• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

NickMitch

ixYhshvP8lL5G.jpg

hblaese

Neo Member
Man fuck the compression. Cant wait till i get a new cap card.
ibk03sjm5AJ9Yp.jpg

ibbLzEScmgE5qj.jpg

even with compression, sometimes feel like crying cause my WiiU will never (hope it will someday) use textures like that =/

second thought... Nano Assault Neo did that, but it is a way smaller game.

I have Most Wanted here. I'll try to upload some pictures this weekend ^^ maybe I'm having this impression for not playing that much this week and seeing all those shots make me *___*

There is confirmation we will be getting big ass textures in Shinen´s next games, Fast Racing Neo and ???.

Ardenyal

1400726_10152025777908550_12947778_o.jpg

680465_10152025777513550_846921209_o.jpg

1400811_10152025777263550_449142485_o.jpg

Testing some shots now that PSN is finally working somewhat normally again.

Edit: The compression is terrible, but does the screenshot function also crush blacks? Losing a LOT of detail in the darker areas of the shots.

i-Lo

I really dont see what You see. You mean lack of movement looks better to You or almost no hair strains at all?

There is clearly movement visible in Joel's hair but not excessive amounts. Then again, it wasn't on CryEngine 3 so yea...

Can we please put in the OT the way to get 1080p shots out of twitter?

For those who don't know, look at the url of your PS4 twitter shots and change" Large" at the end of the link to "orig", short for original.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My first PS4 screenshot (via Facebook upload). Nothing amazing, mainly took it because of his line ("Was it as good for you?").

ibzzdnt2ZtguH1.jpg

That vest (or whatever) texture isn't very awesome. Cross-gen game indeed. But 1080p and a solid 30fps is nice.

Majanew

Banned
Why is hair always weird? Hair isn't made of fairy dust, it doesn't float around like that. Can't they still not make it look real-ish without having it wobble around the whole time?

Looking at the cloth in the background, the wind is blowing pretty good. So naturally, it's moving his hair. Imagine that.

VanWinkle

Yep, Agni seemed like good compromise between polygons and physics precision for next-gen platforms.

------

I really dont see what You see. You mean lack of movement looks better to You or almost no hair strains at all?

I think you keep looking at the tech side. Joel's hair in TLoU looks more realistic than the Marius' hair in Ryse. Technically, Marius' hair is doing more, but he didn't say TLoU looked technically better. Hair often does not move. My hair is about the same length as Joel's, and in an indoor environment like he's in, it doesn't move unless I move it really hard and fast.

ozfunghi

I'm really bummed out by the lighting in Windwaker. During daytime outdoors, it generally looks great, but the upon "item fetch", the lighting changes, and you can see the 3D models lose their celshading, and it really looks nasty and out of place. I can't get my head around why they would do that (as it is deliberate). In some dark areas with specific lighting (like torches), you get the same effect. It's a real shame and it tarnishes the game. Bah, the gamecube version didn't have this problem. I would hope they would "patch" this, but i know that's not gonna happen. Ugh.

This is what i was talking about:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0154r2l.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01gqucb.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
AC4 PS4

How are you guys getting 1080p shots off PS4?

Add to OP please

To get full resolution pictures from PS4 Share Button:

Twitter

Facebook
  • Open your photo album. Click picture to open it, copy URL.
  • If that doesn't work, click on a photo and find the "Download" button and download the full resolution picture. Upload to a lossless host, such as minus.com or abload.de (imgur will further compress the image).

OryoN

Some Zombi U: The amount of on-screen detail this game throws around, at times, is very impressive! Especially for a launch game with a modest budget.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01f5uxl.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zwub3.jpg

Some Zombi U: The amount of on-screen detail this game throws around, at times, is very impressive! Especially for a launch game with a modest budget.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01f5uxl.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zwub3.jpg

Zombi U was a fantastic zombie game. I loved the game, but wearing headphones plugged into the GamePad were a little low. Other then that, it was great!

ZeroX03

Banned
Some snaps I took direct using my Live Gamer Portable. Not sure if it's me but the colours seem washed out whenever I take screenies from the device. Hmmm...

kf73.png

vi7r.png

ub1.bmp

f8h.bmp

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I just think that the glare in KZ is exaggerated hugely and the colors seem ..off?

The glare is only in certain parts of the game when, well, the sun is out, shining into the player's face.

I don't know if you've played the game, but outside of that opening forest level, the sun glare is pretty minimal. There are a few chapters where there is definitely a bright sun, but nothing like that first area.

Personally, I think CoD Ghosts looks like crap, and Killzone and BF embarrass it, but that's just me.

Top Bottom