• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Sandfox

Crying? By calling out your misguided finger pointing? Okay. I'm 35 and will continue to comport myself as an adult.

I don't care for All-New X-Men at all. This book stinks. Are there any good X books? I feel I know the answer to this question.

Opinions on the team books seem to be more mixed, but the Wolverine books are good.

Messi

Wait, why ARENT we spoiler tagging stuff?

At least for 3 days - 1 week until after they've released?

I asked some people to have the common courtsey not to post stuff like "Saga #56, oh man so so sad :( . At least my boy Ghuus and Hazel are still ok." untagged and apparently that is too much to ask. I don't care if they post it, all I wanted was for them to click the spoiler button.

This
"Saga #56, oh man so so sad :( . At least my boy Ghuus and Hazel are still ok."
vs
"Saga #56,
oh man so so sad :( . At least my boy Ghuus and Hazel are still ok
."

Is the second version so difficult for the week or so that we use for major spoilers? Not that we follow the other rule anyway. Everytime something legit big happens people here gleefully spoil it by skirting the rules. Case and point Deadly Class #21. We were all very clear about what happened before reading that book because of peoples responses.

I don't care for All-New X-Men at all. This book stinks. Are there any good X books? I feel I know the answer to this question.

Well I got recommended extraordinary x-men as "it's not total shit like the other two" and old man logan. As a big fan of Lemire's independent stuff I was pretty unimpressed (first arc of each). Be it the trade collections slightness or just Lemire ' s ability to either blown the doors off or completely underwhelm when handling another property, I wouldn't recommend these two. I'd just save the money and go buy descender and black hammer or something. Can't speak for the rest but some folks really enjoy all new wolverine.

TheFlow

Banned
I asked some people to have the common courtsey not to post stuff like "Saga #56, oh man so so sad :( . At least my boy Ghuus and Hazel are still ok." untagged and apparently that is too much to ask. I don't care if they post it, all I wanted was for them to click the spoiler button.

This
vs
"Saga #56,
."

Is the second version so difficult for the week or so that we use for major spoilers? Not that we follow the other rule anyway. Everytime something legit big happens people here gleefully spoil it by skirting the rules. Case and point Deadly Class #21. We were all very clear about what happened before reading that book because of peoples responses.
Yea the one week rule should really be enforced

Bruh he sent me to seagate.

Point of order, I did not. I'm not a mod. I did notify one that I was being harassed and they handled it. If you prefer to blame me for that outcome instead of reflecting on what you did that led to your banning, so be it.

For the record, I've buried any grudge or ill feelings toward you a looong time ago. I think you're a good member in this community, and your, "I'll do as I please" attitude doesn't bug me like it may others.

I'm here to talk comics.

Opinions on the team books seem to be more mixed, but the Wolverine books are good.

I've read every All-New Wolverine on MU and love that book. I was thinking team stuff, but they seem to be buried.

Well I got recommended extraordinary x-men as "it's not total shit like the other two" and man logan. As a big fan of Lemire's independent stuff I was pretty unimpressed. Be it the trade collections slightness or just Lemire ' s ability to either blown the doors off or completely underwhelming when handling another property, I wouldn't recommend this two. I'd just save the money and go buy descender and black hammer or something. Can't speak for the rest but some folks really enjoy all new wolverine.

I'm on MU, so I might give it a look. That's not the Greg Lands tracefest book, is it?

Messi

Yea the one week rule should really be enforced

Knowing that an issue is going to be sad ect sets up the reader and robs them of experiencing it the way you did. Its annoying but in the end nothing major. These are only comic books, its not the end of the world.

TheFlow

Banned
Point of order, I did not. I'm not a mod. I did notify one that I was being harassed and they handled it. If you prefer to blame me for that outcome instead of reflecting on what you did that led to your banning, so be it.

For the record, I've buried any grudge or ill feelings toward you a looong time ago. I think you're a good member in this community, and your, "I'll do as I please" attitude doesn't bug me like it may others.

I'm here to talk comics.

I've read everyone All-New Wolverine on MU and love that book. I was thinking team stuff, but they seem to be buried.

I'm on MU, so I might give it a look. That's not the Greg Lands tracefest book, is it?
You might as well be writing Chinese

TheFlow

Banned
Knowing that an issue is going to be sad ect sets up the reader and robs them of experiencing it the way you did. Its annoying but in the end nothing major. These are only comic books, its not the end of the world.
Yea I will take blame for that. Let's see how this week goes. Everyone knows what the problems are so hopefully we keep it smooth on Wednesay

That's a no. It's Ramos instead....:D the art on old man logan is legitimately great, that's Sorrentino and I would perhaps say with that book, they literally only collected 4 issues, so the big problem with that was it barely got running, I'm personally not decided there yet. Extraordinary, well, let me know what you think if you do read it ha

Bruh now is a good time now that marvel is relaunching some books. I rarely play games now that I got into comics

I don't blame you; I started getting back into video games again this past summer. Started Forza Horizon 3 and despite the technical mess, it's a fun and beautiful game.

I don't have a choice. Writing about video games is my day job! Hell, Forza Horizon 3 was my last review right before Telltale Batman. Doing Civ 6 preview stuff and Pit People right now.

Nah. All-New Wolverine. Maybe Old Man Logan. The team books are boring at best.

That's a no. It's Ramos instead....:D the ar ton old man logan is legitimately great, and I would perhaps say with that book, they literally only collected 4 issues, so the big problem with that was it barely got running, I'm personally not decided there yet. Extraordinary, well, let me know what you think if you do read it ha

I love Ramos.

I bought Two Girls One Tank and the first issue of Tank Girl Gold. Let's see how it goes.

Sounds like I missed a title for my themed list.

Sandfox

Ms. Marvel

This event is tearing one of my favorite books apart.

BENDIS YOU FUCK

I would blame G. Willow Wilson before Bendis, though I can see what she and Marvel are trying to do with the character.

I'm here to talk comics.

I've read every All-New Wolverine on MU and love that book. I was thinking team stuff, but they seem to be buried.

From what I've seen the opinions on the team books vary greatly so you may just need to sample them on MU. All-New Wolverine is good like you said, and Old Man Logan is one of the best books Marvel is putting out.

Also, with Uncanny X-Men people seem to think it looks better than some of Land's other recent books, but that's not saying much.

VanWinkle

This
vs
"Saga #56,
."

Proper one, in my opinion, would be:

Saga #56, oh man so so sad :( .
At least my boy Ghuus and Hazel are still ok.

TheFlow

Banned
I don't have a choice. Writing about video games is my day job! Hell, Forza Horizon 3 was my last review right before Telltale Batman. Doing Civ 6 preview stuff and Pit People right now.

Nah. All-New Wolverine. Maybe Old Man Logan. The team books are boring at best.
Woah that is one of the Best jobs. Getting paid to write about what you love

When is this terry Moore books starting? I am not missing this one

Motor Girl? November 30th.

sep161164.jpg

Foofaraw

You need to get back into reviewing some comics on USGamer. And be on Axe of the Blood God all of the time.

Just cherry picking my favorite line out of your Rebirth review.

The first problem is that Watchmen was a complete tale and has little place in the DC Universe. Creator Alan Moore has said as much and I tend to agree with him. It's a deconstruction of superheroes; adding it back into the DC Universe sort of misses the point, like trying to graft Neon Genesis Evangelion bits back into normal mecha shows Mobile Suit Gundam or Space Runaway Ideon.

This guy gets it.

I read The Oath last night. That's some good comics. I need to start reading Tomb of Dracula for my spooky October reads.

I'm going to try and pretend everyone isn't having serious issues using a simple tag on new releases. Just spoiler everything for at least the week of with the name of the issue in front. Easy peasy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That Kamala looks amazing. Who is that? Any work I would have seen?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Power Man and Iron Fist.

Get it.

Runaways Secret Wars.

At least the art was nice.

What the fuck thats the PM & IF artist? I would never have guessed that, no wonder I love it.

Edit: oh I can totally see the SW Runaways tho.

Ross61

Avengers vs X-Men was so shitty man. Like it started okay, then became so shitty that I didn't even bother to finish it. It devolved into some highlander shit once the Phoenix was reintroduced. Didn't they try to teach Hope King-Fu or something once she lost the Phoenix Force.

Slight challenge for us comic gaffers.

A friend of mine here in Japan really wants to get into American comics but she doesn't know where to start. Especially with the fairly popular Harley Quinn from SS that released here the other week.

So what are some good stories that you guys recommend? Maybe one focused on Harley, but she is more interested in learning about the bigger named heroes. AHHH and Wonder Woman! When I was showing her various heroes she took a shine to Wonder Woman especially and wants to read her stuff. Female hero storylines or series would be welcome. She definitely wanted to know more about them when she realized there were more than she thought. Like... Birds of Prey, if any of their recent runs were good.

Her English level is pretty good but wanted to read the actual comics over watching and listening to the animated versions. So maybe something not too... filled with sciency nonsense/made up words as much as possible. Hopefully the compilations/completed story arc.

Was thinking:
Killing Joke (duh)
Green Lantern: Blackest Night (I LIKE IT OK! and I actually have it sitting in my house so easy for her to borrow)
.... Then I'm drawing a blank honestly.

Like I said I don't want to overwhelm her with the nonsense that comes with trying to get into American super heroes and GL is definitely that edge imo.

If anyone has a recommendation storyline for Wonder Woman (more recent would be good... because I want to catch up too lol, I kept up til about issue 20 in new 52 but lost interest), Justice League, Batman, ect.

Ahh and Marvel is fine too, but I have been keeping up more with DC in recent years so I have 0 clue what they are up too in their comics recently.

Messi

Don't buy her Killing Joke

Buy her Mad Love by Dini and Timm for Harley. Gotham City Sirens by Dini is a a great completed run.

Top Bottom