• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre

"You could have put world-class players on the pitch tonight and it wouldn't have changed a thing!"

Blistering analysis from Landon Donovan.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone who was watching that game would say the same. That's not the point. He took it as a flag-waving moment and then used the Mexicans to contrast. Just stupid thing to say when you're on national television.

Holy Christ you guys are awful at getting context

Team A hasn't quit, he contrasted them with Team B that did quit.

You're making more out of this than it is.

Altazor

I don't think either Mexico or the US tried at all during these past two matches. And if they tried, nobody really noticed.

Mexico Quit after the thrid goal. Hell maybe after the second. Our Coach had a look of disbelief after the second. That's the stupidest thing you can do, if our coach can't believe it, our players wouldn't either.

Our defense gave up. The only players that tried were Raul and Corona. Even Guardado gave up

Beach

The thing is this team isn't going to be much different if all during the world cup qualifiers and world cup

It's after this cycle where things will be interesting

And Fabian has been terrible, surprised he was the worst of the back four

Socreges

Banned
Guzan with a save that he could actually make. Yet apparently he's the goat.

Team A hasn't quit, he contrasted them with Team B that did quit.

You're making more out of this than it is.
He said American teams never quit. Not Team A. Americans. It was an appeal to patriotism. Then contrasted to the Mexican team. Again, I'm not saying it was deliberate, I'm saying it was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom