• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Game Pass: Neon White, Flock, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2, and More

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Coming-Soon_7.2.2024-ba299b402050c6b8131c-1536x864.jpg

Coming Soon

Journey to the Savage Planet (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 3
Making a return to the Game Pass library! As an employee of Kindred Aerospace, the 4th best interstellar exploration company, explorers are dropped onto an uncharted, far-off rock filled with danger, mystery and many smelly alien creatures. You’ll have to explore, fight, jump, scavenge, craft and explode your way across an uncharted world to determine if this strange planet is fit for human habitation.

NASB2-82ece02c91273eb8ed21.jpg
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 3
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 lets you duke it out with the biggest and best fighting character roster yet! Choose your favorite brawlers, master their unique move sets, and use all-new powerful Supers to land the finishing blow with friends or across a unique, roguelike player campaign!

Cricket 24 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 9
Cricket 24 is the culmination of a decade of Cricket video game development and includes teams from every corner of the globe. Players will be able to take on major cricket nations including Australia and England in the official courses at Ashes, West Indies, New Zealand, Ireland and more, plus for the first time ever, professional Indian T20 teams, all set in over 50 detailed official stadiums.

The Case of the Golden Idol (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 9
Mayhem, magic, and murder most foul! Examine clues and use your powers of deduction to solve the twisted mystery of a family’s cursed inheritance and a series of grisly deaths in this point-and-click detective adventure game.

NeonWhite-3ea8bda70b36500bfbf6.jpg
Neon White (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 11
A lightning fast first-person action game about exterminating demons in Heaven. You are White, an assassin handpicked from Hell to compete with other demon slayers for a chance to live permanently in Heaven. The other assassins seem familiar, though… did you know them in a past life?

Tchia (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – July 11
Climb, glide, swim, and sail your boat around a beautiful archipelago as you explore a physics-driven sandbox. The Xbox version includes the game’s latest update which includes eight new soul melodies, new outfits, and additional perks for wearing matching cosmetic items.

MagicalDelicacy-670703e028092f97655c.jpg
Magical Delicacy (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 16
Available on day one with Game Pass!
A wholesome pixel art platformer. Cook magical delicacies from a vast collection of ingredients in your own shop. Explore an unfamiliar town and deliver tasty treats to the townsfolk. Learn new ways to traverse, discover secrets, and experience a unique witchy world.

Flock (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 16
Available on day one with Game Pass!
Flock is a multiplayer co-op game about the joy of flight and collecting adorable flying creatures with your friends. Soar through beautiful landscapes, seeking out rare and elusive creatures to add to your flock.

In Case You Missed It

Wartales (Xbox One) – Available now
Wartales is now available on Xbox One, in addition to cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S! Wartales is an open world RPG in which you lead a group of mercenaries in their search for wealth across a massive medieval universe. Explore the world, recruit companions, collect bounties, and unravel the secrets of the tombs of the ancients.

DLC / Game Updates

Palworld_Sakurajima-058c4da3dd93a5044140.jpg
Palworld: Sakurajima Update – Available now
The first major update, “Sakurajima Update”, is here! Explore a new island, encounter tons of new Pals and subspecies, challenge yourself with a new raid and tougher bosses! You can enjoy the new level cap and more content! Play solo or join your friends on dedicated Xbox servers!

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

EA Sports FC 24: Supercharge Pack – Available now
Build your dream squad!Ultimate members get the EA Sports FC 24 Supercharge Pack with 11 Rare Gold Players and a Team of the Seasons Loan Player Pick.

Warframe: Wake Up Tenno Bundle – Available now
Awaken as an unstoppable warrior and battle alongside your friends in this story-driven action game. The Wake Up Tenno Bundle perk enhances your arsenal with valuable amenities like an Orokin Reactor and Orokin Catalyst, 3 Day Affinity and Credit Boosters, and more. Plus, you can bolster your look with the impressive Excalibur Immortal Skin!

The Elder Scrolls Online: 10-Year Anniversary Pack #2 – Available now
The celebration of The Elder Scrolls Online continues with another 10-Year Anniversary Pack for players to enhance their gameplay! This bundle includes 1x Skill Respecification Scroll and 3x Gold Coast Experience Scrolls.

Leaving July 15

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, so remember to pick up where you left off before they go! You can also save up to 20% off your purchase to keep them in your library.

• Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Figment 2: Creed Valley (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (PC)
  • TOEM (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Wandering Village (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Only thing that's depressing is not having gyro to play Neon White. Game is a stone cold masterpiece of the highest order, but it's insanely fast and I can't imagine playing it on just dual sticks. I already beat it on Switch, but if they ever come out with that new controller it would be an immediate double dip for me for the improved graphics. OST is world class as well. Highly recommended.

Pretty solid 2 weeks. Case of the Golden Idol was on many GOTY lists when it first came out on PC and I've wanted it ever since. Fantastic. Tchia looked decent, so trying it on the sub is nice. Magical Delicacy looks decent. Flock is Annapurna so I'll at least try it, if it has single player. Journey to the Savage Planet is pretty old now so not an amazing add, but I've never tried it.

Not bad, especially considering we know that the rest of July is going to be bonkers (Flintlock, Dungeons of Hinterberg, Kunitsu-Gami).

Last edited:

adamsapple

Neon White is landing on Xbox finally, and on Game Pass to boot. Lovely!

Also never played Curse of the Golden Idol but heard a lot of it, time to check it out.

Great line up. Heard good thing about Neon White and Golden Idol. Golden Idol being a Point and Click type of game is right down my alley.

Last edited:

Antwix

Sad that Frostpunk 2 got delayed. I was looking forward to playing that later this month. Oh well, hopefully it'll come out better.

Bridges

I'd have been all over Nick All-Stars if not for Multiversus. As it stands I only have bandwidth for one Smash clone.

Journey to the Savage Planet is an amazing game, I highly encourage everyone to check it out. It deserves a sequel

Is it the little girl Zelda game that launched on the ps+? I never got around to playing it. It must have bombed if it needed game pass as well.
It’s a little like Zelda. Has wind walker kinda sailing. But it has different/unique combat and teaches you about the real people of that island.

adamsapple

Cricket '24 just in time for the massively disappointing T20 world cup.

Schmick

I love cloud, I don't have to install any of these and I can play them instantly.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Neon White on Xbox is off to some great reviews.

ComingSoon.net
8.5 / 10.0
Jul 10, 2024
The new Neon White Xbox port is definitely worth checking out for those who missed the unique shooter platformer or those who want to give it another go and try to better their level times.
Read full review

CGMagazine
9 / 10.0
Jul 10, 2024
Fashionably two years late to its own Xbox debut party, Neon White doesn't make as big of a splash as its original PC port and brings no noticeable gameplay or visual enhancements to the table. However, it remains a high-quality game, and its Day One inclusion in Xbox Game Pass still warrants giving it a try.
Read full review

XboxEra
8.3 / 10.0
Jun 10, 2024
Neon White features incredible gameplay and some of the best “one more try” levels in recent memory. It’s so fun to play that it can’t be brought down by its poor story. It is worth a purchase or Game Pass download, especially if you’ve got some friends to compete with on the leaderboards
Read full review

Pimpollo818

my 2 cents:

Neon White is an amazing surprise. I paid for it during some Steam sale and had a blast. I didn't care for the story, don't let that sour you on it, the gameplay is fantastic. Great music and I definitely felt encouraged to keep going for better scores.

Journey 2 Savage Planet: I gave it an honest shot and was rooting for it as I saw it was likened to Metroid Prime, but I never felt like I was ever in danger, the combat didn't feel good, and I ended up dropping it after 2 hours or so.

Punished Miku

Neon White is so fun. Definitely going to end up replaying this whole thing.

I'm on level 4 and I'm definitely slower without gyro. Normally I'm sprinting full speed while turning in the air and landing all shots without any need to slow down.

Last edited:

acm2000

The controls in neon white are pretty bad, or rather the lack of deadzone in the camera movement.

Tchia is a surprised, a real relaxing open world explorer, makes you so chilled you could shit ice cubes.

Oh and you can possess a pigeon and shit on people, developers... that's how you win me over.

Last edited:

calistan

Got to the town in Tchia and will probably give up there. I liked the early Moana vibe but it's so janky - there are dolphins flopping around halfway up a mountain.

Had fun throwing dogs into the sea and watching them scoot across the water like little canine jetskis.

bender

What time is it?
Got to the town in Tchia and will probably give up there. I liked the early Moana vibe but it's so janky - there are dolphins flopping around halfway up a mountain.

Had fun throwing dogs into the sea and watching them scoot across the water like little canine jetskis.

It's a little ...or a lot too ambitious and the whole is lesser than the sum of the parts which is shame as it has a lot of heart and charm.

splattered

Played like 5 or 6 levels of Neon White starting over to get better medals and stuff. I mean the game is ok... feels and looks janky like an old psx game. It's a good game but I'm prob bot gonna bother to obsessively play these levels trying to get ace medals and presents.

Punished Miku

Played like 5 or 6 levels of Neon White starting over to get better medals and stuff. I mean the game is ok... feels and looks janky like an old psx game. It's a good game but I'm prob bot gonna bother to obsessively play these levels trying to get ace medals and presents.
That really is the whole game though. The fun is finding out how to slightly tweak your jump or path to shave a few seconds off. And luckily, most runs are literally 20-30 seconds with an instant restart so it's painless. If you get the gold medal you can follow the little floating hand thing that shows you some hints for other shortcuts.

The way I see it, speedrunning games is a very niche part of the gaming community that I've never been interested in. I see those weird competitions or charity events and sometimes glance at it. This is a game made to kind of walk you through the culture of speedrunning and how they look at a level in new ways to find new paths. It's unique in that way and worth experiencing if you have the interest.

Finding the presents was mostly just relaxing since time doesn't matter. Was like Mario 64 or something.

Top Bottom