• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cystm

Oh wow Donovan calling Mexico quitters and saying Americans would never quit

Smart move, Landon, when half of your viewers are Mexican. Call them quitters.

Haha yup

They did quit. After the 3rd goal. Memo took about 10 seconds to get back in position on the 6th goal.

Unless you mean to say, that was Mexico trying their best?

Yup, we have a population advantage and are very diverse. If we focused on football we would be top 5 world wide.

get rid of the huge fees to play youth soccer and get better coaching and we're like 1/4 of the way there already.

There are so many kids playing right now that we're missing out on.

NoRéN

Oh wow Donovan calling Mexico quitters and saying Americans would never quit

Smart move, Landon, when half of your viewers are Mexican. Call them quitters.

Haha yup
Mexico did give up though.

Lol if you think Mexico fans are watching on fox instead of Univision.

I have a co-worker called Michael Bradley.

I've been writing him via Whatsapp since the beginning of the match that in an american forum everyone says Bradley is shit hahaahahha.

crazyprac

New coach, let's go younger and develop. I rather have a team able to contend 8-12 years from now than have this type of competition show up every world cup.

Socreges

Banned
They did quit. After the 3rd goal. Memo took about 10 seconds to get back in position on the 6th goal.

Unless you mean to say, that was Mexico trying their best?

All my Mexican friends say Mexico quit that game.
Anyone who was watching that game would say the same. That's not the point. He took it as a flag-waving moment and then used the Mexicans to contrast. Just stupid thing to say when you're on national television.

Holy Christ you guys are awful at getting context

New coach, let's go younger and develop. I rather have a team able to contend 8-12 years from now than have this type of competition show up every world cup.
Some perspective please. Argentina is the #1 team in the world with perhaps the best player ever on it currently in his prime.

Cystm

I'm reminded of the repeated failures by Bradley in both 2010 & 2014 World Cup knockout stages.

You are all out of your minds. Bradley is consistently one of the best players out on the pitch.

He has been fairly terrible this game, but was amazing in both the 2010 and 2014 World Cups. Scored the game tying goal against Slovenia (One of the greatest moments in USMNT history) and was solid during the Brazil campaign in every match we played.

He is constantly one of the best if not the best players in our squad.

Be upset we are losing (I guess) but, Bradley is not the scapegoat here. Reality is.

Ōkami

960.jpg
I'm expecting the typical argentinian pecheo in the final, but the match was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom