• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozfan12

Banned
Colombia finding the ball. Surprised 30 minutes have already gone by. If Colombia sneaks in a goal before the ball well have a game.

Chile got content with the two goals, stopped pressing and now Colombia is growing.

Man, James is such a whining bitch. Always complaining about something. He is excellent but I can't stand him.

Altazor

So clearly the pace of the match has changed. Hernández's injury affected us, his replacement (Pulgar) isn't quite "in" the match yet, and we're trying to bypass the midfield with unsuccesful results. Colombia has the momentum now.

Afrikan

Holy shit what is the Chilean team on? Goddamn.

They have been using speed cheat codes for the past 5 years.

everyone seems to know about them now...but I remember the first time I noticed how much faster they seemed to move than other teams in Copa America when it was in Argentina back in 2011.

the ball looked like it was glued to their feet as they were gliding all around the field.... and they had stamina turned off.

they should've beat Venezuela that year. :/

Arials

I get what you're saying and yes, we still have a long ways to go with youth development before we can hope to match the elite nations. That being said, Klinsi does himself no favors when he starts players like Wondo and Beckerman when he has guys on his bench or back at home that offer better technical skills and elite athleticism. That is what has people frustrated.

So who is a superior DM to Beckerman? Who is a superior striker to Wondo?

Focusing on the striker issue: Wondo is the top US scorer in MLS this season, just like he was last season. Jóhannsson and Altidore are injured, Wood was suspended... it's not like there's a Marcus Rashford type figure tearing it up somewhere who got left out.

73V3N

Banned
ClmL6-QWIAAxYWf.jpg

well.. this must hurt a lot

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Good first half of football. Colombia still hanging in there, but I'm not sure they are able to score two goals to come back.

I'm worried, having only Aránguiz in the miedfield is bad. Pulgar is like totally absent.

Pizzi will need to shuffle some stuff or we'll suffer a lot during the second half.

Damn bad luck with that Tuco injury.

Good first half of football. Colombia still hanging in there, but I'm not sure they are able to score two goals to come back.

I'm not surprised we haven't. Chile's defense is horrible, but we have zero definition. This is a permanent problem in the team, we can't seem to get the ball in the goal.

I just hope Chile keeps it up (down?) and Cuadrado is changed. He's doing nothing.

Still, I bet this'll end 3 - 2, with a Chilean win.

yet not a yellow, according to the ref.

Ugh.

There was zero intent.

moai

Eventhough the colombian player slided he deserved a yellow for that foul on hernandez. He destroyed his knee.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
yet not a yellow, according to the ref.

Ugh.

And no yellow...

Sanchez went all in there. To me it was a clear yellow.

The guy who jumped? maybe. The one who went for the legs wasn't going for the ball.

The Colombian player slipped (like most Colombian did this half, WTF?), it was no intention just bad luck.

I just hope Chile keeps it up (down?) and Cuadrado is changed. He's doing nothing.

He made a wonderful assist didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom