• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

Finalow

qlnrY3k.gif

T3svZLN.jpg
bought.

I'm interested in this game and have been since it first got on my radar a few months ago - but I guess I'll have to try the demo and see if it's accessible enough for me. I pre-ordered and then cancelled just because I'm on the fence. If the demo reels me in, I'll be psyched for another Vita JRPG.

I posted a thread on this and it was recommended that I ask here, so:

I just pre-ordered and then cancelled this on Amazon because it's sort of stretching my budget to get both the hard copy of Trials on PS4 and Conception II on Vita.

I fell in love with P4G on Vita and am really looking for another quirky JRPG with 'demons' or 'personas' or whatever once again. Honestly, I really wish I could play P4G again for the first time. That said, I can't really get a feeling for what to expect of Conception II. Guiltily, I really fell for the mild waifu 'back in high school' feeling of P4G - so the waifu-ishness of Conception II does the opposite of turning me off. I just don't know what the game will be like and whether I can expect to get the feels I got from P4G.

Can someone give me some sort of idea what to expect from Conception II? JRPGs were really my thing back in the PS1 days (and even before - Dragon Warrior and Shining in the Darkness broke me into the genre), but going back - I find FFVII hard to get back into after all this time.

vocab

Nice writeup Q. I'm not gonna day 1 this, but I'm a little more interested. It might be something I pick up later down the line because my backlog is a mountain. Interested in your final impressions whenever that may be.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man these battles in the demo are hella boring.

I played the demo LOL What is up with this game?

Music: "I just wanna make love to you" with a sleazy sounding guy and some girl who you know is gonna be making F1 car sounds any minute. Tits are sown and fade to black.

Cut to the next scene and: Music: "Congraduraaaaations, on yo new alival!!" and a baby help you fight monsters.

W.T.F Japan??
Yo this was easily the best part of the demo. I love when games are wacky and just go all the way with the production in it. I need a confirmed interesting variety of monsters though because damn those battles were dry and the framerate was like repeated smacks to the face. You can't go all SMT/EO battle frequency without SMT/EO battle quality.

Effect

Glad I played the demo for this first. For some reason I was willing to preorder the game unseen. That's not going to happen now. I like how the game looks and even the idea behind it. However the star children running around calling the older characters mom and dad is just weirding me out. I'm all for really Japanese games, especially rpgs (love SMT 4, Code of Princess, etc) but I think I might have found a limit, at least on one front. I also did not expect the multiple teams in combat either. That's way to much potential inventory and equipment management. I don't have time for that.

Ryuukan

Glad I played the demo for this first. For some reason I was willing to preorder the game unseen. That's not going to happen now. I like how the game looks and even the idea behind it. However the star children running around calling the older characters mom and dad is just weirding me out. I'm all for really Japanese games, especially rpgs (love SMT 4, Code of Princess, etc) but I think I might have found a limit, at least on one front. I also did not expect the multiple teams in combat either. That's way to much potential inventory and equipment management. I don't have time for that.

"I can't buy this game guys, its too much game for me"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, forgot this comes out tomorrow. Need to figure out a good time to pick up my copy. Can't wait to (hopefully) add another game OST to my collection to listen in the car.

Edit: English trophy list is up, it seems. Seems grindy, but doable. Doesn't seem to be any spoilers, save for the one gold trophy at the very bottom which states there's a
harem/all girls
ending.

bigkrev

Got a text that my copy will be ready to pickup tommorrow. Probably won't even get a chance to pick it up with my hectic schedule right now though

Rarutos

Edit: English trophy list is up, it seems. Seems grindy, but doable. Doesn't seem to be any spoilers, save for the one gold trophy at the very bottom which states there's a
harem/all girls
ending.

I wonder if transferring the demo save will prevent you from getting trophies like "make your first star child" or "defeat your first enemy" unless it's not going to transfer exactly where you left off or something.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if transferring the demo save will prevent you from getting trophies like "make your first star child" or "defeat your first enemy" unless it's not going to transfer exactly where you left off or something.
Hmm, good point. Not to mention all the "See all of heroine's events" ones. I did see that there was a gallery or something that kept track of your percentage of seeing all the events relating to a person & such during the demo.

Perhaps some will unlock as soon as you start the game? Part of me feels like starting over just in case. Anyone able to confirm what happens trophy-wise when you get the full game & use the demo save file to start Chapter 1?

Tohsaka

I checked the GameFAQs board for the game, and someone who got it early said that he didn't get some of the trophies retroactively upon resuming his demo save in the full game. I'm going to just start over I think to play it safe.

FluxWaveZ

I checked the GameFAQs board for the game, and someone who got it early said that he didn't get some of the trophies retroactively upon resuming his demo save in the full game. I'm going to just start over I think to play it safe.

Ugh, what a pain.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that's....weird. I mean, I'm still glad I got to check out the demo & it was rather lengthy, but having to redo some of it & deal with skipping some cutscenes/tutorials is gonna be annoying.

Did he still get the ones like "defeat your first enemy" on the full game after getting to the next dungeon?

Tohsaka

Well that's....weird. I mean, I'm still glad I got to check out the demo & it was rather lengthy, but having to redo some of it & deal with skipping some cutscenes/tutorials is gonna be annoying.

Did he still get the ones like "defeat your first enemy" on the full game after getting to the next dungeon?

This is the thread I was talking about. The guy said that the only trophy that popped was the one for beating the first dusk circle. I obviously can't confirm whether or not that's going to be the case for everyone, but I'm going to just start over in the full game tomorrow anyway to be on the safe side.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is the thread I was talking about. The guy said that the only trophy that popped was the one for beating the first dusk circle. I obviously can't confirm whether or not that's going to be the case for everyone, but I'm going to just start over in the full game tomorrow anyway to be on the safe side.
Weird, I guess I'll have to see for myself when I pick it up tomorrow after class.

& wait, there's pre-order DLC? Or rather, based on the wording on Atlus' site, the Disciple Weapon Pack is free for the first month. Though wow, I had no idea there was a bunch of other DLC aside from the Monokuma one coming next month. Nice to see there'll be a free quest each week leading up to the two Monokuma related ones. Wonder what the alt costumes are.

Arthos

Any reviews up yet? I'm interested in picking this one up but I still have a huge Vita backlog. Might just get it anyways for the support.

Velcro Fly

Downloading the demo now. I might download it on both to see how it goes. Guessing you can transfer progress in either version?

atomsk

Party Pooper
Still waiting on gamefly to ship. Usually they'll get games out on the day before release (so usually monday), but right now the site says the 16th

Will give it a good 10 hours before I decide if I want to buy it or not, as I know most of my game time in the next few months will be eaten up by Trials Fusion

Top Bottom