom & Valeria, easily.

Yes.

What if Hickman's run is why I don't like them?

Squire

Banned

Boring concept that hasn't aged well at all. They can be interesting, but you need to put a spin on them and preferably split them up.

Like, I think FF is cool and I love everything involving them in the current Avengers run and now Secret Wars, but just straight "comic magazine" family hijinks stuff? I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom