• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

R8TEDM3

13658481044_0c72252dbf_o.jpg

13658481704_a333579197_o.jpg

13658133805_71d2c4ea25_o.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I don't have a capture card so these pics are through my ps4 via facebook compression. This is my first time actually uploading pics.

inFamous: Second Son

iGzBWn0yHaUi2.jpg

ibfjXx3gyNLY7t.jpg

ibjgcpH7LwTSaF.jpg

Playing Warriors Orochi Hyper 3 on the Wii U lately, not a graphical showcase in any way, but I'm having a descent bit of fun with it. It's pretty much my first time with the DW series and I'm having a better time with it than I what expected.

I guess I'm a sad sack. :p

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fyubm.jpg

Thanks for sharing, impressions are very useful too. Might pick it up, always wanted to get into the series.

These are no screenshots, its photo mode :)

Awesome m3 btw.
Yeah, it always seems like Forza's cheating a bit seeing as almost everything else here is direct gameplay. Then again the PC screenshot thread 'cheats' in a similar way since some of those shots are taken at completely unplayable framerates, even on the uber rigs.

Basically I'd like to see more representative in-game Forza shots - there have to be at least some beauties.

Edit: lol shinnn - I take it those are direct gameplay shots? Thanks.

KORNdoggy

Tomb Raider is a great looking game but what the hell is up with her in this shot?!? Just look at that thumb.

she looks hella "derp". like her neck has just caved in on itself. both thumbs seems a bit screwed, the one on the wall looks like a finger, and the one on the pipe looks like it has a hole in it.

i'm playing the game atm myself and i really wish they'd have simply teselated her entire model rather then re-make her face. becasue she's like botox lara now. all that fear and worry on here face just isn't there. wasn't worth the sacrifice imo.

Just got SM3DW, lighting is gorgeus

What do people mean when they say lighting is gorgeous in SM3DW? The last picture has quite inaccurate shadowing, clearly the sun is setting but still Mario's shadow is directly underneath him, like it would be at noon. Then there is the crazy and frankly speaking weird bloom effect that pervades most Nintendo first party games on WiiU (All of these characters look like Hakan in SFIV when he's oiled up). "In my opinion" unless the reflection and shadowing is not accurate the lighting is not gorgeous.

Gardex

What do people mean when they say lighting is gorgeous in SM3DW? The last picture has quite inaccurate shadowing, clearly the sun is setting but still Mario's shadow is directly underneath him, like it would be at noon. Then there is the crazy and frankly speaking weird bloom effect that pervades most Nintendo first party games on WiiU (All of these characters look like Hakan in SFIV when he's oiled up). "In my opinion" unless the reflection and shadowing is not accurate the lighting is not gorgeous.
When it comes to shadows for entities like Mario, having a shadow below them is pretty much required in a 3D platformer.

If people think the lighting makes the game look gorgeous, then maybe it just looks pretty?

Albo

As someone said the shadow is required to gauge where the character will land and the bloom on characters seems far from pronounced. I don't think I ever noticed it until you mentioned it. I don't know why it's there, but from the little I've played the game I think it's to make the character stand out more in the distance in large areas with a lot going on (especially four player Co-op). The bloom is more pronounced in natural light sources in games like nintendoland, WW HD, MK8 etc but they've implemented it well in those games imo.

Technically speaking it's not the most impressive if you break it down like that, but cohesively it's very pretty and I'd still call it gorgeous even if there's one inaccurate shadow or a little bloom which seem like trivial complaints to me. I'd still call infamous gorgeous despite there being no nighttime character shadow or any other game that comes together well visually but still has a few flaws.

stryke

she looks hella "derp". like her neck has just caved in on itself. both thumbs seems a bit screwed, the one on the wall looks like a finger, and the one on the pipe looks like it has a hole in it.

i'm playing the game atm myself and i really wish they'd have simply teselated her entire model rather then re-make her face. becasue she's like botox lara now. all that fear and worry on here face just isn't there. wasn't worth the sacrifice imo.

If nixxes aimed for 30fps on PS4 in the first place they probably could have easily implemented tessellation.

Top Bottom