• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think the demo was released in EU at the same time as US.

& I think I'm done with the "collect # items" from the guild, this is ridiculous. I've been trying to get Sinful Ore & I think you can only get it from ONE particular battle (a yellow monster on the map) & then MAYBE get it from the ONE monster that has it. Any other battle, I can't get it from the enemy. It's not like they give me as good rewards as the lab quests do.

Oh well, at least I got the item for the Diva class and cleared the 5th sub-dungeon, which unlocks the Dungeonmaster class as well.

So what's up with the Dusk Slayer DLC weapon? The girls weapons are obvious tradeoffs but the protags seems much better than his 1st dungeon equipment. The only thing I notice is that it says Aim in green on its description. Is this some kind of negative.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So what's up with the Dusk Slayer DLC weapon? The girls weapons are obvious tradeoffs but the protags seems much better than his 1st dungeon equipment. The only thing I notice is that it says Aim in green on its description. Is this some kind of negative.
You'll replace it by the 3rd dungeon

Yeah, Serina has overtaken Torri for me. Her events, her writing, her voice acting,
her evolved form when I tongue punch her
, her actually decently executed tsundere archetype...

...Torri just makes me feel wrong when I talk to her. Like I'm hitting on a special needs kid.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just beat the game at level 57. I chose
Feene
in the end of course. Best ending <3

I really enjoyed this game more than I thought I would. Going in with low expectations and expecting waifus might've helped though :x

Oh wow, what level? I have an Astromancer, but I don't have that yet, clearly.

30 something maybe? Not sure lol. Wish this game made it easier to find these things.

Holmes

So the missable events seem like a total pain. But the database save is different from your main game saves. So if you happen to save before you trigger a random Urban Encounter/Take Me In event, it'll save on the database file, then you can reload and go to a different area and trigger a different event.

Also works with the Filial Piety trophy as well. Saving, getting money, then just reloading and getting money until it pops.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So the missable events seem like a total pain. But the database save is different from your main game saves. So if you happen to save before you trigger a random Urban Encounter/Take Me In event, it'll save on the database file, then you can reload and go to a different area and trigger a different event.

Also works with the Filial Piety trophy as well. Saving, getting money, then just reloading and getting money until it pops.
Wow, I really wish I knew this sooner, especially for those events after dungeons where you gotta choose one of the girls for a scene. & for the Filial Piety trophy, is it cumulative, or does it have to be earned all at once?

Hmm so for NG+, children, heroines, completed quests, items, city level, glow, database, and the respective level of the characters from the previous save are transferred. Well, that's good to hear, at least it shouldn't take too long to reach the events that I need, assuming I use a ton of maps on the dungeons. I wonder if this counts the affection rating for the heroines as well.

So I finished the game, all endings too. Overall if it weren't for the dungeons and combat dragging on for way too long I'd have probably liked the game more. On the other hand, the story never really went anywhere and was paced really strangely, but despite that I did like most of the cast even if some were a bit shallower than others. They probably could have done a lot more with Chloe's character because unfortunately her development winds up getting shafted during her events. But other than her, the rest of the girls had some pretty decent arcs. Hell, even Chlotz really came into his own towards the end there.

I dunno, I'd probably give the game a 5/10. It's an okay game, but I certainly won't be replaying it anytime soon.

Also lol, that final line in the Harem ending...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOD JUST WANTED TO FINISH UP NARIKA'S STORY, I DIDN'T KNOW
SHE'S GO ALL YANDERE/SCHOOL DAYS ON ME

....wait, really? Wow, thought the game was gonna be all
IT WAS THE DRUGS THAT MADE HER LIKE THAT
, but nope, something else.

OH GOD JUST WANTED TO FINISH UP NARIKA'S STORY, I DIDN'T KNOW
SHE'S GO ALL YANDERE/SCHOOL DAYS ON ME

....wait, really? Wow, thought the game was gonna be all
IT WAS THE DRUGS THAT MADE HER LIKE THAT
, but nope, something else.

IT WAS ME, THE NECKLACE MADE OF DARK ENERGY (Drugs)! MWAHAHAHA!
And then everything was ok and things got better.

Holmes

Wow, I really wish I knew this sooner, especially for those events after dungeons where you gotta choose one of the girls for a scene. & for the Filial Piety trophy, is it cumulative, or does it have to be earned all at once?
For those scenes at the end of dungeons, I'm guessing saving before the boss would be ideal. Beat the boss, choose a girl, view the event, then re-load. Seems you'd have to fight the boss again, but whatever. Unless you can save after the boss before picking a girl for the scene. I've yet to beat a dungeon where that happens, I'm a little too busy to be playing a lot.

Read these two threads to get the jist of it all:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/706746-conception-ii-children-of-the-seven-stars/69060127
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...ldren-seven-stars/232777-missable-events.html

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For those scenes at the end of dungeons, I'm guessing saving before the boss would be ideal. Beat the boss, choose a girl, view the event, then re-load. Seems you'd have to fight the boss again, but whatever. Unless you can save after the boss before picking a girl for the scene. I've yet to beat a dungeon where that happens, I'm a little too busy to be playing a lot.

Read these two threads to get the jist of it all:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/706746-conception-ii-children-of-the-seven-stars/69060127
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...ldren-seven-stars/232777-missable-events.html
"At the beginning of three of the later chapters, there's an event for each that is related to affection. Chapter 5's event seems to always be the same regardless of affection, one for each heroine. Chapter 6's event has two variants per heroine, one for 0-2 bars and one for 3-5 bars. Chapter 7's event has a whopping three variants per heroine, one for 0-2 bars, one for 3-4 bars, and one for 5-7 bars"

UGH, these are the ones that're gonna be a pain. I guess I'll have to replay until Chapter 5, get to the floor before the boss, then do each variant.

For Chapter 6, that's 14 scenes, while with Chapter 7, freakin' 21 scenes. Guess I'll have to do separate save files.

Edit: There we go, finishing up Feene's storyline & all heroine main events should be taken care of...wait....is it....

& finally, Feene, the 7th girl is now available. & OHHH BOOYYY
she mentions letting me possibly take a pic of her in "her silky smooth, milky-white, precious nudity" as Chlotz puts it.
MUST ADVANCE TO SEE IF THIS HAPPENS.
tumblr_m60oztUgBM1ro16tz.gif

Holmes

"At the beginning of three of the later chapters, there's an event for each that is related to affection. Chapter 5's event seems to always be the same regardless of affection, one for each heroine. Chapter 6's event has two variants per heroine, one for 0-2 bars and one for 3-5 bars. Chapter 7's event has a whopping three variants per heroine, one for 0-2 bars, one for 3-4 bars, and one for 5-7 bars"

UGH, these are the ones that're gonna be a pain. I guess I'll have to replay until Chapter 5, get to the floor before the boss, then do each variant.

For Chapter 6, that's 14 scenes, while with Chapter 7, freakin' 21 scenes. Guess I'll have to do separate save files.
I (unfortunately) got Fuuko's, Narika's, Chloe's and Serina's affection bar to level 2. Thankfully that's still in the 0-2 tier, but it'll be a little annoying going forward.

What I'm going to do is not increase their affection at all until chapter 6 on. The only time I will see the events at the Academy is for the chapter-specific ones, then reload. At chapter 6, I'll raise everyone to level 3 and see the events. Chapter 7 is when I'll raise everyone to max and see all the different events. I can then do the two Take Me In events then, too. Also, I'm going to keep a separate save at the beginning of every chapter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, sounds like the ideal method would be not to even raise them until Chapter 5, then make a separate save file that allows you to focus on raising their affection to Level 3 so you can do 0-2 bar events on File 1 & 3+ on File 2, then get close to Chapter 6's boss & make a 3rd save file to focus on Level 5 affection and those events.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BLEH, tried the Dark Void sub-dungeon in order to level up more, clear more sub-dungeons for the trophy, & get the item for the Dark Knight class, but those damn bug enemies took me out in the final room I was exploring. Guess I should switch out Feene & use a character that isn't dark or dusk element.

RangerBAD

BLEH, tried the Dark Void sub-dungeon in order to level up more, clear more sub-dungeons for the trophy, & get the item for the Dark Knight class, but those damn bug enemies took me out in the final room I was exploring. Guess I should switch out Feene & use a character that isn't dark or dusk element.

What's the breakdown for heroine elements and dungeon elements?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The game tells you which heroine has what element & when selecting dungeons, which element most of the enemies are. I won't go through all the dungeons, but for the heroines:

Fuuko: Water
Ellie: Fire
Narika: Earth
Chloe: Wind
Serina: Fire (also has higher defense against Earth)
Torri: Wind (also has higher defense against water)
Feene: Dark

Fire beats wind, wind beats earth, earth beats water, & water beats fire.

It should say what floor it's on when you highlight the correct floor. If it's an item, then you have to use a thief with the Pickpocket ability to steal an item from the enemy or find it in a chest (though that's usually the quests for finding armor).

Sorry about the delayed responce, thanks.

Now I'm up to
Alec
, and he's kicking my fucking ass. I'm level 45 (so is Serina) and I can't survive that long without him just spam attacking in a single turn. My witches are useless because they're dusk, and I literally have no idea how I'd win.

I'm about to give up, such horseshit near the finale.

Need help.

I'm trying to do the quest Aliens?! and I can't find the guys to kill. Yes, I know that the labyrinth menu will typically show you if you have a quest in there and the floor, but this quest isn't doing that. I'm at Chapter 6, the enemy I need to kill is Crux, and according to the database, I've definitely already killed them.

Any thoughts?

tmtyf

Just started playing this last night….. now I'm at work with no sleep T-T didn't think i would get hooked on it from the get go.

Tohsaka

Just need the Ninja class item to drop now for the all classes created trophy. I feel like they made the drop/steal rates so shitty on purpose so that people would buy the DLC quests. Not that I blame them, but I'm certainly not going to pay to save some time grinding.

edit: I actually just got it after typing this up. How nice.

Just need the Ninja class item to drop now for the all classes created trophy. I feel like they made the drop/steal rates so shitty on purpose so that people would buy the DLC quests. Not that I blame them, but I'm certainly not going to pay to save some time grinding.

edit: I actually just got it after typing this up. How nice.

The drop rates largely don't seem too bad , if you know what dungeon and encounter they come from and you use Enemy Search (I got 4 Mercenary Manuals just navigating the dungeon and clearing every room, though I only got 1 Magical Girl Heart drop). If you don't know and don't use Enemy Search though, it could take forever though.

On a different topic:
I really really hate the giant hammer wielding enemies for the record: High Def, so you need to use magic, and Lust for Life (damage can't bring you below 1 HP unless you're at 1 HP), and groups of 2 of them are a common encounter on Floors 4 & 5 of the 2nd Subdungeon. I ended up skipping encounters eventually because you use too much MP for it to even begin to be worth it.

Also Chaining seems to be almost completely useless so far: you can only gain meaningful chain while an enemy is winding up, and I'm yet to encounter an enemy with a HP/damage ratio such that chaining is a viable strategy (most enemies with high HP have high damage as well so you want to kill them ASAP). My highest chain count so far is 3 , and its on one of the above enemies, because I ran out of MP.

Regarding my early post on the Protag's DLC weapon:
Oh, the green Aim at the top of the weapon just indicates it has Critical+.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chaining only seems to be possible later on when the enemies are much stronger/have higher HP. Certain enemies are terrific for chaining (like those trap chest...things), but yeah, early on, it's rather close to impossible. & later on, certain classes can learn moves that increase the meter much higher. & remember you can't attack weak points, or else it barely raises.

TWILT

Banned
Welp, just beat the game (at about level 53). Dungeons were always such a chore to go through, and I had relatively low expectations going in, but I did have fun with the game overall. 7-7.5/10 for me.

Chose the
Feene
ending of course <3. Apparently have a chance to get the 'Harem' ending, but ehhhhh, pretty satisfied with the ending I got.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should try getting back into this considering I'm close to the end, but with finals being next week, think I'm gonna need to take a short break from this. Especially considering how over the week, I've pretty much played it each day. Not to mention it's gonna be a time sink trying to get the rest of those events & doing NG+.

For the most part, this really does feel like a 7/10 or 3/5 game. It feels like they tried to be different & to some extent it kind of works, but it still has flaws that hold it back. In any case, I'd say I'm still glad that I played this, even with its faults.

Tohsaka

Platinum trophy obtained. I ended up liking the game quite a bit, despite it admittedly not being amazing or anything. The dungeons were kind of boring but I liked most of the girls and the writing and music were great. Time to move on to Demon Gaze.

Yeah. The game feels slow and the dungeons too long. I guess you're supposed to leave dungeons part way through and do the intimacy stuff but that runs counter to most of my RPG instincts.

Holmes

Holy christ on a cracker, stealing those class items is impossible. I stole the mercenary class item on my first ever attempt, and that gave me false hope. Trying to get the witch one for the last hour, and only getting potions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seriously, the game does absolutely nothing in terms of telling you which enemies, floors, dungeons, or the fact the items even exist. I get they wanted to be rare, but it would have been so nice if there was SOMETHING that the game did to tell me "HEY, you can unlock more classes by doing certain things or getting certain items from this dungeon!". So glad for that spreadsheet. I can honestly see why the DLC was offered.

Moonlight

Banned
...so, like, is there an easy and reliable way of grinding up new Star Children? Taking my new ones into safe dungeons is getting even more mind-numbing than grinding usually is.

...so, like, is there an easy and reliable way of grinding up new Star Children? Taking my new ones into safe dungeons is getting even more mind-numbing than grinding usually is.

You can rotate groups so you have 1 low, 1 partially levelled and 1 close to max in each group and then tackle normal dungeons. That and occassinal Renda runs.

You can also hunt down (using Enemy Search) the Saggita variants on the bottom floors of Gluttony onwards. They give huge XP so make quick raising fodder.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads-up, more DLC available.

- Clad In Gold ($2.49) (Get the item that allows you to make Gun Saints, available in-game)
- Echoing Song ($2.49) (Get the item that allows you to make Divas, available in-game)
- Overlord&#8217;s Return (Free) (Another free quest)

Next week is Monokuma!

Has anyone figured out how to get a light elemental star child?

I'm at
Pride
and it seems like it'd be good to have a light elemental team.

Fun game. I'm just rerunning the first dungeon for some phat leut and to level new star kids.

How do you access DLC? I went to the menu on the first day and there was nothing.

Razma1

Gonna start this up soon enjoyed the demo. Finishing up Demon Gaze first.

Any general tips for early game that I should know?

If I find the person who thought it was a good idea to have random encounter events with heroines in town, at a really low rate, that shut off by the time you start Chapter 3, if you're doing affection properly, and then that set close at Chapter 5 , I'd probably punch them.

Seriously, I spent over 2 hours getting the last 2 at the end of Chapter 2, and having almost maxed affection for Chapter 3 (apart from Torri), I still haven't gotten Torri's 0-2 affection one and I've only got Chloe's 2-5 one.

This is worse than Class Item drops.

FireSol

Uuuuh...finally tryed the demo. I need this game NAO!! Sad here in EU we only have digital version, but better than nothing. As a Russian after I heard about Mastryoshka I was dead, dont know what they used to stimulate their imagination, but I need that stuff!

Top Bottom