• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

Beat the game myself and enjoyed it for what it was. Hate that I fell into the habit of using only one girl in battle, Chloe, after a while. Got all the endings and loved Serina and Fuuka's the best out of all the endings. If there's ever a sequel I'd definitely pick it up.

FluxWaveZ

Finally beat the game. Almost despaired for a bit because I realized a lot of my Star Children had reached their max level of 41-47 a while back when I had been grinding and I never noticed, making me fear that I'd have to make new ones and take time leveling them up.

It worked out, though. Beat the final boss with Wake at level 49 after remembering that mech-unite was a thing.

Can't say I really enjoyed most of my experience with the game. I'm not really into the whole dating sim thing—at least not this kinda?—though it was interesting, I guess, to play one of these "pandering" games for once. Story was some real generic stuff, up until the ending. It wasn't actively bad, at least.

The battle system wasn't bad, either, and it was nice when it got a bit challenging near the end. Though, maybe it got challenging because I started trying to avoid enemies as much as possible; I really couldn't handle the dungeon crawling anymore after a certain point.

Pretty unremarkable all around. That "congratulations on your new arrival" song sure is something, though.

Marche90

Just played the demo today.

Uuuuuhh... Not sure what to say. Normally I'm immune to this type of game and enjoy them, but somehow I didn't really liked what I saw during my time with the demo. Battle system looked interesting but in the end AutoPlay was the only thing I was hitting during battles. The songs that play during the Classmating process didn't helped it at all.

If anything, I might buy it waaay down the line when the price has dropped. Really sorry about this, Atlus, but I'm not willing to spend $40 dollars on this title, even though I wanted to :(

Javier

I have to agree the dungeon crawling aspect of the game really gets old after a while. It feels that they were originally just going to have a dating sim and realized they didn't have much to go on, so they tagged along the RPG/DC aspect.

At least I'm still enjoying the dating aspect of the game. The voice acting ranges from decent to great (although the MC's voice can go die in a fire), but I particularly like Torri, Serina and Feene (I'm still hoping she says "unacceptable" at some point in the game, so please don't spoil it). Some of the girls also have good backstories, Ellie in particular is pretty interesting.

I just wish I didn't have to drag through all those dungeon bits just to read the next part of the story.

Gvaz

Banned
Just played the demo today.

Uuuuuhh... Not sure what to say. Normally I'm immune to this type of game and enjoy them, but somehow I didn't really liked what I saw during my time with the demo. Battle system looked interesting but in the end AutoPlay was the only thing I was hitting during battles. The songs that play during the Classmating process didn't helped it at all.

If anything, I might buy it waaay down the line when the price has dropped. Really sorry about this, Atlus, but I'm not willing to spend $40 dollars on this title, even though I wanted to :(

And I'm debating dropping my last bit of cash so i can play this over p4g, which I just bought lol

Novocaine

So I'm not much into JRPG's but I ended up downloading the demo just to see what it was like and it got me hooked. Even though it's really fucking weird, even by Japan standards.

Finished the demo and I'm downloading the full game now. Could this be the first JRPG I can complete? I kind of wish Australia got a physical release though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It seems the DLC MIGHT be on sale as well, as they were listed when I checked the deals section. Though PSN needs to fully update in order to find out.

Edit: PS Stora update blog says all the DLC is 50 cents off. So all the $2.49 stuff is now $1.99.

Abdiel

I finished the game (not plat'ed, but I got all the endings, at least), and I enjoyed the character stories, the primary plot got real predictable at the end, but eh. Wasn't terrible. I enjoyed my time with it, though I ended up using Invisibility from the Ninja class and the MC ability to recognize monster types to run through the last few dungeons/sub labyrinths, only killing the super high xp monsters, and those I needed for quests. Made it go a lot faster, that's for sure.

Novocaine

So there are some times in this game where I've gone into a dialogue with someone and it has skipped through the text super fast. Is there any reason for this? Is it a bug or is it because I've seen this dialogue before? Either way I'm glad I have the option to look at past dialogue.

I believe there is an option to fast-forward dialogue you have already seen, but I am not sure how it works because I am still on my first playthrough.

Javier

The R button fast-forwards dialogue. You probably pressed it by mistake.

I think the options allow you to disable this, or enable it only for already-read text.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, after 2 months of taking a break, trying to finish this up so I can get another game from my backlog done. UGH, doing the quests for specific items and such is annoying, especially when trying to find the right enemy group to try & get the items needed for special classes (I just need Ninja & Trickster). Doesn't help finding the right chest with the item you need is the only way to get more armor for the females...

& I heard you need to be quite the high level for Monokuma (like, 75?). Not sure if I'll be able to do it, because once I finish the final dungeon (I think it's the next one) & get all the endings, I'm done. Not even gonna bother with all those events that require different relationship levels.

casiopao

Hiks, I am LTTP. I guess this OT is dead but I am just going to ask my biggest question anyway.

Can anyone explain God's Poke plizzzz.

I am around level 40 on third dungeon right now and I still can't poke any single monster here.T~T

Is there anything wrong.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hiks, I am LTTP. I guess this OT is dead but I am just going to ask my biggest question anyway.

Can anyone explain God's Poke plizzzz.

I am around level 40 on third dungeon right now and I still can't poke any single monster here.T~T

Is there anything wrong.

Isn;t that the auto kill on contact thing?

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Guess this is a dead thread, but thought I'd try anyway. I just bought the Love and Magic DLC which has this in the description: This quest has a high rate of obtaining the item needed for the special job 'Witch'.

I've completed the quest three times and haven't received the item as a reward or by quest monster kills. I've basically spent all evening trying to pickpocket this Magical Girl Heart item with no luck, now I bought the DLC and I'm not seeing how it's helping get this item either.

Any pointers before I finally snap and toss my Vita out the window?

Mozendo

Is there some Japanese guide for bonding events can I can google translate?
Also PC port isn't that bad, frames are unlocked this on a 144hz monitor is pretty nice

Top Bottom