• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

DVD?

83d.jpg

What's with the sudden pony pics?

Sweetie Belle is best pony.

zeeaykay

My D&Q order, for those who are interested. Had to cut it in half from what it was, super excited.

Chester Brown - Louis Riel: A Comic-Strip Biography
Adrian Tomine - New York Drawings
Rutu Modan - The Property
Seth - It's A Good Life, If You Don't Weaken
Jason Lutes - Berlin, Book One: City of Stones
Jason Lutes - Berlin, Book Two: City of Smoke
Jason Lutes - Jar of Fools
Shigeru Mizuki - Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths
Chester Brown - Ed the Happy Clown

Does anyone have any recommendations for a comic/graphic novel that would be a good Christmas present for a 10 year old girl ? I'd prefer to give her something with more pages than the standard comic issue. She likes the (Andrew Garfield) Spiderman films and several other Marvel films so I was considering getting her a Spider-Gwen issue but thought she'd be better off with something more self-contained (and think it's unlikely she'd ever follow up with more because the nearest store selling them is the other side of a toll road and a river).
It's not Marvel, but Lil' Gotham is amazing for all ages.

VanWinkle

If I read Batman Endgame, will it spoil anything about the late portions of Batman Eternal (I heard it takes place after Eternal)? I still haven't read volume 3 of Eternal, and I've just been kind of reluctant to buy since it's a trade paperback over $20. I mean, I'll obviously have to buy it and finish the story at some point, but still.

If I read Batman Endgame, will it spoil anything about the late portions of Batman Eternal (I heard it takes place after Eternal)? I still haven't read volume 3 of Eternal, and I've just been kind of reluctant to buy since it's a trade paperback over $20. I mean, I'll obviously have to buy it and finish the story at some point, but still.

Um... I don't think so? At least, I can't recall any Eternal spoilers. Other than that he survives, I guess, but that's not really a spoiler.

VanWinkle

Guys, would a 7" tablet be good enough to read comics on?

I have an 8.4" tablet, and it works well enough, but I often wish it was a little bigger.

Um... I don't think so? At least, I can't recall any Eternal spoilers. Other than that he survives, I guess, but that's not really a spoiler.

Oh, that's good. I was wondering because I remember getting the first issue of Endgame for Batman Day, and on the first or second page it said "Endgame Part One (The events of this story take place after Batman Eternal)" so I stopped reading just in case.

Messi

Anyone else read Drax #1. Art is fitting for the book. Some panels are hilariously violent. Story is paper thin but serviceable. The book feels like it only exists because the other guardians have books. But it's not terrible it's just ...there. Can't pick out anything CM Punk wrote which I suppose is good. I was expecting his writing to be bad. Then again Bunn is likely doing most of the heavy lifting.

are there any summaries for the best BF deals for trades?
hmm nothing specific but

ist has a good sale 45 off marvel/dc/image/dark horse with some other steep discounts. just make sure to check those sliding banners on the top

amazon theres a 30% off any single book with a discount code holiday30 i think

barnes and noble has a buy 2 get 1 free for dc and marvel books. theres a 30 percent off code somewhere too i think.

cheapgraphicnovels.com has a good sale going on right now too.

Luigi87

Damn Marvel.
Was considering subbing to Marvel Unlimited for a year due to their 20% off discount.
... Of course this past month I finally used a gift code to get a month (that I bought for a dollar late last year), so because I'm an active member I can't use the 20% off unless I make a new account... I've always found it anti-consumer when companies don't allow discounted subscription benefits to their current subscribers.

Messi

Carnage #1 should have read #1 before buying number two. Hated it. I suppose I am not surprised. Never really liked Carnage. Found this boring as hell. First book of ANAD that is a complete miss for me. Dropping it.

Edit: Read #2, nah I'm good. This comic isn't for me. I see what they were going for in #2 but it doesn't work.

On the other end

Venom Space Knight #1 loved the visuals and the story was somewhat engaging. Loved how all the characters looked and would love to see more of them. Haven't really read much of Venom that doesn't cast him as a mindless beast. This was good fun.

My D&Q order, for those who are interested. Had to cut it in half from what it was, super excited.

Chester Brown - Louis Riel: A Comic-Strip Biography
Adrian Tomine - New York Drawings
Rutu Modan - The Property
Seth - It's A Good Life, If You Don't Weaken
Jason Lutes - Berlin, Book One: City of Stones
Jason Lutes - Berlin, Book Two: City of Smoke
Jason Lutes - Jar of Fools
Shigeru Mizuki - Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths
Chester Brown - Ed the Happy Clown

Nice. I look forward to hearing your impressions.

So can anyone summarize, in short, what happened to Venom in GotG? In VSK he says the symbiote was "purified" on its home planet. Somehow that makes him look less like a secret agent and more like a space warrior

Messi

So can anyone summarize, in short, what happened to Venom in GotG? In VSK he says the symbiote was "purified" on its home planet. Somehow that makes him look less like a secret agent and more like a space warrior

Curious about this also as I haven't read that far in GOTG.

All New Wolverine #2 love this book so far. Loving Laura as Wolverine and getting to see her use more of her skills this issue was great. Story is coming together nicely. This issue fleshed it out much better than the first issue which I thought was great but was very flashy to pull people in.
The clone kid in her apartment giving her shit about how it looks was hilarious.
David lopez art is lovely especially Laura but he needs to work on filling in the backgrounds better. I feel like this was not an issue with him on Captain Marvel. Loved the last page stinger. Haven't seen that person in a while.

Owzers

We will see if it actually ships.

Still waiting on dcbs to ship Batwoman bombshell. Get the feeling they will eventually cancel it. My store here got one. In Ireland for fuck sake.

amazon has them for the same price i paid but since i'm in statue limbo i don't want to order just to definitely return it if i ever get the dcbs one.

*waits*

Tizoc

Not sure how much a fifty year old television show is going to benefit from high-def, but I'm also kind of past the blu-ray versus DVD snobbery too.

Ever watched the bluray of Lawrence of Arabia? Or the Criterion Godzilla release? That's what modern tech can do to make old movies or shows just pop out and be more expressive with their presentation.

Ever watched the bluray of Lawrence of Arabia? Or the Criterion Godzilla release? That's what modern tech can do to make old movies or shows just pop out and be more expressive with their presentation.

oh man, Lawrence of Arabia looked amazeballs on BD.
It was still boring, but it looked great.

Hey I bought that godzilla Blu-ray, guess I'll watch it soon.

Finished Alias and it was okay. The Purple Man arc was kind of interesting but felt like it was missing something, I dunno. Kinda disappointed if I'm being completely honest.

Squire

Banned
Finished Alias and it was okay. The Purple Man arc was kind of interesting but felt like it was missing something, I dunno. Kinda disappointed if I'm being completely honest.

I shouldn't have bought the omnibus. ~$30 or dot during that CMX sale was probably the the perfect price for it.

Tizoc

Hey I bought that godzilla Blu-ray, guess I'll watch it soon.

The original Japanese movie really holds up and that last 30 mins. is fantastic for its time.
It's an all in all good drama/disaster movie.

Tron Legacy is very beautiful on blu ray.

Well duh it has fancy special effects so why wouldn't it :V
What about OG Tron doe.

oh man, Lawrence of Arabia looked amazeballs on BD.
It was still boring, but it looked great.

Pfft you kids these days ain't got no appreciation for the classics.
Then again I'm posting in this thread, it used to have class *waves his cane around*

I know that feel.

TV show was much better in regards to the character. David Tennant was amazing.
Yeah I can see the show being better. I'll watch it eventually.
I shouldn't have bought the omnibus. ~$30 or dot during that CMX sale was probably the the perfect price for it.

I was thinking about buying the omni a while ago but never bit the bullet. Guess I made the right choice in hindsight. I don't think it's bad or anything but it was kind of whatever after a bit. I'm glad I read it but I don't think I would recommend it to people.

Top Bottom