• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

KZ:

ibwbymc6tyu6x2.jpg

iMedEzWf33LHy.jpg

ie8gYWqZyrKfW.jpg

Have M$ got round to adding a snap shot function at last? This thread needs Xbone shots.
Only on my phone so can't see quality.

Nah - I'm just using my internal AverMedia card. Since it doesn't allow for 1080p, the Xbox One (and OUYA) default to 720p, which hurts the shots a bit.

forrest

formerly nacire
Finally getting around to playing Wind Waker HD on the Wii U and I have to say after playing it a few times on Dolphin, I am really enjoying the changes Nintendo made to the gameplay as well as the graphical enhancements. They did a really nice job. My only complaint is that sometimes the new lighting takes away from the cell shaded effect.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0128ius.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018afzi.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_012jsdc.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
LEGO Movie PS4
ib1MTAKCRx4KLF.jpg

iusst0YIqbUfI.jpg

iZsV06rGHByQY.jpg

Timu

Gotta give it to the Lego games for having insanely good IQ, even the compressed(?) SS's look quite clean.

Also, dat motion blur in the last shot.
These pics are 1MB so it's by a capture card which explains why it's not really compressed much at all.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
These pics are 1MB so it's by a capture card which explains why it's not really compressed much at all.

Not capture card. Share -> Playstation App -> hosting that doesn't recompress. I don't know why they're so big. The XMB claims they're smaller before I upload.
Those are also good scenarios for the compression. I could show you some disgusting ones from the darker, smokier parts of Tomb Raider.
EDIT:The background of this first one is one big artifact.
ibzMEp8b9jhEdv.jpg

Half of this one is utterly mangled and half is meh This was beautiful on my TV.
ibhJlw7ep0lkDh.jpg

Dawg

I've got the lego game as well and can only confirm the amazing IQ.

How do you share that kind of picture quality without a capture card though?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goddamn, the Lego Movie Videogame screenshots might have very well just sold me on the game (That and the 7/10 at Gamespot, and a 8/10 at GI lol)

Timu

Not capture card. Share -> Playstation App -> hosting that doesn't recompress. I don't know why they're so big. The XMB claims they're smaller before I upload.
Those are also good scenarios for the compression. I could show you some disgusting ones from the darker, smokier parts of Tomb Raider.
EDIT:The background of this first one is one big artifact.
ibzMEp8b9jhEdv.jpg

Half of this one is utterly mangled and half is meh This was beautiful on my TV.
ibhJlw7ep0lkDh.jpg
That 2nd pic has compression artifacts everywhere, what happened there???o_O

TAJ

I'm having a lot of fun with The Lego Movie, but it's the most linear entry in the series in years, which doesn't bother me personally.

That 2nd pic has compression artifacts everywhere, what happened there???o_O

PS4 just doesn't compress those colors and gradients as well. I posted it as an example of that.

Did they release an update or something? Last time I tried, you only had twitter and facebook, both of them shitty IQ.

No, the way I post is old. You just send them in PSN messages and open/save them in the PSApp on another device, then upload.

Dawg

I'm having a lot of fun with The Lego Movie, but it's the most linear entry in the series in years, which doesn't bother me personally.

PS4 just doesn't compress those colors and gradients as well. I posted it as an example of that.

No, the way I post is old. You just send them in PSN messages and open/save them in the PSApp on another device, then upload.

Nice, I'll try later.

Melchiah

ivNCuTMCgqscB.jpg

Finally finished Tomb Raider, after the save bug erased part of my progress. Luckily it didn't happen again. Enjoyed the game greatly, apart from replaying 11% of it.

What's the pause game trick to get the dof effect in kill zone? Did some searching but only see it mentioned not explained.

You're gonna need a capture card and the ability to go through your video frame by frame to do it (example: I use Movie Studio Platinum 12.0).
Just pause the game and when you unpause there is a split-second where the menu is gone but the DoF is still enabled.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
12534614433_7d2b73290a_o.png

12534624823_0e06e53ea4_o.png

12534619683_5f72ebbf7a_o.png

Ehhh this doesn't look so hot in 1080p, hope they do increase the resolution for the full game.

Timu

I will get multiplayer match screens later today since the servers are finally working now. Also I won't be taking screenshots in 1080p as that just makes the game look worse, plus there's no more sharpening filter after the X1 update anyways:

iba6zNg1541H7m.png

iSYP5Q7Vxzogq.png

ioFxlh43Qjz6w.png

That's a lot of jaggies, I wonder what AA solution they are using.

Yeah, that is pretty bad. Hopefully the pacing of gameplay makes it more or less a non-issue. Still debating as whether I should play this on PC or Xbone. Though, from the rumbling I've heard, I might just wait to make a purchase altogether.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I will get multiplayer match screens later today since the servers are finally working now. Also I won't be taking screenshots in 1080p as that just makes the game look worse, plus there's no more sharpening filter after the X1 update anyways
Didn't know about this, thanks. Just downloaded the update and made a comparison here.

Top Bottom