• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Grinchy

Banned
Pause the game and time the shot. Timing it at the exact time is very hard, so i recommend recording it and then going through the video frame by frame.

Is that how you've been doing it for your shots? So you take a video of yourself adding DOF with the pause function, then you watch the video and take screenshots of the DOF'd moments?

Earlier I kept trying to time it out perfectly by just unpausing and taking the shot, but there would be a little bit of the menu still left over. It's definitely not something I could have done consistently. It's a lot of effort to record the gameplay and take shots from the video, so I have a new appreciation for your screens :)

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
11769398924_4ef6f5029f_o.png

11769752946_933a8e6005_o.png

11769016015_c5ec6c47cd_o.png

Spoliery: 1 2 3

Finally done with the game, still the worst 3D Zelda even with the tweaks, bored me to tears at times.

iMerc

Didn't realise how good this game looks on WiiU, it's cheap now so going to pick a used copy up.
Hope it plays well.

plays great. looks fantastic in some parts.
just remember the wiiU version doesn't have the multiplayer. however it was also $10.00 cheaper across the board because of it.
loved having a bat cave. something as simple as having a bat cave to return to and train between missions made the entire package feel a lot more cohesive and thought out than the other arkham games, imo.
though i missed playing as cat woman.

anyway, some more screens:

took that last one because i really liked that 'banksy' on the wall there… lol. ;)

Pause the game and time the shot. Timing it at the exact time is very hard, so i recommend recording it and then going through the video frame by frame.

I tried to use the DoF trick and this is the best I could get :(

http://i.minus.com/ihiwSFNMBPtF.png
http://i.minus.com/ij3RaI55oLeCA.png

for me the bottom of the start menu is still there. I use match project settings in Movie Studio Platinum 12.0 and it sets it at about 29.950fps.. since it is not coming through as a full 30fps am I not able to catch it at the exact frame where the menu is gone? I am using an HDMI Splitter to bypass the HDCP with my Elgato so could that be why the videos are not recorded at 30fps? I also tried just setting it to 30fps for the hell of it and disabled resampling. I don't know too much about some of this so I could be off.

Is that how you've been doing it for your shots? So you take a video of yourself adding DOF with the pause function, then you watch the video and take screenshots of the DOF'd moments?

Yea. Also, i record at 60 fps, but dont know if that makes any difference.:)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Here's two more:

1606480_10201760691392310_1323787282_o.jpg

798432_10201760707792720_1021020406_o.jpg

The environments in ACIV look fantastic. The character models look like booty. Well, the faces. The costumes are quite nice.

I dunno, I think the characters in AC look decent, facial expressions seem to be well done at least. The game really does need to be seen in motion though.

Here's some BF4 mp shots, the game doesn't really look good in screenshots due to the insane amount of subtle motion blur that only rears its head during the 720p screens...

006Wzxj.jpg

41cnHek.jpg

1dj40Hi.jpg

Was there ever concrete proof that the Wii U version of AC4 has better graphics even slightly over the PS360 versions? People were saying so but I never saw actual proof.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I must be doing something wrong, as my BF4 doesn't look that good, and I'm playing at 1080P (or at least my TV is), lol.

Replicant

AC4 looks fantastic when it comes to environment...well, on PS4 it does. Dat 1080p. I never thought resolution upgrade can make the game look so much better.

Character-wise, however, Ubi really needs to hire a proper character modeler because they always look somewhat creepy and I don't think that's the intention with most of them.

Well, the next AC then Ubi? I hope by the time you're doing period Japan AC, you guys already nailed both the environment and character design. Because I want a fantastic-looking period Japan AC.

KHlover

Banned
I wish environment shots could be taken sans 1/5 of the screen being gun.
Wouldn't that be possible if the screenshots were taken during the "Change Weapon" animation? I don't know what this animation looks like in Killzone, but usually there's a small time frame without any weapon on screen during this animation.

QaaQer

Wouldn't that be possible if the screenshots were taken during the "Change Weapon" animation? I don't know what this animation looks like in Killzone, but usually there's a small time frame without any weapon on screen during this animation.

good idea!

Some KZ MP shots. I tried to capture some of the insanity of this game, but it can be difficult to take a clear shot with so much action going on, and trying not to die.

iML2VAHO9rGAK.jpg

isZi2AtkNMRlb.jpg

Did you capture those via an external capture card? Because the RGB-range seems off. Afaik the elgate game capture HD does not support full range RGB and crushes blacks like this in dark scenes.

Yup I captured it with a capture card but I usually have RGB full range on limited.

I'm surprised at how decent COD looks on PS4; I'd like to rent it just to go through the SP campaign.
Was pleasantly surprised myself when I played through it as well. Some of the fidelity is lost through uploading to Facebook, actually looks even better when playing. Some great texture work, gun models, and character models.

I'd say it's worth a rent for sure :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Yes but it's very difficult to time that with how delayed the PS4 screen feature is right now.

-SD-

Banned
...and Killzone: Shadow Fall is only a launch title :O

Since it will only get better from here on, looking at those pics makes me really excited to see what the future has in store for PlayStation 4.

Top Bottom