• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between Rai and Bloodshot? Why do they have a Japanese flag motif?

They are different "people"; they also don't coexist in the same time, as Rai takes place in 4000 AD. However, there is a connection between the two, but it's best you read about it. It's kinda cool.

Those aren't in the Groupees: Valiant Comics Bundle #1, so can you give me a description (with images) of who they are?

Ivar is the Eternal Warrior's and Armstrong's brother. His shtick is that he's been walking through time "forever". BK is right, it's my #1 ongoing. It's fun, charming, and smart, all rolled into a beautiful package. There's no required reading to jump into that one.

Its a hideo kojima game
Expect the story to go ridiculous directions.

I know this, but I'm not sure that's what he meant

Tizoc

So, FINALLY got around to watching Mad Max (twice in as many days!) and loved it to pieces. Fantastic movie. The bizarre wasteland culture just feels so well realized, the special lingo (shiny and chrome!) especially. I sort of get the complaints regarding Max being a sidekick, but I think they're misplaced; he's an important character as well, just less... vocal than Furiosa. I'd call him a Deuteragonist or Supporting Protagonist. Probably the latter, since Furiosa arguably has more of a role in dictating the direction of the plot, and Max fits the "conventional protagonist" part of the bill nicely.

It's the best action movie of the past decade at least IMO.
The thing about Max is that throughout the movie he never gives his name, he only ever gives it at the end, this is to signify that he's accepted who is.
Furthermore, Furiosa and the Mothers couldn't have survived without him; Furiosa needed Max, but Max needed Furiosa as well.

Finished this today:

fc9f3e11ba95db015af8b0178eef8c60.jpg
Amazing. Probably my favorite Batman graphic novel thus far.

Yup, I think this is the first Batman TPB I read,, its awesome.

Avixph

They are different "people"; they also don't coexist in the same time, as Rai takes place in 4000 AD. However, there is a connection between the two, but it's best you read about it. It's kinda cool.

Ivar is the Eternal Warrior's and Armstrong's brother. His shtick is that he's been walking through time "forever". BK is right, it's my #1 ongoing. It's fun, charming, and smart, all rolled into a beautiful package. There's no required reading to jump into that one.

I know this, but I'm not sure that's what he meant

Thanks again.

Omega Men #4

Definitely a slower paced issue. Most of the time is spent doing backstory work for the setting, Rayner, and the Princess. I'm a smidge disappointed that they laid everything out so... cleanly. Very much runs against the "show, don't tell" thing the book's been doing thus far, though it manages to keep things interesting nevertheless. Also sets up a very intriguing mystery. Art was okay, but I'm gonna be glad to see the regular guy back.

Owzers

you are never really alone when you have comics-gaf in your heart.

Hmmmmm now that i think about it that's probably not true. Sorry!

E the Shaggy

I looked at the DC sales numbers for July.

Holy crap, they gotta be worried about that. It's way too soon to come back with yet another reboot, so more variant cover months I guess?

Ha ha, I got an email from my comic guy about the Death Vigil litho I asked for.

Good news. The lithograph has shown up on my invoice for next week's shipment. So, knowing Diamond, they still won't actually send it, but they'll be billing me for it, so that's progress! :D

Messi

Do you deal with customers at all or are you literally by yourself the whole time?

I work in a shop with very little business. After 6pm until 10pm I am likely to see 15 people. I don't work with other staff and my boss monitors camera's from home. I feel like a rabbit trapped in a cage :(

Well I couldn't see them turning it into a series, but as a one-shot Hank Johnson, Agent of HYDRA was pretty darn swell. I mean, sexual harassment from Madame Hydra, little league games with children of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents versus children of HYDRA agents, M.O.D.O.K. singing "Amazing Grace" at a funeral, the little gags here and there, the extraordinary beingthe mundane; all great stuff.

Messi

Well I couldn't see them turning it into a series, but as a one-shot Hank Johnson, Agent of HYDRA was pretty darn swell. I mean, sexual harassment from Madame Hydra, little league games with children of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents versus children of HYDRA agents, M.O.D.O.K. singing "Amazing Grace" at a funeral, the little gags here and there, the extraordinary beingthe mundane; all great stuff.

Yeah I really enjoyed it.

I work in a shop with very little business. After 6pm until 10pm I am likely to see 15 people. I don't work with other staff and my boss monitors camera's from home. I feel like a rabbit trapped in a cage :(

Yuck, that certainly does sound pretty damn awful.

Def Jukie

I've really been enjoying Remender's current books on Image and am ordering some stuff off IST. What's the consensus on the Crawl Space omnibus? Worth checking out?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
If you've been sleeping on Groot, you need to stop doing that, because it is fantastic. There's a page about 2/3rds of the way through that I thought was the best, but then the last page was even better.

So good, great art. I want Loveness to write way more books.

Owzers

The ending to Groot #1 really bugged me and kept me from continuing monthly in favor of MU. The whole
here groot, take my tiny little space pack and escape a SPACE SHIP with it in order to continue the story the way i want to

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The ending to Groot #1 really bugged me and kept me from continuing monthly in favor of MU. The whole
here groot, take my tiny little space pack and escape a SPACE SHIP with it in order to continue the story the way i want to

It's always funny to me where people draw lines when it comes to suspension of disbelief. I understand why that might bug you, but it's totally worth it for what comes next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom