• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

EBE

12886991324_3d88296d0f_o.png

12886679383_615b343df1_o.png

12886657113_6242f1252e_o.png

Marius has got some great detail in his face. so believably lifelike. the texture of Summer's dress is also quite good, as are the reflection in Marius' armor. i hope some of that gets across all the compression going on.

Melchiah

12886657113_6242f1252e_o.png

Marius has got some great detail in his face. so believably lifelike. the texture of Summer's dress is also quite good, as are the reflection in Marius' armor. i hope some of that gets across all the compression going on.

Her garment, and the flowers on her head, look pretty good.

Caayn

You're using GameDVR correct?

EBE

You're using GameDVR correct?

yeah. i upload to onedrive, download from there and pick out the least crappy frames i can find. would be nicer if the videos had a higher bitrate. all things considered, its a nice feature to have.

Neiteio

A few more shots: "Skowl the Startling," from the level Mountaintop Tussle (2-Boss); a shot from Amiss Abyss (4-3), showing bioluminescent jellyfish dancing in a kelp forest with submerged statuary nearby; and a shot from Rockin' Relics (4-A), showing a rain-lashed shipwreck beached in front of an obelisk of some sort. It's more impressive in motion, where you see everything fully animated at 60 fps, but even in stills, the characters and environments alike have a solidness to them that is very appealing.

dkctf-2-bossmountaintg1s5t.jpg

dkctf-4-3amissabyss03e9s3c.jpg

dkctf-4-arockinrelicsktsv9.jpg

Regiruler

I had used this for the best boss battles of 2013 thread and I decided to cross-post it here.

The Wonderful 101 (Wii U) - Operation 003C Diejeah

ibgwr7TsEVv00q.jpg

Sydle

I don't think these pics are doing it justice. I thought she looked incredibly lifelike, especially
in the scenes near the end
. I couldn't believe what I was looking at on screen was a game.

EBE

I don't think these pics are doing it justice. I thought she looked incredibly lifelike, especially
in the scenes near the end
. I couldn't believe what I was looking at on screen was a game.

i know my shots are bad. i dont have a capture card :(
whatever tech was used in Ryse for the faces was top quality. Marius, Vitalion, Summer, Oswald, Boudica... they looked like real digital doubles of their respective actors. crazy good stuff.

the eyes really sell it. again, terrible quality, but a noticeable cut above most other games.

Neiteio

The convincing depiction of cold and warmth has me interested to try Tomb Raider: DE despite some initial misgivings about the violence levels. Hmm.

Neiteio

First shot is by The Xtortionist, from the level Alpine Incline (2-1), with its mist-shrouded, pine-covered mountains stretching off into the distance. The other two shots are by me, from the level Cliffside Slide (6-6). I wish I could make a GIF of both -- Alpine Incline has bobbing balloons, swirling fog and slanting sunlight, while the avalanche in Cliffside Slide looks incredible at 60 fps, with layers upon layers of background/foreground elements collapsing all around you, reconstituting the platforms as you climb.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018pu42.jpg

dkctf-6-6cliffsideslieuzpz.jpg

dkctf-6-6cliffsidesliu5a6f.jpg

sangreal

How is he out of his mind? It does look better.

I think they're pretty comparable (though this is not good for PSG considering it's next gen, but again it is a budget downloadable title). The trees look much nicer in ELG, but the image quality is shit. The rest looks the same

Top Bottom