• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The up side is we didn't lose by nearly as much as Mexico did and we didn't just quit after a couple of goals.

The down side is, well. It's clear that we aren't a very good team against good teams. We were no match for Colombia and we're no match for Argentina.

Our young generation doesn't seem to have a lot of defenders up and coming. As much as I like our young strikers, it's clear that our defense continues to be hopeless against anybody who's good.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Guzan with a save that he could actually make. Yet apparently he's the goat.

He said American teams never quit. Not Team A. Americans. It was an appeal to patriotism. Then contrasted to the Mexican team. Again, I'm not saying it was deliberate, I'm saying it was stupid.

In that sense I can see what you mean.
We definitely do quit sometimes.

Cystm

Birdbomb is green as fuuuuuuck.

I appreciate Klinsmann getting these young guys some minutes in against a class team, though.

Beach

You can blame the US soccer culture all you want but some of these players are just not good.

Why is the US Hockey team consistently one of the best in the world?

Edit:
Was being sarcastic!

Man losing 7-0 was worst to me then Barzil and Uruguay not getting out on Group Stage

4-0 is respectable. Last Copa America Argentina won 6-1 I believe in semis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom