• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Conspiracy Article) Who Leaked "Halo"?

lexi

Banned
In a world where....

Woah, did anyone else start to hear a deep superimposed voice from that point in the article on? I was kind of dissapointed to find that this article was not about Yamauchi's ninjas sabotaging Halo 2.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I believe this is very possible. First thing I thought of when I heard of the leak was the press-frenzy it'd cause. Heck, the national papers here even ran the story.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
SantaCruZer said:
I thought I read somewhere that there was an english option as well?

Only for subtitles. Multi language subtitles depending on your xbox settings, but dialogue is in french.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
WTF is such a stupid stuff doing on yahoo finance ? I understand it comes from another site, but what does a serious site like yahoo finance carry such an extremely stupid text ?
And if MS did the leak themselves, I'm pretty sure the french division would be aware of that and not pray for their job like they seem to be doing right now...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Blimblim said:
WTF is such a stupid stuff doing on yahoo finance ? I understand it comes from another site, but what does a serious site like yahoo finance carry such an extremely stupid text ?
And if MS did the leak themselves, I'm pretty sure the french division would be aware of that and not pray for their job like they seem to be doing right now...

Who says they're praying for their job?

Also, can someone confirm the leak actually originated geographically from France? I know it was the French version, but that alone doesn't mean the game was stolen in france.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
gofreak said:
Who says they're praying for their job?

Also, can someone confirm the leak actually originated geographically from France? I know it was the French version, but that alone doesn't mean the game was stolen in france.
I say they are praying for their job, I have quite a lot of contacts at MS France. It's maybe a bit too much since I don't think anyone will be fired for a leak from a 3rd party (being the duplication center), but they are *REALLY* pissed off. And they have not doubt where it comes from, just no single guy to blame yet as far as I know.

gofreak said:
I believe this is very possible. First thing I thought of when I heard of the leak was the press-frenzy it'd cause. Heck, the national papers here even ran the story.

Don't French love honey???? Ilovebees.com ???? :D

DSN2K

reifinal2.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Blimblim said:
I say they are praying for their job, I have quite a lot of contacts at MS France. It's maybe a bit too much since I don't think anyone will be fired for a leak from a 3rd party (being the duplication center), but they are *REALLY* pissed off. And they have not doubt where it comes from, just no single guy to blame yet as far as I know.

That's interesting. Cos I thought a lot of Microsoft's European software originates from Ireland..

Blimblim

The Inside Track
gofreak said:
That's interesting. Cos I thought a lot of Microsoft's European software originates from Ireland..
True, but I guess something as big as Halo 2 had to be duplicated in more than one center or something.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
"In the French version, have the characters drop their plasma rifles at the first sign of trouble! (Hey, I'm just kidding, France. You're all right.)"

Haha

The rest of the article sucks though

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Fleming said:
"In the French version, have the characters drop their plasma rifles at the first sign of trouble! (Hey, I'm just kidding, France. You're all right.)"

Haha

The rest of the article sucks though

I was about to post a nearly identical message.

IgeL

Uh... we've already seen the effect of "I heard Halo 2 is not so good..." "I heard the opposite!"

That's not good for the marketing in my opinion. Halo 2 had a very strong momentum going on for it (and still has) but there's now more "doubt" than there was before the leak.

the only thing wrong with this article is .. well, everything .. for one, pretty much every game gets put out there... many do weeks before release... so it's not something extraordinary... i mean, look at juiced...

LakeEarth

bishoptl said:
"It was me, Austin! It was me all along!"

Heh, I read that like 5 times before I realized the reference.

Best part about that was that McMahon told Austin that he was the greater power the week before... so when he said "It was me all along", I was waiting for Austin to pop up and go "Yeah you told me a week ago, jackass".

Wouldn't the repercussions of such an action potentially cause MS a lot more headache than it's worth? I mean, the game's gonna sell a fuckload as is so to do something as stupid as support piracy channels for the sake of media coverage could result in serious problems for MS if this bullshit were to be true. Aren't there serious fines and/or jail time associated to such an act? This just doesn't seem to add up to me and the person(s) responsible probably wouldn't want to sacrifice job loss or legal troubles.

Fularu

Banned
Society said:
100% true.

Announcing gold very early. Unknown group released it. The 'leak' was foretold.

No sane group woul release such an early leak with their name in the release dir.

that's a one hit fake group

Top Bottom