• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok? And screen capping it is going to do what? I don't care who said it. Tell them I love them.

What I'm saying, my point is, before you start calling me out, look in the mirror first.

Edit - I'm gonna act like a mod comes in here and warns us so if you want to discuss this more, PM me.

The only Zombine PMs I get are people asking why he keeps stealing my jokes

a question for the ages, PM peeps

also look at this shit

IMG_2076.jpg

Owzers

I started Sullivan's Sluggers today, the oversized hardcover from the kickstarter effort.

I'm getting the feeling that i've already read it and just can't remember, i know i downloaded the digital copy they gave me earlier...but did i read it.... Everything seems so familiar and purpleybasebally.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I started Sullivan Sluggers today, the oversized hardcover from the kickstarter effort.

I'm getting the feeling that i've already read it and just can't remember. Everything seems so familiar and purpleybasebally.

STOP. Please.

That is the worst book I own. No hyperbole, no bullshit. I've been thinking about bbq-ing it at a friend's place, but then I figured I'd let it sit on my shelf to remind me that there are actually gross, shitty, and harmful comics/creators out there that I should never support.

BigDes

STOP. Please.

That is the worst book I own. No hyperbole, no bullshit. I've been thinking about bbq-ing it at a friend's place, but then I figured I'd let it sit on my shelf to remind me that there are actually gross, shitty, and harmful comics/creators out there that I should never support.

Whaaaaa

I thought Sullivan's Sluggers was pretty neat.

tim1138

You sure this isn't from a 90s run of The Flash?

If only. Sadly, that is from a comic released in 2015.

Yeah, that lady's face is pretty terrifying.

To be fair, her new husband did just completely vanish.

The only Zombine PMs I get are people asking why he keeps stealing my jokes

a question for the ages, PM peeps

also look at this shit

IMG_2076.jpg

Ugh, such awful art. Who would ever display such an atrocity on their wall?!

Owzers

STOP. Please.

Is it cursed?

BigDes

What actually happened with Sullivan's SLuggers? A quick google shows me that the writer and the artist had a dispute over delivery of artwork. I suspect though that there is a lot more going on to make you guys have such a vitriolic response to him?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Whaaaaa

I thought Sullivan's Sluggers was pretty neat.

It's hella cliche, hella racist, and hella fucking offensively dumb. This is easily one of the worst fucking books I've read.

Also, everything surrounding the "writer" is incredibly shitty (he's an abominable douche) and Stokoe barely seems to want to be associated with the project.

I like Silver Age art just fine, generally, though I do prefer modern color schemes.

What's worth remembering, though, is that most of what we remember from back then is the good stuff. The shitty art is mostly forgotten.

Squire

Banned
Secret Wars is so good. Oh man. Read the first two issues and A-Force last night. Battleworld is awesome. We need an RPG based on this.

tim1138

I like Silver Age art just fine, generally, though I do prefer modern color schemes.

What's worth remembering, though, is that most of what we remember from back then is the good stuff. The shitty art is mostly forgotten.

Well yeah, and in fifty years should comics somehow still exist, people will still be making comparisons. You can say that about literally anything though.

And the Brett Booth's of the world will still be held up as shitty art

Nudull

Banned
What actually happened with Sullivan's SLuggers? A quick google shows me that the writer and the artist had a dispute over delivery of artwork. I suspect though that there is a lot more going on to make you guys have such a vitriolic response to him?

If I recall, the writer kept all the funds to himself and didn't pay Stokoe.

Well yeah, and in fifty years should comics somehow still exist, people will still be making comparisons. You can say that about literally anything though.

And the Brett Booth's of the world will still be held up as shitty art

What I was getting at is that it's sort of silly to say that Silver Age artists had clean lines, simple palettes, and a good grasp of anatomy while modern artists are etc etc, when there's ultimately just as much shit art everywhere when you look around, and these days there seems to be a broader range of styles, especially in terms of color.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished the third volume of Superior Foes. Short, but very sweet. Incredible from the first issue to the last. Ending was really satisfying as well, you could tell a lot of love and care went into this book. Reading a review, I saw this compared to Nextwave by Ellis, think I'm gonna order me a copy of that.

If I recall, the writer kept all the funds to himself and didn't pay Stokoe.

Classy.

Finished the third volume of Superior Foes. Short, but very sweet. Incredible from the first issue to the last. Ending was really satisfying as well, you could tell a lot of love and care went into this book. Reading a review, I saw this compared to Nextwave by Ellis, think I'm gonna order me a copy of that.

Have you read Ant Man? It's written by Nick Spencer as well and it's great fun. If you enjoyed Superior Foes you're bound to like it.

Cade

Yeah, I know. Just thought it was worth pointing out, especially in light of Tim's comparisons.

S'all good, man! I played the Fable Legends beta earlier, we all fall down sometimes.
Did you like it? It looks beautiful.
Were they at least video games about comic books?
Hey earlier this week I finished The Wonderful 101 which is a comic book in game form so yes. Also a great game.
I assume this is your final post here.
i'm already gone
at least it's not anime.
Not yet. Slippery slope.
This better be your final goodbye before you join BuddyJoeHooker in exile
I'm cancelled until the reboot.

hey at least i got the fabled 5-quotes-in-a-row

tim1138

What I was getting at is that it's sort of silly to say that Silver Age artists had clean lines, simple palettes, and a good grasp of anatomy while modern artists are etc etc, when there's ultimately just as much shit art everywhere when you look around, and these days there seems to be a broader range of styles, especially in terms of color.

I thought I did a good job saying that I was posting my opinion, not cold hard fact that all Silver Age art is great and all modern stuff is shit. Guess not, sorry about the mix up.

That was so awesome when they used the ring on the show.

It really was. The show is so good, it blows my mind it's on the CW.

And oh look, regardless of the era or medium, Iris is the worst! Way to be culturally insensitive there Iris.

iHAbRb3.jpg

I thought I did a good job saying that I was posting my opinion, not cold hard fact that all Silver Age art is great and all modern stuff is shit. Guess not, sorry about the mix up.

Nah, I got that. I'm probably coming across as more confrontational than I meant to, just thought it was a point worth making. I'll stop now :p

Filthy Slug

Loving how all the colors pop in these pages, tim.

Also, The Flash show on CW is really fucking good. Barry confronting
his Mom's death in the finale ruined me. Shit was so damn powerful and well-done.

I like silver age art. Sometimes even prefer it like Tim pointed out. My point earlier that I must have sucked at pointing out is most would look better with modern coloring techniques. Swamp Thing art team put in the hard work and made it every bit as dynamic as today's digital stuff. Bad coloring already makes dated 80s comics look really bad.

I've only read a few issues but I love McDonnell, Kesels, and Gaffords work in Suicide Squad. Rocking those purples which I fell in love with Zero Year for. It's a very modern take with the limited color pallet.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone here play Marvel Heroes? been really, really addicted to it the last month or so.

might be the best Marvel related game since the old Spidey PS1 classics.

It really was. The show is so good, it blows my mind it's on the CW.

And oh look, regardless of the era or medium, Iris is the worst! Way to be culturally insensitive there Iris.

The Flash is excellent but i don't get the Iris hate

she's a solid actress and maybe the best looking person on television

You're my real waifu.
Hasubando
synful_deus :)

UK tho so 80% of the time I probably won't be on that other people are. Unless you're into weird stuff like late night gaming/comicbook sessions :p

I'll add you next time I'm on. I kinda doubt I'll be playing anything anyone here does. Unless you guys also want to play JP fighters or import games since that's all I've really played online recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom