• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

There is even a pizza comparison. 2015 is really the year of the pizza in comics

pizza you could have got from anybody, anywhere, at any time. But they got the God of Pizzas name on it(even though he damn sure didn't make it), so 5/5 100k copies sold

they already did Before Watchmen, time to exploit that other 80s classic we got in the shed

basically

that said they got Romita Jr drawing an issue inked by Bill Sienkevwicz so I mean I at least have to look at that mothafucka. Not buy it, but like look over a nigga's shoulder while he read it and say, "nice"

Tizoc

I think I'm getting bored of Saga now :/

But yo
Transformers MTMTE #47 was...really all I can say about it is
0MsOKMV.gif

0MsOKMV.gif

0MsOKMV.gif

0MsOKMV.gif

0MsOKMV.gif

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Still not sure how Brian Azzarello got that gig. All of a sudden dude has two pretty high-profile Batman books coming out simultaneously.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks guys - gonna head to the LCS tomorrow for more black Friday goodness. I'll look into some trades of the various series.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Only bought 4 new issues this week so I can't do a Top 5 but if I had to rank them it would look like this....

1. Saga
2. Black Magick
3. Switch
4. Chew

Also through 10 issues Manifest Destiny continues to be great. For me it has the perfect balance of humor, action, mystery, and crazy shit.

VanWinkle

OH YES. Got the Graphic Ink Art of Darwyn Cooke in, and it's BEAUTIFUL. BIG book, much bigger than a regular hardcover (pictured with a regular hardcover, and it's even with it even though it looks like the top one is above it; just the angle), and even considerably larger than an OHC/Omnibus. Nice quality paper that's not quite Dark Horse level but in that realm, etc. Just looks like a lot of work went into making it a nice book.

Pictures:
rsz_imag0165.jpg

rsz_imag0166.jpg

rsz_imag0168.jpg

rsz_imag0167.jpg

rsz_imag0170.jpg

If anyone is curious about what is in it, it's a bunch of one-shots along with some covers he has done and some double page spread artwork. About 400 pages long.

Over 850 minutes of Adam West Batman for only five bucks? Hell yes I'll take that.

Bro don't just say that with no link. What you thinkin

OH YES. Got the Graphic Ink Art of Darwyn Cooke in, and it's BEAUTIFUL. BIG book, much bigger than a regular hardcover (pictured with a regular hardcover, and it's even with it even though it looks like the top one is above it; just the angle), and even considerably larger than an OHC/Omnibus. Nice quality paper that's not quite Dark Horse level but in that realm, etc. Just looks like a lot of work went into making it a nice book.

I was never a big fan of that series. If they were straight-up artbooks that had more of the pin-up style artwork like in that third image, I'd be down.

VanWinkle

I was never a big fan of that series. If they were straight-up artbooks that had more of the pin-up style artwork like in that third image, I'd be down.

I can totally understand that, but as somebody who is fairly new to comics, I LOVE that it has a bunch of one-shots, since it gives me something of substance to read, as well as being able to enjoy the art within. :)

ISSUES:

Silk #1: Good start. Still showing it's a fun book, and I like the continuity involving
Goblin King
. Not sure about
Mockingbird
's design, though.

Venom: Space Knight #1: Fun first issue to what will surely be a fun book. Hopefully, anyways.

Moon GIrl and Devil Dinosaur #1: My god this book is adorable. Love it.

Ivar Timewalker #11: Christ. I'm gonna have to reread this series once it all drops, because these twists...

Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. in 1953 #2: If this series is just a bunch of fun short stories, I'm completely game. Just Trevor and Hellboy solving cases.

TRADE PICK-UPS:

Uncanny Avengers Vol. 4: Avenge the Earth
The Transformers More Than Meets the Eye Vol. 1
Forever Evil
Earth 2 Vol. 6: Collision
Green Lantern: Wanted: Hal Jordan
Red Lanterns Vol. 1: Blood and Rage

Looking forward to some good reading in the next few days.

Boogiepop

Man, anyone know how you stop an iphone from being all "haha, nope, I'm just gonna make it so you have to redownload these songs without asking you, have fun with that!" I'm assuming it's some sort of automatic storage management crap, but I'd prefer to just, you know, deal with my storage myself. It's been pissing me off a lot lately and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Also, trying to make my way through the one Carl Barks set I have for duck stuff, the "Christmas" one, before the Fantagraphics sale pops up on Monday. Most of the way through "Christmas on Bear Mountain", and it's a bit of a mixed bag so far. Some great ones like the one I just got through about the whole skull reef thing and the one with Donald trying to get rid of solicitors, and then some kind of flat ones, and then a few that show these are really old through some pretty strong racism (the one where they go to Australia and have to deal with "savage bushmen" is a bit... yeah.) I don't know, it's definitely not as put together as Don Rosa's stuff way down the line, but the framework is there, it just needs to hit on solid ideas, which it sometimes can and sometimes can't. But to be fair I'm starting with the oldest book in the line so far, so I'd have to assume he improved over time to at least some degree...

Oh, and I don't really have any deeper thoughts on it, but I read through Lobster Johnson and it was really, really great, as one may expect.

Blue Lou

Does anyone have any recommendations for a comic/graphic novel that would be a good Christmas present for a 10 year old girl ? I'd prefer to give her something with more pages than the standard comic issue. She likes the (Andrew Garfield) Spiderman films and several other Marvel films so I was considering getting her a Spider-Gwen issue but thought she'd be better off with something more self-contained (and think it's unlikely she'd ever follow up with more because the nearest store selling them is the other side of a toll road and a river).

Owzers

Does anyone have any recommendations for a comic/graphic novel that would be a good Christmas present for a 10 year old girl ? I'd prefer to give her something with more pages than the standard comic issue. She likes the (Andrew Garfield) Spiderman films and several other Marvel films so I was considering getting her a Spider-Gwen issue but thought she'd be better off with something more self-contained (and think it's unlikely she'd ever follow up with more because the nearest store selling them is the other side of a toll road and a river).

what about something like Lumberjanes if we go non-capes? I think that's what people recommended last time with similar criteria.

Messi

Silk, she wont have to read the new series as she turns into an evil scumbag but the first trade is great and is pretty standalone.

ms marvel (kamala kahn)
lumberjanes
this one summer
unbeatable squirrel girl
batgil (cameron stewart babs tarr run)

PsychBat!

Banned
Silk, she wont have to read the new series as she turns into an evil scumbag but the first trade is great and is pretty standalone.

Yeah she massacres everyone on a train including ripping off heads and other limbs just to add to the shock factor this book is already infamous for. She is irredeemable and rightfully so.

Mindwipe

Gotham Academy?

Top Bottom