• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are the Mary Jane loves Spider-Man books good? I have no idea what to expect, beside Hijinx... Has anyone read it? (Messi?)

Mudcrab

Weirdworld ongoing by Sam Humphries and Mike Del Mundo.

Weirdworld-1-Cover-37cdc.jpg

Hahaha

I just got fired

Cvnbpz7.gif

It doesn't suck. My job was terrible

Sucks to lose your job, but if you weren't happy maybe it was a good thing. Hope you get back on your feet soon, Messi.

Mad Max is really good fun so far. Also: SO PRETTY. My PC's barely breaking a sweat, but the game looks glorious. In a just world, all PC ports would be like this.

Crimson Empire audio drama added to the Star Wars bundle, so that and Hearthstone for a bit, then some Valiant later.

Tizoc

Must not click DD spoilers

Boogiepop

Oh man, Thor and the Warriors Four was a great little mini series. Shame that they apparently never put out a trade.
Edit: And now it's time to follow up with some crap. Time to finally read Axis! (Just going to read the main series and not the tie-ins, though, as tie-ins are usually better fits to read with their actual runs rather than the event, at least based on past experience...)

Tizoc

Oh man, Thor and the Warriors Four was a great little mini series. Shame that they apparently never put out a trade.
Edit: And now it's time to follow up with some crap. Time to finally read Axis! (Just going to read the main series and not the tie-ins, though, as tie-ins are usually better fits to read with their actual runs rather than the event, at least based on past experience...)

Gurihiru hasn't done much Marvel stuff lately but their PP minis were ace. Wish they could make new ones :/

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah. It wasn't anything crazy but it was a nice little story with some great art. In particular
Baby Ray Bill
is incredibly cute!
There is Trade on Ebay and its fucking expensive, but I would love tl read that, Power PackThor sounds like a great mix :D

VanWinkle

Just got Marvel 1602 by Neil Gaiman in the mail. Bought it from SF Goodwill for $0.46 plus shipping and it is in pretty much perfect condition.

Also, currently reading Kingdom Come and it is great.

Also, I got The Long Halloween in the mail today. Excited to read that one since it's known as quite the classic.

Also, I have discovered that I will likely never become a single issue buyer unless I buy bulk comics for cheap or something. As I'm reading these trades, I keep thinking about how short they feel, and how I'm knocking out one a day easily. So getting a single issue and reading it in like 15 minutes...yeah I don't think I could deal with that.

Owzers

I ended up buying Mad Max Fury Road blu ray, if i don't like it I will try to line up gamefly rentals so i have open slots for Avengers and Jurassic World next month as i failed to do so this time because apparently i'm going to keep Elder Scrolls Online forever without playing it. This will determine the future of all potential blind buys.

Also read some more of Atomic Robo vol 2 on my ipad, i feel like that doesn't count as comic reading because it's old, but i don't feel like reading anything lately....if it's an image book i'm interested in i don't want to read the first volume because if i like it i'd want to wait for the OHC and those are so far away what's the point? I have to reevaluate my comics agenda.

Also, I have discovered that I will likely never become a single issue buyer unless I buy bulk comics for cheap or something. As I'm reading these trades, I keep thinking about how short they feel, and how I'm knocking out one a day easily. So getting a single issue and reading it in like 15 minutes...yeah I don't think I could deal with that.

Heh.

This was probably discussed already, but I was just listening to the Comic Conspiracy podcast and they mentioned that the 9th issue of Secret Wars doesn't actually have new content. Instead it's just issues 7 and 8 split and stretched out. What the flying fuck. That is laaaaaaaaaaaame.

GRRM'ed.

or

Jacksoned.

Pick whichever phrase you prefer.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, Bendis' ego must be suffering after the dismantling of the MCU creative assembly. Maybe he will decide to go back to street characters, one can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom