• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The match will almost certainly be suspended. I wonder if it will be a blessing in disguise for Colombia? I assume the teams will have to play with the same lineup they ended the first half today. Colombia had the momentum and will have their starting lineup rested and will probably play better than Chile tomorrow.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it has been raining a lot too, right?

I'm wondering if the field is in condition to be able to play decently at least or it is going to be a pool where 22 guys try to do their best (and fail miserably at it)?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it has been raining a lot too, right?

I'm wondering if the field is in condition to be able to play decently at least or it is going to be a pool where 22 guys try to do their best (and fail miserably at it)?

Field looks SOAKED. There were also reports earlier of tornadoes in the area. I would be surprised if this game continues. But at the end of the day, follow the almighty $.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They are doing this so slowly, forget it, lol. Move your asses! Get some fit people to do this, not some kids in hoodies and people who had too much subway.

Ain't no way will this restart.

Josh5890

Folks, this is coming from a Chicago Bears fan who watches their team play eight times a year on that field. The stadium uses natural grass. It isn't any sort of artificial turf and the drainage isn't that great. This could be a problem getting restarted tonight.

Field looks SOAKED. There were also reports earlier of tornadoes in the area. I would be surprised if this game continues. But at the end of the day, follow the almighty $.

Damn, I hope they suspend it then. It would be a shame that the match continues like that, where basically the final result will be more luck (good or bad) than actual football skills.

I imagine whoever passed that to Lavezzi must feel like shit.

I watched a US and Mexico team play a tourney game in Mexico and there was a deluge that delayed the game. The were these huge patches of water on the field.

The best part of it was that the camera angle for television picked up the puddles but the players could not differentiate them from the rest of the field when playing. So you would see them blindly dribbling towards a puddle and they would inevitably wipe out and the ball would stop dead and float.

Where are you guys seeing the field being repaired? FS1 is just showing the replay from yesterday's game.

A local station in Chile is showing the field being repaired, so I can confirm it's happening.

ClmiwTcWgAAe5kP.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They have barely done half of the field, and they are getting more and more tired. lol

They should have fricking zambonies to get the water out. Learn from hockey!

Where are you guys seeing the field being repaired? FS1 is just showing the replay from yesterday's game.

Here in a chilean channel they just showed a bunch of guys "pushing" the water out to the sides of the field and as Tragicomedy pointed out, it looks like a fucking pool :(

Man, this is irresponsible. Players can end injured. WTF.

Here in a chilean channel they just showed a bunch of guys "pushing" the water out to the sides of the field and as Tragicomedy pointed out, it looks like a fucking pool :(

Man, this is irresponsible. Players can end injured. WTF.

It what happens when you have grass overlay turf. If they just played on the turf like originally intended. Unless those handegg markings aren't removable

Altazor

Just said on Chilean TV: Teams are going back on the pitch shortly to begin warming up for 20 minutes and the match's second half should begin at 11:25 EDT (and Chilean time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom