• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

CjfagshWsAAqqXT.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
After reading two Star Wars novels (no pictures) in the last 2 weeks, I'm realizing that I'm doing comics all wrong. I'm not really taking the time to discect the art. I'm reading the words and glancing at the art. For instance in Rebirth #1,
when Batman finds the Comedians pin in the bat cave, I just kind of accepted it was just there. My brain didn't really question why or how it got there. It was only later by reading a thread about it, did I learn that pin flew out of the speed force when Wally appeared.
. It was my job to examine that and I didn't. In a prose novel, it would have all been written out for me to draw my own picture in my head.

This is so me. I've been slowly learning to read and appreciate the art more.

Goddamn, Brubaker + crime can do no wrong. Finally read the first volume of Criminal thanks to CMXU, and it was so good

Criminal, Velvet, Fatale, Gotham Central...I need more. Does he have any new series planned this year?

Goddamn, Brubaker + crime can do no wrong. Finally read the first volume of Criminal thanks to CMXU, and it was so good

Criminal, Velvet, Fatale, Gotham Central...I need more. Does he have any new series planned this year?
Dunno about any upcoming stuff but you may want to check out his Catwoman run

Messi

unnamed-14-600x391.jpg

KILL OR BE KILLED by Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips, Elizabeth Breitweiser
Bestselling writer Ed Brubaker (THE FADE OUT, FATALE), artist Sean Phillips (THE FADE OUT, FATALE), and colorist Elizabeth Breitweiser (THE FADE OUT, FATALE, OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA) reunite for KILL OR BE KILLED, the ultimate pulp crime comic.

KILL OR BE KILLED is the story of a troubled young man who is compelled to kill bad people, and how he struggles to keep his secret, as it slowly begins to ruin his life and the lives of his friends and loved ones.

Both a thriller and a deconstruction of vigilantism, KILL OR BE KILLED is unlike anything Brubaker and Phillips have done together in their long partnership.

KILL OR BE KILLED is set to launch in Summer 2016.

Preview posted today. Starts August 1st

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/kill-or-be-killed-1-image-comics-2016

You should probably check out Sleeper next.

Dunno about any upcoming stuff but you may want to check out his Catwoman run

Just wanna say yes too all these posts, especially Sleeper if you like his crime comic work with Sean Phillips

As for Criminal, it really only gets better as it goes along.

Owzers

Got all of Morrison's JLA for cheap on Comixology

��

Digital comics have no soul.

Fun: Playing as Reinhart

Less fun: when people don't pick characters that go well with him or stand behind the shield. Blocking all this damage just for the fun of it...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Got all of Morrison's JLA for cheap on Comixology

😎
The easy way is not fun.

There is no feeling like when you hunted a expensive oop book for months and get a notification that its now ridicolus cheap and you are able to get it.

And fuck that asshole seller who halfway notice what treasures they sold for cheap, dont cancel your order and pretend that the book was lost at the airport.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just finished the Beetle backstory issue of Superior Foes. Really loving this series but since it's only 18 issues I'm taking my time with it and mixing it in with the ANAD stuff I'm reading.

Speaking of ANAD I think my favorite title so far has been AN Wolverine. Really digging the Four Sisters storyline.

Next up Spider-Gwen #2.

Digital comics have no soul.

Fun: Playing as Reinhart

Less fun: when people don't pick characters that go well with him or stand behind the shield. Blocking all this damage just for the fun of it...

Sometimes it doesn't matter. I had a team with three Torbjorns last night and we did great. Those turrets wreck faces.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The easy way is not fun.

There is no feeling like when you hunted a expensive oop book for months and get a notification that its now ridicolus cheap and you are able to get it.

And fuck that asshole seller who halfway notice what treasures they sold for cheap, dont cancel your order and pretend that the book was lost at the airport.

Whatever floats your boat, I'll stick with the cheap, easy, and super portable way that takes up no space. I do not enjoy the hunt. I'm too lazy.

Zombine

Banned
Just read Cap #1. It's a really good read, but what a fuckin dumb character assassination. Like, it makes no sense and I'm sure it'll be explained over the course of the arc, but it's still lame. Art is phenomenal as well.

Sandfox

Just read Cap #1. It's a really good read, but what a fuckin dumb character assassination. Like, it makes no sense and I'm sure it'll be explained over the course of the arc, but it's still lame. Art is phenomenal as well.

C'mon I'm sure nobody will miss Jack Flag.

Just finished the Beetle backstory issue of Superior Foes. Really loving this series but since it's only 18 issues I'm taking my time with it and mixing it in with the ANAD stuff I'm reading.

Speaking of ANAD I think my favorite title so far has been AN Wolverine. Really digging the Four Sisters storyline.

Next up Spider-Gwen #2.

Wolverine is my favorite book of ANAD.

Zombine

Banned
C'mon I'm sure nobody will miss Jack Flag.

Jack Flag had his moment, and Cap ruined it.

I still don't know where this shit can just casually happen in the timeline. It's so bullshit but it's fun to watch at the same time. It's definitely some timey wimey crap.

Sandfox

Jack Flag had his moment, and Cap ruined it.

I still don't know where this shit can just casually happen in the timeline. It's so bullshit but it's fun to watch at the same time. It's definitely some timey wimey crap.

I was making a joke about you bringing up character assassination.

As for the story I'm going with time shenanigans, because there are hints in the issue.

frye

It really stuck in my craw that Cap said he would secure the existence of his people and a future for white children. Totally out of character imo

tim1138

It's pretty obvious the Cap storyline is to set up for the launch of an All New All Different Marvel Now USAgent book this fall.

It really stuck in my craw that Cap said he would secure the existence of his people and a future for white children. Totally out of character imo

Or is it? Maybe this is who Cap has always been.

Or maybe Marvel is just trying to grab some of that attention back from Rebirth.

Sandfox

Or is it? Maybe this is who Cap has always been.

Or maybe Marvel is just trying to grab some of that attention back from Rebirth.

According to Alonso they thought this would be big in that regard, but not this big and it makes sense given we got the Marvel Now 2016 announcement.

Top Bottom