• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Change what setting in RE Central? You mean standard settings under HDMI such as (16-235)?

Yep and a stupid as it sounds, depending what device you tell it you are using (PC, Other PC, Console) the image quality changes too. It's freaking stupid.

But I'm sure you can get better quality than those of inFamous.

I just tested as well and those last few Ishin shots I posted where the only one's I captured while I had the HDMI looped back out to it's own input so maybe that degrades the quality too.

I'm not sure about spending upwards of $2000 for that Blackmagic card though. It would have to be damn good and give you use other than game captures. I had their Intensity and rate it lower than this Avermedia.

ciD_Vain

Just beat the game and it was glorious.

859408_10152727868325744_1854411717_o.jpg

R8TEDM3

Yep and a stupid as it sounds, depending what device you tell it you are using (PC, Other PC, Console) the image quality changes too. It's freaking stupid.

But I'm sure you can get better quality than those of inFamous.

I just tested as well and those last few Ishin shots I posted where the only one's I captured while I had the HDMI looped back out to it's own input so maybe that degrades the quality too.

I'm not sure about spending upwards of $2000 for that Blackmagic card though. It would have to be damn good and give you use other than game captures. I had their Intensity and rate it lower than this Avermedia.

You're probably right about the RGB setings, they were stuck with limited settings on the card, while PS4 was on full! Good call on that one!

As far as the Blackmagic card goes, i've been waiting for the prices to fall down, and it can be purchased for $945 right now!

sangreal

Looks like you might have captured limited RGB with the capture soft/hardware expecting full range there.

Also some or all of these affordable cards capture 4:2:2 chroma because I'm seeing a lot of artifacting on bright reds in PNG-presented captures.

oh, is that what causes it? I find it really annoying, but not annoying enough to spend $1000+

dr guildo

@DemonCleaner : Yeah, too bad for the compression, just wait for the next firmware update...

Foliage and grass texturing :
BkU1q8lIEAAWB-O.jpg:orig

BkU1ts3IcAEhidy.jpg:orig

BkUsTegIMAA9eHy.jpg:orig

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Loving the infamous screen shots. it will be a long while before we get another game that has an open world and looks as good as second son.

Batman Arkham Knight?
AssassinsCreed Unity?
The Witcher 3?

I could see them surpass Infamous already.

I very much doubt any of those games (on console) will look as clean, polished and have the quality AA of inFamous. (Given the rushed nature of Batman and AC, I still have my doubts they won't be using old gen assets anyway).

Another thing with SS is there is almost no visible draw in. It's an amazing engine and world they've created. You can be zipping around with your various powers' speed skills and there is no draw in, no jutter, nothing. Almost unheard of really.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hm :D I have doubts about TheWitcher since its crossgen.
But Arkham Knight and Unity are next gen only on next gen engines.
They should be fine.

What we've seen of Unity looked really great.

The Witcher 3 is not cross gen.

Vire

Late to the party, but I had these on my hard drive that I forgot to upload.

BkeqNDEIAAA8j5Y.jpg:orig

Bkeqe_XIUAAYW_Z.jpg:orig

BkeqXLkIUAAWeu0.jpg:orig

Wish Twitter didn't compress these so badly. :/

Galdius

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread but here is the last screenshot that I took:

Bke4WwfIgAAJLsu.jpg:orig

This game looks very good but the screenshot doesn't look as good as it really is. Maybe it's because I'm Twitter to upload the screenshots.

Seik

Banned
Playing Warriors Orochi Hyper 3 on the Wii U lately, not a graphical showcase in any way, but I'm having a descent bit of fun with it. It's pretty much my first time with the DW series and I'm having a better time with it than I what expected.

I guess I'm a sad sack. :p

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fyubm.jpg

Top Bottom