• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

VanWinkle

The game can look a little bland in places but overall I think it's great looking. Up there with Super Mario 3D World.

FqY9SKS.jpg

JPkLZRM.jpg

Edit: Nevermind. Currently playing some SM3DW and it definitely looks quite a bit better, particularly the lighting and textures. Still a good looking game though.

chadboban

Those shots are all great, Chad, but that last one is SUPER nice. Love the hint of sand texture you can see in the fleeting light of the fish as they scatter. :)

Take some shots of the squid in Irate Eight!

EDIT: I added your shots to my album, if it's no trouble. :)

No trouble at all man, and here's that squid you ordered.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01f5ii4.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01a5j9e.jpg

This one's a little spicy if you don't mind.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lbzoy.jpg

05-17-2013+Mizen1.jpg

お食事をお楽しみ下さい
"O shokuji o o tanoshimi kudasai" it means enjoy your meal :)

Wow! How are you liking the game?

I see you are on a Wii U games spree, great!! and great pics!!

I have yet to grab Pikmin 3 and W101 but I think I will get DKC TF first. I am playing DKCR on Wii and oh my, pure platforming fun, so I am completely sold on DKC TF, definitely my kind of game.

Neiteio

No trouble at all man, and here's that squid you ordered.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01f5ii4.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01a5j9e.jpg

This one's a little spicy if you don't mind.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lbzoy.jpg

05-17-2013+Mizen1.jpg

お食事をお楽しみ下さい
"O shokuji o o tanoshimi kudasai" it means enjoy your meal :)
Awesome! I'm going to add that first squid shot to the album! Thanks! :)

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
12963696623_72b2dde77b_o.png

12963554855_f93154cdec_o.png

12963553765_5f7089129a_o.png

Wow! How are you liking the game?

I see you are on a Wii U games spree, great!! and great pics!!

I have yet to grab Pikmin 3 and W101 but I think I will get DKC TF first. I am playing DKCR on Wii and oh my, pure platforming fun, so I am completely sold on DKC TF, definitely my kind of game.
Thank you! :D
Yeah I've been playing a lot of Wii U lately! And Pikmin 3 is a.. stressful game, I never played the previous Pikmin games so I didn't know what to expect, and I'm not into strategy/RTS games, at all. But -thankfully :p- Pikmin 3 doesn't play like any strategy game that I know of, so I'm actually really enjoying it!

I'm always more than surprised how well the WiiU holds up against PS4/X1 games. if you consider it's way way lower specs, that is

man, Pikmin looks so freaking good.

Timu

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Project Spark a "create your own game" thing like Little Big Planet? Did you make the complex geometry and texturing in this shot? Or did you download it from another user? Because that's very detailed.
From another user, and I was just showing off how pretty it can look.=p

phanphare

Banned
I'm always more than surprised how well the WiiU holds up against PS4/X1 games. if you consider it's way way lower specs, that is

man, Pikmin looks so freaking good.

yeah if you consider Wii U's specs coupled with its power draw (33w I believe) I find the graphics it can produce more impressive than PS4/X1 honestly. read: more impressive, not better. it's an efficient little bugger

After see those Wii U screenshots. I can't wait to see a Zelda, Metroid and Last Story and some others Nintendo exclusives with that level of quality. This gen is going to be amazing.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
yeah if you consider Wii U's specs coupled with its power draw (33w I believe) I find the graphics it can produce more impressive than PS4/X1 honestly. read: more impressive, not better. it's an efficient little bugger

It had a year head start too. Compare games coming out this fall to games that the Wii U is putting out now and then lets talk.

I must say the Detail/Geometry in this game is very round, impressive. Do you know if the game is 1080p 30/60fps?
Edit: nvm just saw your comment on the last page. Guessing since its a beta the framerate will get stable by launch. Also wtf guessing this is output through 1080p:
i6x4U7nXwithD.png

And this one is 720p like you said:
if6RNydN2ZX8l.png

Seems the upscaler is still messing games up....sad. The 1080p image looks like a youtube capture.

OryoN

It had a year head start too. Compare games coming out this fall to games that the Wii U is putting out now and then lets talk.

I think the general feeling among those who are impressed - myself included - is that even with a year's head-start, the difference in raw power AND the development budget - going into PS4/XB1 games - is so immense that people didn't expect to be THIS genuinely impressed with what Wii U can produce. Also, at the end of the day, a lot of these PS4/XB1 games were very ambitious projects that had just as much - or more - time in development on their 'target hardware', than some of these Wii U games, despite the console launching a year earlier.

Art, color, and lighting - used correctly - goes a very long way indeed, and while Wii U is not a brute beast, it's a very elegant creature that definitely has the prowess to wow people, when handled with care. This gen will be interesting, especially if the console stabilizes.

Timu

I must say the Detail/Geometry in this game is very round, impressive. Do you know if the game is 1080p 30/60fps?
Edit: nvm just saw your comment on the last page. Guessing since its a beta the framerate will get stable by launch. Also wtf guessing this is output through 1080p:
i6x4U7nXwithD.png

And this one is 720p like you said:
if6RNydN2ZX8l.png

Seems the upscaler is still messing games up....sad. The 1080p image looks like a youtube capture.
It looked odd at 1080p so I went with 720p instead.

phanphare

Banned
I think the general feeling among those who are impressed - myself included - is that even with a year's head-start, the difference in raw power AND the development budget - going into PS4/XB1 games - is so immense that people didn't expect to be THIS genuinely impressed with what Wii U can produce. Also, at the end of the day, a lot of these PS4/XB1 games were very ambitious projects that had just as much - or more - time in development on their 'target hardware', than some of these Wii U games, despite the console launching a year earlier.

Art, color, and lighting - used correctly - goes a very long way indeed, and while Wii U is not a brute beast, it's a very elegant creature that definitely has the prowess to wow people, when handled with care. This gen will be interesting, especially if the console stabilizes.

yep pretty much. thanks for that, I would not have been able to word it so coherently haha

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I loved playing Dead Nation on PS3 with my wife, and the PS4 version is still highly enjoyable. It being free for PS4 certainly isn't hurting it, either. I really like the atmosphere and lighting. I just wish it had more depth/narrative/freedom, but it's Housemarque, and they excel at doing arcadey type games. I'm actually suspecting a PS4 Super Stardust to be in the works.

1965633_10202134960948815_256799749_o.jpg

1891352_10202134965988941_564609943_o.jpg

1979933_10202134969749035_1289346880_o.jpg

Neiteio

I'm posting this in the Wind Waker OT, the "selfies" thread, the WiiU browser thread, and the next-gen screenshot thread... because I pulled screens from all four.

A Flickr album compiling the best of Zelda screens on GAF

I apologize for the lack of attribution -- would've been exhausting cataloguing each piece -- but what we have here is a collection of nearly 200 shots (all 720p) from The Wind Waker HD, spanning three pages, making it a great way to appreciate the game's artistry. (I also included a 1080p screen capture of the "legend" at the end, as well as a piece of high-res promo art.)

I'm still adding to the album. If anyone wants to take the following shots in 720p, upload them to abload.de (to avoid compression), and PM me the links, I think they would add nicely to the collection:

• A clear, focused, nicely centered, first-person shot for each of the stained glass portraits of the sages in the room with the Master Sword under Hyrule Castle
  • Full-color shots of Jalhalla (Earth Temple boss) and Molgera (Wind Temple boss)
  • Shots of the various forms of Puppet Ganon
Also feel free to peruse the other sets I assembled. Like TWWHD, the Tropical Freeze album consists of shots by GAF (and me!). The albums for BioShock Infinite, Dark Souls, Sleeping Dogs and Sonic Generations are 100% me.

All beautiful games. If anyone wants to contribute Wind Waker HD shots, feel free to PM me. :)

Top Bottom