• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsoup

made it a gif for the lulz

giphy.gif

lmbotiva

I can't wait for argentina to score at least 5 against chile, the cockyness on players and fans from chile needs to be lowered by messi

mozfan12

Banned
Should be a cracking match on Sunday. You could clearly see that Chile was missing someone to control the midfield so having Vidal should help them be competitive.

I can't wait for argentina to score at least 5 against chile, the cockyness on players and fans from chile needs to be lowered by messi

What cockyness? Our players have been humble, and while its true that some fans are annoying, mostly it has to do with even more annoying fans from Argentina, Uruguay and Peru that since we won the copa america are shitting in us with the "ustedes se robaron la copa".

That match will be what I thought Chile Vs Mexico was going to be: A match overflowing with goals (from both sides).

5 - 4, something like that.

It'll be glorious.

I think it will be a super closed match.

Anyways, congrats, dude. Colombia did great in the tournament. This match was too weird to draw any conclusion.

moai

Argentina is clear favorite, number one spot on fifa ranking and has the best player on the world. I hope we can be up to the challenge.

lmbotiva

What cockyness? Our players have been humble, and while its true that some fans are annoying, mostly it has to do with even more annoying fans from Argentina, Uruguay and Peru that since we won the copa america are shitting in us with the "ustedes se robaron la copa".
Which is true, or did you forget your player sticking a finger up cavani ass and talking shit about his father just to have him react and get a red?

I think it will be a super closed match.

Anyways, congrats, dude. Colombia did great in the tournament. This match was too weird to draw any conclusion.

No, Colombia always has the same problem: We make no goals. And even though I understand players being frustrated at the refs awful calls, that still doesn't justify unsportmanlike conduct.

Congratz and I hope the best for Chile.

I don't even care about the match with the US, and I doubt Pekerman does either. He'll probably try something fancy again.

Which is true, or did you forget your player sticking a finger up cavani ass and talking shit about his father just to have him react and get a red?

loooooool, Uruguay was playing like crap, including Cavani. Please, don't tell me you're among the delusional guys that believe chile won thanks to what Jara did.

labx

Banned
No, Colombia always has the same problem: We make no goals. And even though I understand players being frustrated at the refs awful calls, that still doesn't justify unsportmanlike conduct.

Congratz and I hope the best for Chile.

I don't even care about the match with the US, and I doubt Pekerman does either. He'll probably try something fancy again.

Mompi, el peor rival de Colombia son los comentaristas deportivos de este país. Javier Hernandez nos echó la sal.

Yep, the prob with COL is that Pekerman put James way on top like a nine, and James is a solid 10. Colombia can't make goals. And it was an awful mistake not put Baquita, sin the beginning. The era of Falcao and Jackson is gone. Colombia do not have solid 9's.

Romero -> Mercado -> Otamendi -> Funes Mori -> Rojo -> Biglia -> Mascherano -> Banega -> Messi -> Di Maria -> Higuain.

That's probably the starting line up.

From a mental strength point of view this will be a super interesting match.

Chile will be pressed to re validate what they did less than a year ago, against a team that historically always has been noticeable better, and in the other hand, Argentina has a lot of pressure to finally win something (as an adult national team). after three consecutive chances.

No matter how much both teams say it's not the case, the amount of nerves will be epic hahaha.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
The statistics of this match are extremely one sided.

Of the 26 matches between Argentina and Chile in Copa America; Argentina has won 19 times, and there have been 7 draws. Chile has never won.

The first non friendly match that Chile beat Argentina was in 2008 , even though both teams have been playing against each other since 1910. The first win in a friendly match was in 1959.

Of the 87 official matches, Chile has won 6 (all in Estadio Nacional, Santiago), Argentina 58.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom