• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

jGPj3g9.png

Developer: Spike Chunsoft
Publisher: Atlus (NA/EU)
Platforms: Nintendo 3DS and Playstation Vita
Release date: April 15, 2014

What is Conception II?

There are monsters plaguing this world. You are a Disciple who has been chosen to fight with a team of heroines. At times like these, guns and swords are not enough. Join your heroines in a ritual called "Classmating" to produce "Star Children" to fight in the Pandora Labyrinth.

Battle System

Siliconera said:
LvjYeFN.jpg

Enemies are visible on the field in Conception II. The visible monsters are shown in three different colors of blue, purple and red, with blue being the weakest and red the toughest. The moment your character touches a monster, it will automatically initiate the battle. If the monster is blue, the monster will be defeated right away without going into battle.

j4N249g.jpg

The battle system, called “Turn-based Positioning Battle”, is where you’ll be fighting enemies from a 360 degree angle. Each monster will have a certain side they’re weak to, and you’ll be able to attack from the front, back, left and right. As seen in the image above, there will be arrows during your turn, with a different colored arrow indicating the enemy’s positional weakness. Conception II’s battle is turn-based, but getting things done in a timely manner will have an effect on the turns of your allies and foes.

33FOb47.jpg

Attacking an enemy will fill up the Over Chain Gauge. Once it’s filled enough, it will put the monster in a “chained” effect, which will slow it down until its next turn. Additionally, hitting a chained monster will grant you bonus money and experience points. Maxing out the Over Chain Gauge will cause all enemies to be in a chained effect and it’ll also give you a chance for a combo bonus.

pl7pHfm.jpg

The Ether Gauge is the circular part seen on the bottom-right of the screen. There are four stages (from 0 to 3) and can be increased in different ways— such as defeating enemies, attacking an enemy from where they’re about to attack, and other specific conditions. The higher your Ether Gauge level is, the higher your speed becomes. It will also make it easier to fill you Over Chain Gauge and also add to your combos. However, if there’s anything that lowers it once it reaches level 3, it will instantly drop back to level 0.

The Heroines of Conception II
hLbGyyu.png

Meet Narika
Meet Ellie
Meet Chloe
Meet Fuuko
Meet Torri
Meet Feene
Meet Serina

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

Pre-order Conception II and you'll get a soundtrack CD and a collector's box!
jq6VCSd.jpg

Get five weapons FREE for the first month with the Disciple Weapon Pack! After the first month the pack will still be available for a small fee.

Are you a Danganronpa fan? On 5/6/2014 you can fight the principal of Hope's Peak Academy in the Monokuma Strikes DLC! Not satisfied with beating him once? Download the Monokuma's Revenge DLC on 5/13/2014!

t735ifX.jpg

On the fence? Download the Conception II demo from PSN/Eshop!

Remember: Use the spoiler tags! Have fun classmating!

Ellie is the best girl

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Whoa didn't know there was Danganronpa based DLC for this. Neat.

Will be the 2nd best game of April after Demon's Gaze. Good month for the Vita!

Flarin

The demo totally sold me on the game.

It's rather shallow overall, but it has this strangely addicting nature to it in the same vein of Harvest Moon and the Atelier games. There's a certain flow to it that's just fun.

Looking forward to meeting all the waifus in the full game.

bigkrev

If you were unhappy with the 3DS demo, I urge you to try the Vita one.

If you had told me I was going to be buying this day 1 a year ago I would have laughed at you, but now I'm pumped

Ryuukan

The demo totally sold me on the game.

It's rather shallow overall, but it has this strangely addicting nature to it in the same vein of Harvest Moon and the Atelier games. There's a certain flow to it that's just fun.

Looking forward to meeting all the waifus in the full game.

It's actually a lot like this other Japanese high school game that I'm prohibited from mentioning

WfZ2CZY.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey alright, release date for the Monokuma DLC!

I'll probably pre-order this at GS, considering I'll have the credit & gift cards to get it, plus hopefully the OST bonus will be good (PLEASE have the battle theme from the Vita demo & that silly "Congratulations on your new arrival" song), though I probably won't be able to get too deep into it until next month when the college semester is over.

& yeah, as mentioned above, the Vita demo >>>> 3DS demo. Vita one is the actual prologue that fills you in more about the story and the mechanics, plus the graphics, framerate, etc. is just better.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
1. How long is the game?

2. How much does this game pull from the first one, storywise?

It's 26-40 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (or 40-60 hours if you want to use traditional time units)

It takes 0% of the first game's story. I think there *might* be some inside references to the first one, but from what I've heard from our production team, it's completely stand-alone storywise.

I loved the demo, it isn't the greatest RPG i've played but it's light hearted and fun and I love the writing and character interactions.

It's just something that I really want in a game right now and I'm gonna get it digitally day 1.

3DS demo still served as a nice little sampler. Found myself protective of the munchkins in battle. One time in demo I was actually wincing that the kids were about to get walloped but was relieved to see the attack hit me and Torri instead lol.

Getting this but delayed pre-order on slight chance I might get the Vita revision. Whim fading on that, though.

Update: nm, I'll be content with the 3DS version, pre-ordered at Amazon

Oh cool, Monokuma DLC~

Wonder if it is voiced and if it is, did Atlus used Monokuma's VA.

Either way, looking forward to playing this!

Gbraga

Still need to meet the other girls that weren't present in the Vita demo, but so far Fuuko is best girl <3

I need this game in my life, so excited now!

It's 26-40 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (or 40-60 hours if you want to use traditional time units)

It takes 0% of the first game's story. I think there *might* be some inside references to the first one, but from what I've heard from our production team, it's completely stand-alone storywise.

Nice :D. Pre-ordering just based on the OP ;).

Top Bottom