• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
A lot of the longevity I'm going to get from MGS5 is from retrying the same op over until I can do it sneaky lol

The structure's really close to PW, so you're better off pushing forward, taking what you can with, then coming back to those earlier missions with hella upgraded weapons.

The structure's really close to PW, so you're better off pushing forward, taking what you can with, then coming back to those earlier missions with hella upgraded weapons.

Oh, yeah, I found that out in the first mission.

I came back to it, tried to find some commander, interrogated a guy, and I'm like "what the fuck do you mean I can't speak Russian!?"

Messi

This Rick Remender podcast interview is fascinating to me. It's on 11 I clock comics this week. Thanks for recommending it Cheska.

Light week for me, Silk is the only ongoing I follow that comes out tomorrow. Guess I'll grab the next few issues of Omega Men.

Also manga but not comics, but I'll probably get Ninja Slayer Kills too.

edit: Oh yeah, I'll try Lady Killer too.

Messi

Light week for me, Silk is the only ongoing I follow that comes out tomorrow. Guess I'll grab the next few issues of Omega Men.

Also manga but not comics, but I'll probably get Ninja Slayer Kills too.

You don't buy Jem? I am hurt and disappointed

Everyone buy Lady Killer Vol 1 tomorrow please.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Damn work is DEAD tonight and I didn't load enough Saga or East of West onto my tablet for such a slow night. Guess I'll get a few extra issues of Fatale in. Things could be worse I suppose.

Gah, this onboarding process is taking forever. Was supposed to start Monday, but they keep pushing it back :(

Still have enough money for comics, tho!

Really surprised there isn't a Stargirl ongoing, she seems like the perfect character for DCYou. I suppose Babs is in kind of a similar role, but Stargirl would have been more true to character. How has justice league united been?

Ostrander's Suicide Squad tpb 1 reprint out today. Only new release I am interested in this week, so will have to include it in some future order.

What's a good website that keeps track of reprints? There's some old tp's I always want but they're never in stock. I was looking at JSA Golden Age, but chances of it being reprint seem slim unless something else promoting it comes out.

Another week another IST order:

SWEET TOOTH DELUXE ED HC BOOK 01
LAST DAYS OF AMERICAN CRIME HC
ALL NEW X-MEN HC VOL 02
AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN HC VOL 02

Good thing nothing I want comes out next week.

Also my order from last week hasn't shipped yet -__-

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What is this mgs5 everyone is talking about? Is that a secret diablo 3 greater rift?

Owzers

my zombie movie Extinction is disappointing me so i am now telling you this. "i'm going to go out and investigate, lock the door behind me." *waits" *other guy does the same thing to look for that guy. *waits* another guy goes out after because that guy had the guns and he needs it. Ahhhhhhhh.

Nudull

Banned
Judging from what I've heard so far, MGSV looks to be turning out as dumb as I expected. Oh well, more comic time for me! :D

MGS V hype matched! Loving it so far. My decision to take off work tomorrow and play MGS all day seems to be the correct choice

Also love seeing my friends list full of people playing MGS V

Avixph

.cbz is similar to .cbr. It'll run on whatever comic reader you have.
I only have Marvel Unlimited, so can you tell me what's the best comic reader app?
Also I noticed that the Valiant comics recommended reading list doesn't include the following comics from the bundle: [Quantum & Woody, Archer & Armstrong, Ninjak, The Valiant, Punk Mambo, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior, Doctor Mirage, Rai, The Delinquents, Divinity, IMPERIUM], so where in the recommended order do they go into?

I only have Marvel Unlimited, so can you tell me what's the best comic reader app?
Also I noticed that the Valiant comics recommended reading list doesn't include the following comics from the bundle: [Quantum & Woody, Archer & Armstrong, Ninjak, The Valiant, Punk Mambo, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior, Doctor Mirage, Rai, The Delinquents, Divinity, IMPERIUM], so where in the recommended order do they go into?

ComicRack works. There are quite a few of them floating around.

https://m.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/2h5r8s/drafting_a_valiant_tpbs_reading_order_need_second/

That covers the rest. Keep in mind, the reading order is very loose. You can pick up one book and just burn through that if you're really digging it. Obvious exceptions are Armor Hunters and stuff like Imperium that's a pseudo-sequel to Harbinger. They try to make new arcs and books as accessible as possible, so although you gain more by reading everything, it's not entirely necessary.

Avixph

ComicRack works. There are quite a few of them floating around.

https://m.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/2h5r8s/drafting_a_valiant_tpbs_reading_order_need_second/

That covers the rest. Keep in mind, the reading order is very loose. You can pick up one book and just burn through that if you're really digging it. Obvious exceptions are Armor Hunters and stuff like Imperium that's a pseudo-sequel to Harbinger. They try to make new arcs and books as accessible as possible, so although you gain more by reading everything, it's not entirely necessary.
Thank you so much.

So, FINALLY got around to watching Mad Max (twice in as many days!) and loved it to pieces. Fantastic movie. The bizarre wasteland culture just feels so well realized, the special lingo (shiny and chrome!) especially. I sort of get the complaints regarding Max being a sidekick, but I think they're misplaced; he's an important character as well, just less... vocal than Furiosa. I'd call him a Deuteragonist or Supporting Protagonist. Probably the latter, since Furiosa arguably has more of a role in dictating the direction of the plot, and Max fits the "conventional protagonist" part of the bill nicely.

PsychBat!

Banned
P9t38rS.jpg

Played Ground Zeroes and freed every prisoner, played all missions on both normal and hard, and got every single cassette tape. Didn't 100% it and don't plan to but other than that I'm ready for TPP.
Judging from what I've heard so far, MGSV looks to be turning out as dumb as I expected. Oh well, more comic time for me! :D

You say that like it's a bad thing. I want this final game to be an acid trip that I can try to make sense of it all when it's all said and done. Still sad about hearing some cut story parts though especially a super important one.

So, FINALLY got around to watching Mad Max (twice in as many days!) and loved it to pieces. Fantastic movie. The bizarre wasteland culture just feels so well realized, the special lingo (shiny and chrome!) especially. I sort of get the complaints regarding Max being a sidekick, but I think they're misplaced; he's an important character as well, just less... vocal than Furiosa. I'd call him a Deuteragonist or Supporting Protagonist. Probably the latter, since Furiosa arguably has more of a role in dictating the direction of the plot, and Max fits the "conventional protagonist" part of the bill nicely.

I'm glad a guy was barely the protagonist. It's about time. It made it such a better movie, a) because Furiosa is the absolute best ever and b) it gave Hardy so much more amazing fun subtle stuff to do.

In other news.

AAAAAAAA DAREDEVIL

What's a good website that keeps track of reprints? There's some old tp's I always want but they're never in stock. I was looking at JSA Golden Age, but chances of it being reprint seem slim unless something else promoting it comes out.

I just keep an eye on instocktrades' new releases on Tuesdays. DC and Marvel also put pdfs every few months that contain a list of upcoming trades/hardcovers/omnibuses. They are usually linked in this thread and covered in most comic blogs/websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom