• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

AllGamer

legomarvelsuperheroesohsgq.jpg

legomarvelsuperheroeshxsbg.jpg

legomarvelsuperheroes4os21.jpg

CthulhuPL

I'm convinced they're is something wrong with my tv. These games don't look nearly this good for me. What are the best settings for gaming. I have a 40 in dynex. Not great I know, but it should look more defined than it does

Also, check for 1:1 pixel option. Every FullHD TV should have it.

Wow, the detail in this game is so impressive (worn out section of wall, toes turned upwards against the wall, overall outfit detail).

Can't wait for the First Light DLC to start spamming the screenshot feature.

Just a tip: You may want to use a different host site. Facebook compresses the hell out of your screenshots. I use CubeUpload, it's really simple to use and doesn't compress the image at all.

theWB27

It was pretty, but I gave up on it about 3 hours in. Can't put my finger on it, but it just was not a satisfying experience for me. I found Tomb Raider to be quit a looker and a much better game.

It feels like the mechanics don't click together. It's like the game is saying here...here....here....while it should be hereherehere. Also...to me...it seemed like the bullets didn't always connect with the enemy. It does get better after you get used to it.

Gurish

I don't get it, it's been almost a year since launch and KZ still destroys everything available visually, I wonder if it's because GG are so far ahed of the rest or maybe it's because most titles are cross gen?

Whatever the reason it's unusual that a launch game still top the rest graphically, i don't remember such thing happening in previous gens.

-griffy-

Banned
I don't get it, it's been almost a year since launch and KZ still destroys everything available visually, I wonder if it's because GG are so far ahed of the rest or maybe it's because most titles are cross gen?

Whatever the reason it's unusual that a launch game still top the rest graphically, i don't remember such thing happening in previous gens.

I really don't think Killzone "destroys" Infamous. I personally find Infamous the better looking game.

theWB27

There hasn't been a bunch of releases from the usual suspects. That matters quite allot. I also think the number of releases in general have reduced drastically from last launch. There's some numbers out there but don't feel like looking.

Gurish

I really don't think Killzone "destroys" Infamous. I personally find Infamous the better looking game.
Ofcourse opinions and all but i have Infamous and it might be more impressive as an open world type of game but KZ's fidelity is on a different level.

Let's say that the average joe who doesn't have a deep understanding about open world and such will most likely find KZ and Ryse much more impressive imo.

Well its basically the only linear next gen only game we have so far. No cross gen bullshit. No multiplat compromises. etc....

We always see a gap between exclusives and multiplat games but if this is the kind of gulf we will see between 1th and 3rd party games this go around then SCE will have a real good generation.

javac

kQSKzDQf.jpg

6Tuq943X.jpg

6UOB29dg.jpg

I've seen some of the Wii U screes on here on /V/ too heh, pretty cool thread on there with some awesome Wii U screens. Lots of SM3DW and TW101 love :D

Caayn

Ouch the lack of tessellation really hurt this shot.
I've been really impressed with Tomb Raider
Your pictures aren't working for me :(

It doesn't really destroy it's competition. Also there haven't been that much current-gen only titles released that where linear and could push all their powers into one path. Ryse and Killzone don't really outrun each other imo, Killzone has the better IQ but Ryse had bigger wow moments for me. Infamous is mighty impressive for an early open-world game but it just isn't it for me.

Wow, the detail in this game is so impressive (worn out section of wall, toes turned upwards against the wall, overall outfit detail).

Can't wait for the First Light DLC to start spamming the screenshot feature.

Just a tip: You may want to use a different host site. Facebook compresses the hell out of your screenshots. I use CubeUpload, it's really simple to use and doesn't compress the image at all.

Good to know! I was on the market for a new image hosting site. I'll give CubeUpload a try :)

Gurish

Ouch the lack of tessellation really hurt this shot.
It doesn't really destroy it's competition. Also there haven't been that much current-gen only titles released that where linear and could push all their powers into one path. Ryse and Killzone don't really outrun each other imo, Killzone has the better IQ but Ryse had bigger wow moments for me. Infamous is mighty impressive for an early open-world game but it just isn't it for me.

You are right, i forgot about Ryse since i don't own an XB1, it's on the same caliber of KZ and some would argue it's even more impressive (as well as others who would argue KZ is the more impressive) and i can accept that.

The point still stands though, doesn't matter which title has the edge, both are launch games that imo shows a big gap above anything else since, which is very unusual.
I guess it comes to show how cross gen is more persistent than ever before this gen, probably what happens when developing games cost so much, publishers can't give up on old gen as fast as they used to do.

Kater

Banned
Dug around in some of the Wii U threads and found this neat little game.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xoq1f.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uojjy.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01tqd7f.jpg

I loved it from the moment when I started the game and was immediately playing. There is not even a menu screen in the way of your gaming experience! :D

I'd say Ryse beats out KZ when it comes to character models, easily, but KZ impressed me more in every other aspect. The fact it did all that at 1080p and 30-60fps with larger levels than Ryse is pretty damn impressive.

kinggroin

Banned

I honestly believe tons of games look better than KZ, but I get you.

The reason is simply because GG are very talented and when they match that talent with visually unique scenarios, the result is widely regarded as amazing visuals. Head of class at times IMO.

Top Bottom