• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

chadboban

13566167564_17c04b341e_o_d.jpg

13552474675_fdbdbc6863_o_d.jpg

Your Yakuza shots are easily the best I've seen of this game. Awesome work.

Flickr test...

Edit: Ok, so flickr is a pain in the ass...

Try abload.de
It's in german, but once you get the hang of it it's really fucking easy and fast as well.

I felt like it was ok to post that considering that's not really a spoiler. It's nothing story related. It's just an easter egg that's already been plastered all over the internet.

Not having anything to do with the story doesn't make it OK. Did you know about that scene before you first saw it? What was your reaction when you first saw it?

what model? I have a gt50. And does it have a dvi port on the back? (mine doesn't)

Depends. Go to this page on your PS4 browser to see if you can see the blacks in the first row on Full.

I have a Panasonic too and I use full although the deep blacks makes it hard to see in dark areas in Infamous. Its not black crush though. Other games look fine.
Cool, I'll check the site see. I have a GT50 as well.

Edit: is there supposed to be something in the first square? Second one is barely visible, the rest can be seen, buy that first is just a red number next to nothing lol

GavinUK86

Not having anything to do with the story doesn't make it OK. Did you know about that scene before you first saw it? What was your reaction when you first saw it?

Yes I already knew about the scene. Reaction wasn't nothing special because I already knew about the scene. Not really a spoiler. Move on laddy. Back onto screenshots.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yes I already knew about the scene. Reaction wasn't nothing special because I already knew about the scene. Not really a spoiler. Move on laddy. Back onto screenshots.

It is a spoiler, because some of us view it as a spoiler, because some of us enjoy finding easter eggs and little things like that on our own. There are times when I don't think something is a spoiler, but someone else might think so. I may not agree, but I respect those people's opinion, and try to avoid spoilers when sharing any info about a game/movie/tv show, etc. Not all of us came across that particular Easter Egg on the internet. In fact, outside of GAF, I tend to avoid many sites because of things like this spoiler. I first learned about this spoiler here, in this thread, from your screenshot. I plan on buying GZ at some point in a few weeks, since I just spent $90 on inFAMOUS, and I'm sticking to my gaming budget, so coming across this easter egg would have been really cool to see in the game, with no idea it was coming. As a big MGS fanboy, I would have loved it, as I love the fourth wall breaking in MGS games.

But yeah, back to the screenshots.

inFAMOUS: Second Son (obviously)

1598993_10202280710752469_752423466_o.jpg

1655146_10202235048250935_845036784_o.jpg

1960936_10202235046970903_1288823017_o.jpg

Pat_DC

Finally had a look at my captured screens from SS and there were so many!

I liked the quality of the shadows in this shot:
1926160_10152369821018653_1772744503_o.jpg

Always a bit of time for a cameo:
1921240_10152369819013653_48608250_o.jpg

Dem particle effects:
10010155_10152369825468653_820892826_o.jpg

Those are some awesome shots. There will be a huge increase of pics when the infamous update to remove the hud and change the time in the game, cannot wait.

Well you know what, wait for the firmware update to release that allows us to export share data to a usb drive, that's when this screenshot thread will explode with pics from Second Son :)

Any techie want to chime in with the reason (or type of AA) MGS beard and hair, grass etc looks all crosshatch-like?

Apart from the ugly ass FXAA that blurs the crap out of the game, making it look like a Dreamcast game at times, the transparent textures that have the crosshatch effect add to the ugliness.

Edit: 3 examples added. I don't think I have to point out what I'm referring to.

13573624795_be9a801ac8_o_d.jpg

13573992054_1f57becf9f_o_d.jpg

13573615435_8a293ce3c5_o_d.jpg

Mik2121

Any techie want to chime in with the reason (or type of AA) MGS beard and hair, grass etc looks all crosshatch-like?

Apart from the ugly ass FXAA that blurs the crap out of the game, making it look like a Dreamcast game at times, the transparent textures that have the crosshatch effect add to the ugliness.

Edit: 3 examples added. I don't think I have to point out what I'm referring to.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7444/13573624795_be9a801ac8_o_d.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7143/13573992054_1f57becf9f_o_d.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7111/13573615435_8a293ce3c5_o_d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's dithered filtering. It's one of the ways to use masks (alphas) and generally fairly cheap to use, too. Basically there are 3 ways to mask things out, via dithered filtering, 1bit masks (pure black and pure white only, so you get very sharp and unnatural edges for things like plants) and translucency (basically full grayscale mask and only black is purely opaque).

Using translucency is the heaviest method but also the cleanest, and 1bit masks are the cheapest but also can look kinda bad in some cases (not always, sometimes they look good enough), and then there's dithered masking, which is also light, but makes the masking look a bit more natural in many instances. In fact dithering is also used a lot for LODs, so instead of seeing things pop-up when you get close to them, some of the pixels of the new mesh start to show up slowly via dithering until the whole LOD has changed (I believe GTA5 did this, forgot though..).

EBE

you dont gotta apologize for posting more Ryse. that game is gorgeous. wonder when the third DLC is supposed to hit.

R8TEDM3

Reflections are teeeeeeeerrible.

This is a screenshot thread, not really nice when you say things like that here!

There are some things i don't like about the game as well, but it's not gonna help anyone if i keep complaining about it here, where devs might never see one's Jibbed person opinon!!!

If you have something constructive to say about the game, you take it official Forza forums, and voice your frustration over there!

stryke

This is a screenshot thread, not really nice when you say things like that here!

There are some things i don't like about the game as well, but it's not gonna help anyone if i keep complaining about it here, where devs might never see one's Jibbed person opinon!!!

If you have something constructive to say about the game, you take it official Forza forums, and voice your frustration over there!

Can't tell if this post is genuine or not.

Leibniz

I was trying to take some good infamous screens but I can't seem to find where to turn the hud off.

Or maybe my game has not been updated yet. I dunno.

Timu

I was trying to take some good infamous screens but I can't seem to find where to turn the hud off.

Or maybe my game has not been updated yet. I dunno.
Update for hudless hasn't happened yet, suppose to come in less than 2 weeks.

Top Bottom