• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

amarectv2014-11-2923-e4u4i.png

le-seb

Hopefully that's the updated version, because the IQ got considerably better after a patch a few weeks ago.
I keep reading this, but it doesn't look like it's the case when direct comparisons have been made in the DC thread.
IMO, and I've been playing with it from day one, it's just a matter of different lighting conditions in the game, as the lighting engine can be as much the game's best friend (looking lively and lovely) than its worst enemy (looking flat and dull).

I keep reading this, but it doesn't look like it's the case when direct comparisons have been made in the DC thread.
IMO, and I've been playing with it from day one, it's just a matter of different lighting conditions in the game, as the lighting engine can be as much the game's best friend (looking lively and lovely) than its worst enemy (looking flat and dull).

Somebody put out comparisons a few days back. It really did get better, and I'm not talking about the post processing done in photomode.

Also, the few remaining aliasing concerns while the game is static does lessen while you're driving too thanks to the dynamic AA.

le-seb

Somebody put out comparisons a few days back. It really did get better, and I'm not talking about the post processing done in photomode.
Link, please. I wanna see that with my own eyes, because the only comparison I remember seeing was between 1.00, 1.06 and 1.08, and didn't show noticeable differences. They were all gameplay shots too, so no photomode AA enhancement involved.

Link, please. I wanna see that with my own eyes, because the only comparison I remember seeing was between 1.00, 1.06 and 1.08, and didn't show noticeable differences. They were all gameplay shots too, so no photomode AA enhancement involved.

here.

Anything with a high bit rate and no scaling.

Check Gamersyde as they probably have high quality videos available.

edit: here, found the main shot I remembered

ibzrPJ6IZj1S57.png

It seems the track is different at that point now.
And despite the shot showing nothing much of the lighting abilities of the DC, it looks better too.
same time of day. Same clouds.
Better colours, less harsh contrast. Less car jaggies.

ibxmiYH7jOsVHA.jpg

This is a jpg though, can't say whether a PNG would be worse or better.

That's from 1.06 right? The improvement I shown was from 1.08. Which is why he commented that the track has been modified, somewhat.

Hell the reason why Alo81 used the pic in the first place is to show the comparison you just posted :p

It's not as good as FH2 though to be honest, which is cleaner during the day, but at least there's less shimmer now, and like I said, IQ is further improved when the game is in motion.

le-seb

The changes are so obvious that even Digital Foundry can't tell:
We've heard rumblings of improved in-game anti-aliasing for a while now as well but based on comparison shots we've generated compared to the launch version, it's difficult to conclude if there has really been any improvement.

Please forgive the thread derailment, back on topic.
PS4 / USB / DriveClub photomode
nDNGUy.jpg

VHXVSB.jpg

1LMuYp.jpg

Caayn

That's from 1.06 right? The improvement I shown was from 1.08. Which is why he commented that the track has been modified, somewhat.

Hell the reason why Alo81 used the pic in the first place is to show the comparison you just posted :p

It's not as good as FH2 though to be honest, which is cleaner during the day, but at least there's less shimmer now, and like I said, IQ is further improved when the game is in motion.
There are no changes in the IQ of DriveClub implemented in the weather patch. This is a shot I took near launch, and this is a shot I just took a few seconds ago. Both show roughly the same amount of aliasing.

It'd be amazing if Evolution managed to increase the IQ AND implement weather in DriveClub.

I used fixed lanczos scaling instead of adaptive at the beginning because it made the 720p picture sharper when it's upscaled to 1080p, which I preferred at first. But when playing at 1:1 720p non-scaled (which I sometimes do) the picture was way too sharp. Had I read Durantes description on the PtBi site I would have known earlier but I'm a lazy idiot ;)

15837049007_69337f4836_o.png

16021057721_2d44af7a4e_o.png

15997238906_62d1657af5_o.png

oxidax

I used fixed lanczos scaling instead of adaptive at the beginning because it made the 720p picture sharper when it's upscaled to 1080p, which I preferred at first. But when playing at 1:1 720p non-scaled (which I sometimes do) the picture was way too sharp. Had I read Durantes description on the PtBi site I would have known earlier but I'm a lazy idiot ;)

AMAZING! I need this tool right now. What capture card are u using?

Game still looks very good for the most part. Such an achievement for the hardware it was originally created for. To think how good a proper next gen sequel could look...

16023743221_73bb8c9299_o.jpg

16007695816_3701568061_o.jpg

16007700156_23624f9b12_o.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I haven't forgotten about this thread!! Anyway, here's two DCU Online PS4 shots of my two characters, High Velocity and Freevolt, and one LBP3 PS4 shot!

ibyOoc6aHgVHtP.jpg

iBykJ9SYbTEGn.jpg

iOCkW455kt0Xp.jpg

Top Bottom