• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

TheFlow

Banned
Bombshells #63:
This why Gif only reviews are so dumb. This guy might as well not posted because we learned nothing from his bombshell reading.

Like are we supposed to guess how the book made you feel? Stop being lazy and post some words, instead scrolling through google images.

Edit: who are you anyway? Lol now I gotta scroll through post of gifs because people just wanna piss off other people.

shingi70

Banned
This why Gif only reviews are so dumb. This guy might as well not posted because we learned nothing from his bombshell reading.

Like are we supposed to guess how the book made you feel? Stop being lazy and post some words, instead scrolling through google images.

Edit: who are you anyway? Lol now I gotta scroll post of gifs because people just wanna piss off other people.

Reads like the poster is indifferent about a reveal.

Army of Darkness/Xena: Forever & A Day #1 of 6
Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York #1 of 6
Champions #1
Death of X #1 of 4
Dungeons & Dragons #5
Harley Quinn #5
He-Man/Thundercats #1 of 6
Midnighter & Apollo #1 of 6
Revolution #2
Superman #8

Owzers

gif reviews are weird people, gifs should be used sparingly for emphasis, not as the main thing.

also, this Blizzard Hearthstone hero portrait stuff is garbage, i don't care THAT much because i don't play the game as much as i used to, but they are assholes with how they are handling extra stuff. New portrait is only obtainable if you have Amazon Prime and then try out Twitch prime, and for the non-americans a lot of countries are excluded from this.

gif reviews are weird people, gifs should be used sparingly for emphasis, not as the main thing.

also, this Blizzard Hearthstone hero portrait stuff is garbage, i don't care THAT much because i don't play the game as much as i used to, but they are assholes with how they are handling extra stuff. New portrait is only obtainable if you have Amazon Prime and then try out Twitch prime, and for the non-americans a lot of countries are excluded from this.

I got lucky, I had a friend on another forum with an Amazon Prime account who wanted Twitch Prime but doesn't play Hearthstone. Tyrande has been one of my favs since the RTS era, so I would have been really sad to miss out because of a service I can't even get in Ireland. I missed out on Khadgar entirely because I don't own any iOS devices (and an Android-only hero would be equally shitty).

I would totally get Twitch Prime if I could. A free sub to a channel every month is an awesome perk. Mine would likely go to Brian Kibler or Shadybunny.

But still:
FfjUosj.png

All's well that ends well.

I'm actually interested in that one, too. May grab it if my CMX shopping cart total isn't too lol this week.

This will be an unusually painful week for me. I had to trim my Marvel list down to a couple of new books I really want to read that are disconnected from ANAD. I'm not caught up with that stuff yet, so no point in pulling Champions and the like.

Insexts doesn't deserve to have its name muddied on this list.

You mean InSEXts, correct? I believe it's apropos to the central theme.

This is the kind of common sense, middle ground approach that we need
and I would never expect to see floated by crazed Trump supporter Silly Monkey.
A disjointed list of comic book titles and gifs is trash, but supplementing your review with a gif that captures your thoughts makes sense.

I think the key here is judicious use, and not trolling like the Bombshells review on last page. I'll continue to summarily dismiss those, as I'm guessing most posters do. So I'm not sure what the poster is trying to accomplish other than to showcase edgy irreverence.

Messi

soft.0.gif

Boogiepop

Man, just finally got around to reading the digital Spider-man trades I picked up that spanned that period from the "Big Time" one up until the start of Superior (which I already had/have read). And I just finished the second one, titled "Matters of Life and Death", and... that was a really nice little trade. The whole crazy
Spider-slayer attack leading up to that death and then the fall-out
all felt really well handled, and I quite enjoyed that. But yeah, still have plenty left to read of all this. Kind of wish that sale had actually extended back further, though, as this is still me jumping into the middle of Slott Spider-man, right?

Ha, reading Scott Snyder's twitter time line, and his response to what his favourite king novel is was the stand. I am so not surprised about this. It's really obvious that King is a huge huge influence in Snyder 's writing style and I think he shares a lot of Kings strengths (without hitting the same level of course), but in the stand he shares the same weakness.

The Stand is one of the few king novels where I find it a great tale, very good characters but it just goes on and on. I haven't read the original, only the extended edition that is the most available version these days so it's hard to say if the additions are worth it but it is very long and slow at times. So it kind of ironic Snyder would name that as his favourite Kong novel because it characterises probably my largest bone to pick with his batman run, which every story has to try and stretch to be an epic and takes two volumes to be told. Now I consider his bat run to be one of the very best superhero runs I've read full stop, so keep as context that this is more of an observation than a real complaint, but I did feel he overextended at times and it's kind of funny he picked that out.

He also notes that he found pet semetary the most scary and that definitely is a chilling book, the dark holes it goes down.

Not that I have the money for such a wonderful thing, but this Hellboy sculpture is gorgeous, probably one of the best I've ever seen. $300 is too rich for my veins, $380 plus shipping for niternational, but I know some of you are hardcore of this kind of stuff

That is nice, but it's only a maybe at that price. I'm not as big a Hellboy fan as some people.

Put the gif thing to a vote. if the majority says no more gif only reviews then put it in the community rules. that simple.

Here is my vote on the gif thing:

Rarity-GIF-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-35315759-640-360_zps4150ad31.gif

This will be an unusually painful week for me. I had to trim my Marvel list down to a couple of new books I really want to read that are disconnected from ANAD. I'm not caught up with that stuff yet, so no point in pulling Champions and the like.

man you could be getting mad because of a good game instead

Like Overwatch??

Overwatch is...something. It's so bad now that sometimes I get frustrated even when I win.

Sombra is only obtainable by subscribing to Green Lantern for a year.

Might as well make her unobtainable. Ain't nobody willing to pay that price.

I think the coolest part of reading old comics is when the issue just sort of drops something new that you know will be important for years to come.

Like how Black Widow's iconic costume actually just shows up in an issue of Spider-man

The-Black-Widow-tries-on-her-new-costume.jpg

Bonus hilarious classic widow costume:

tumblr_mvcs2ksvqH1rsus6so1_500.jpg

Messi

Anyone read Two Girls one Tank and are now reading Tank Girl Gold?

I love this shit. Parsons art is incredible.

Anyone read Two Girls one Tank and are now reading Tank Girl Gold?

I love this shit. Parsons art is incredible.

Last one I read was 21st Century Tank Girl, but was disappointed by how little of the art was done by Parsons. How much does he do in these books?

Yes me too. Characters with a story inside the book that can't equal how cool they look.

Haha oh dear. I'm not sure the joke quite works since I specifically mentioned cool things and not just representative but fair enough. I like both books for the record, can't judge batgirl rebirth though. The quote unquote dcyou run was a real highlight for me.

Unless I read that wrong and you mean amazing and not their own stories?

Haha oh dear. I'm not sure the joke quite works since I specifically mentioned cool things and not just representative but fair enough. I like both books for the record, can't judge batgirl rebirth though. The quote unquote dcyou run was a real highlight for me.

Unless I read that wrong and you mean amazing and not their own stories?

No i was goofing off and failed.

Owzers

I read a little more of deadly class vol 1 last night, watched snl, and today I baked an apple pie. I bet you guys were discussing what Valiant book would make the best movie trilogy.

The answer is archer and Armstrong starring the Rock and Kevin hart.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just watched episode 1 of Luke Cage.

Fantastic.

The
sex scene
was awkward watching, as I was sat watching with my mam.

Misty Knight
tho <3

#ReadHellboy#HellbOctober#Hellboy3#GetItTogetherGuillermo

I could get behind this, especially the hellboy 3 part. #jumpinguillermos

Have you/anyone saw the stuff about his new movie btw, the shape of water? Sounds very abe sapien-ish, about a misunderstood fish man, with Doug Jones involved. He said he specifically went after a production size and budget similar to pans labyrinth so he could have the same creative freedom. Basically a dream come true.

Still, no hellboy 3. Never hellboy 3.

I could get behind this, especially the hellboy 3 part. #jumpinguillermos

Have you/anyone saw the stuff about his new movie btw, the shape of water? Sounds very abe sapien-ish, about a misunderstood fish man, with Doug Jones involved. He said he specifically went after a production size and budget similar to pans labyrinth so he could have the same creative freedom. Basically a dream come true.

Still, no hellboy 3. Never hellboy 3.
I'll have to check it out. I'm mostly upset about HB3 because they left potential plot threads dangling in HB2 that I want to see pan out.

I'll have to check it out. I'm mostly upset about HB3 because they left potential plot threads dangling in HB2 that I want to see pan out.

Haha it doesn't bother me too much. I really want guillermo to work as much original stuff as he can, and I took the HB movies as a nice bonus over the comics but I know what you mean. They were on an upward trajectory too, and you'd think in today's world of superhero movies it'd have a nice shot. More likely to see a reboot if we see one again. The animated movies they did afterwards were pretty neat!

Top Bottom