• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Some Zombi U: The amount of on-screen detail this game throws around, at times, is very impressive! Especially for a launch game with a modest budget.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01f5uxl.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zwub3.jpg

Excessive chromatic aberration and dust filters makes the game look damn ugly, imo.

tengiants

Dunno if it's just the screens but I think Killzone is probably the best looking console game now.

Wii U graphics are surprising me also.

Mentallyerect

Neo Member
I think I might be in the minority here but I'm finding all these new PS4 shots (particularly Killzone) to be immensely off putting. I think its an issue of having way too much detail now. Its like we went from too little detail last gen to an explosion of detail now. Sh*t, I don't even think real life looks that detailed lol. Killzone in particular just makes everything look so sterile and manufactured.

Personally, and I know I'll probably get called out on this, but I think I prefer the look of ZombiU over Killzone as I feel even though ZombiU isn't as technically savvy and up to date, it looks more natural to me as apposed to the extreme that is Killzone.

Either way, I'm sure with time, the developers and their artists will find a way of putting out amazing looking worlds that look a bit more natural without sacrificing detail.

Or......maybe I'm just crazy like that lol.

D-e-f-

Banned
Looking at the cloth in the background, the wind is blowing pretty good. So naturally, it's moving his hair. Imagine that.

That's not how short hair moves when it's windy. That's the whole point. Imagine that.

I think you keep looking at the tech side. Joel's hair in TLoU looks more realistic than the Marius' hair in Ryse. Technically, Marius' hair is doing more, but he didn't say TLoU looked technically better. Hair often does not move. My hair is about the same length as Joel's, and in an indoor environment like he's in, it doesn't move unless I move it really hard and fast.

This man know's hair! :D

D-e-f-

Banned
Excessive chromatic aberration and dust filters makes the game look damn ugly, imo.

The only ugly thing about ZombiU is all the character models. They all look terrible. The style they chose for the environments with lighting, camera filters and all looks fantastic to me.

1425316_10201703578686171_1326309047_o.jpg

Best mission in the best looking launch game.
Although that level looks nice, i can't help but feel you just posted this to get some response.
Dunno if it's just the screens but I think Killzone is probably the best looking console game now.

Wii U graphics are surprising me also.
After having played a couple of Mario 3D World levels, yes. This game looks... Amazing. It kinda feels like an animation come to life. The little animations they added to the characters like Goomba's and koopa's really make the characters come to life. I'd recommend it to everyone. Just a lot of fun. Looks very crisp and clean.

Pjsprojects

1425316_10201703578686171_1326309047_o.jpg

Best mission in the best looking launch game.

Yeah it's the best looking part of the game and overall I think it looks good but each to there own.

ZombiU looks gritty murky and spot on for it's style.

Killzone looks super detailed and clean so is also spot on for a future style tech look.

We have reached the point where game graphics are more about art style and personal taste.

KiraXD

Yeah it's the best looking part of the game and overall I think it looks good but each to there own.

ZombiU looks gritty murky and spot on for it's style.

Killzone looks super detailed and clean so is also spot on for a future style tech look.

We have reached the point where game graphics are more about art style and personal taste.

exactly! Its now all in the hands of Art Directors (Hurray!) Finally Art Direction gets center stage.

nasos_333

I think I might be in the minority here but I'm finding all these new PS4 shots (particularly Killzone) to be immensely off putting. I think its an issue of having way too much detail now. Its like we went from too little detail last gen to an explosion of detail now. Sh*t, I don't even think real life looks that detailed lol. Killzone in particular just makes everything look so sterile and manufactured.

Personally, and I know I'll probably get called out on this, but I think I prefer the look of ZombiU over Killzone as I feel even though ZombiU isn't as technically savvy and up to date, it looks more natural to me as apposed to the extreme that is Killzone.

Either way, I'm sure with time, the developers and their artists will find a way of putting out amazing looking worlds that look a bit more natural without sacrificing detail.

The old "too good to be true" has turned to" too good to be good" :)

dr_rus

You can do a low detailed game on PS4 if you'd want.
You can't do a Killzone SF on Wii U.

dr_rus

Not really getting your point in relation to his post...
The point is that the hardware has nothing to do with artistic choices of producing a game with a lot of details or small number of details - unless the hardware dictates the use of small number of details. Basically we're not constrained to using high res everything on a powerful platform, you can easily make a game that will look like Soundshapes for example.

The point is that the hardware has nothing to do with artistic choices of producing a game with a lot of details or small number of details - unless the hardware dictates the use of small number of details. Basically we're not constrained to using high res everything on a powerful platform, you can easily make a game that will look like Soundshapes for example.

Right, but he never said that. He even said:

UNCMark

Banned
Stop posting SM3DW and Wind Waker pics, please. I can't resist the urge to buy a Wii U anymore. I think Target will be getting my money today.

Watching those resogun screens makes the lack of FantaVision 2 even more saddening.
Will try it out this evening though while enjoying a couple of beers.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
It's the same...What you're seeing is different lighting conditions and a compressed image, but the detail is there.
If we took a model and rendered it in an off-line raytraced cinematic is the 'detail' the same as during gameplay? Just trying to figure out what you're referring to by 'detail'.

Top Bottom